sunandaC

Organizational structure

Diagram of organizational structure is self explanatory that supervisory board of directors is the highest authority followed by chief executive. Business council which leads various departments ranging from IT to HR is the heart of the organization and felicitate smooth functioning of it.

When we look at this corporation house having 13 mega stores across the city –The first question that strikes us the is “How do they control and coordinate their business.” The answer lies in the organizational structure i.e. breaking up business into various departments based on functions and with the help of computer information system headed by IT department.

As we focus on the HR department of the company their basic philosophy is “be good to people and everyone will be good to you.”Mr. Kishore Biyani reveals that “they face conflicts everyday in the organization but they have conflict handling mechanism-conflicts which are not handled at the base level keep on moving to the upper level.”
The growth of any organization depends on volume of the sales and the company has various departments like stores operations, supply chain and services to promote sales.

These departments have come up with exciting marketing strategies –to name a few Green card facility-where they offer membership of privilege club to its customers to build long term relationship with them. Also licensed character merchandising

The most important department is category management –as we saw its significance in the role play. The company has new project department also.

As we study in the theory that one of the important building block in the organizing is grouping jobs i.e. departmentalization which can be done on 4 basis –function, product, location and customers. We have related this theory with organization so pantaloons industries.

We already saw departmentalization on the basis of functions .This on the basis of location –company has a store in each geographic region i.e. south, east and west and respective cities.

the customers based approach is departmentalizing on the basis of men’s wear, ladies wear ,kids wear and the other home accessories from Big Bazaar which is again sub-divided for example in ladies wear they have ethnic and western wear department

bhautik.kawa

Organizational structure

Diagram of organizational structure is self explanatory that supervisory board of directors is the highest authority followed by chief executive. Business council which leads various departments ranging from IT to HR is the heart of the organization and felicitate smooth functioning of it.

When we look at this corporation house having 13 mega stores across the city –The first question that strikes us the is “How do they control and coordinate their business.” The answer lies in the organizational structure i.e. breaking up business into various departments based on functions and with the help of computer information system headed by IT department.

As we focus on the HR department of the company their basic philosophy is “be good to people and everyone will be good to you.”Mr. Kishore Biyani reveals that “they face conflicts everyday in the organization but they have conflict handling mechanism-conflicts which are not handled at the base level keep on moving to the upper level.”
The growth of any organization depends on volume of the sales and the company has various departments like stores operations, supply chain and services to promote sales.

These departments have come up with exciting marketing strategies –to name a few Green card facility-where they offer membership of privilege club to its customers to build long term relationship with them. Also licensed character merchandising

The most important department is category management –as we saw its significance in the role play. The company has new project department also.

As we study in the theory that one of the important building block in the organizing is grouping jobs i.e. departmentalization which can be done on 4 basis –function, product, location and customers. We have related this theory with organization so pantaloons industries.

We already saw departmentalization on the basis of functions .This on the basis of location –company has a store in each geographic region i.e. south, east and west and respective cities.

the customers based approach is departmentalizing on the basis of men’s wear, ladies wear ,kids wear and the other home accessories from Big Bazaar which is again sub-divided for example in ladies wear they have ethnic and western wear department

Hello Dear,

I am also uploading a document which will give more detailed explanation on The Entrepreneurial Organization.

Attachments

• The Entrepreneurial Organization.pdf
    300.3 KB · Views: 0