shreyadas

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ACN, Inc. is a Multi-level marketing (MLM) company that provides telecommunications, television, energy, and other services and also provides Independent Business Owner's (IBO's) an opportunity to form a home-based business. Based in Concord, North Carolina, USA, ACN began operations in the U.S in 1993 as American Communications Network. It extended operations to Europe in 1999 and to Asia-Pacific in 2004, and now operates in 23 countries, on 4 continents.[5] As a reflection of its international operations, it changed its name to just the initial letters ACN.[citation needed] The company is a member of the Direct Selling Associations in North America [6][7] and Europe.[8] In the United States, ACN is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, where it currently has an A rating.[9] In 2010, ACN was placed #21 on Direct Selling News' Global 100 list of the top 100 direct selling companies worldwide based on its revenue.[10]

In 1992, Robert Stevanovski, Greg Provenzano, J.D. Sullivan and twin brothers Tony and Mike Cupisz, founded the American Communications Network, Inc. ACN opened for business in January, 1993 with twenty initial "independent representatives". In its first year it achieved revenues of two million dollars. ACN's initial business was as a marketing arm for a long-distance reseller called LCI Communications. This relationship lasted for five years until LCI was acquired by Qwest Communications.[2] By 1998, ACN was listed in Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500 list as No. 22 in this annual list of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America,[11] with an annual revenue of $98.1 million.
Formerly ACN, through the subsidiaries ACN Energy and ACN Utility Services, operated as a gas and electricity retailer. ACN's energy assets were acquired by Commerce Energy Group in 2006.[12]
Since 2006, ACN has been endorsed by multi-billionaire and Apprentice executive producer, Donald J. Trump. He has gone on to speak at several ACN International Training Events at which he has praised the company's founders, business model and video phone.[13]
In 2008, ACN moved its headquarters from Farmington Hills, Michigan to Concord, North Carolina.[14][15]
On December 13, 2008, ACN committed to purchase in excess of $50 million dollars worth of videophone equipment from WorldGate Communications (stock symbol WGAT). As part of the agreement, ACN, through its investment proxy WGI Investors, purchased all outstanding debentures of WorldGate's senior secured creditor, YA Global Investments, LP (f/k/a Cornell Capital Partners, LP) and acquired a controlling interest (63% of its common stock) in WorldGate, among other conditions. Under the proposed action ACN acquired the right to name four of the seven members of WorldGates's board of directors.[16][17][18]
In September 2010, ACN officially launched operations in South Korea and opened an office in Seoul.[19]

In 1992, Robert Stevanovski, Greg Provenzano, J.D. Sullivan and twin brothers Tony and Mike Cupisz, founded the American Communications Network, Inc. ACN opened for business in January, 1993 with twenty initial "independent representatives". In its first year it achieved revenues of two million dollars. ACN's initial business was as a marketing arm for a long-distance reseller called LCI Communications. This relationship lasted for five years until LCI was acquired by Qwest Communications.[2] By 1998, ACN was listed in Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500 list as No. 22 in this annual list of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America,[11] with an annual revenue of $98.1 million.
Formerly ACN, through the subsidiaries ACN Energy and ACN Utility Services, operated as a gas and electricity retailer. ACN's energy assets were acquired by Commerce Energy Group in 2006.[12]
Since 2006, ACN has been endorsed by multi-billionaire and Apprentice executive producer, Donald J. Trump. He has gone on to speak at several ACN International Training Events at which he has praised the company's founders, business model and video phone.[13]
In 2008, ACN moved its headquarters from Farmington Hills, Michigan to Concord, North Carolina.[14][15]
On December 13, 2008, ACN committed to purchase in excess of $50 million dollars worth of videophone equipment from WorldGate Communications (stock symbol WGAT). As part of the agreement, ACN, through its investment proxy WGI Investors, purchased all outstanding debentures of WorldGate's senior secured creditor, YA Global Investments, LP (f/k/a Cornell Capital Partners, LP) and acquired a controlling interest (63% of its common stock) in WorldGate, among other conditions. Under the proposed action ACN acquired the right to name four of the seven members of WorldGates's board of directors.[16][17][18]
In September 2010, ACN officially launched operations in South Korea and opened an office in Seoul.[19]

Teaching a new skill, celebrations, sharing a meal together…there are so many advantages to being able to see the person you are talking to. Unfortunately, time and distance keep so many of us apart from our loved ones, which is why I believe our ACN Video Phone has the power to change lives for the better.

Being able to call across the country and have an instant family reunion – that’s priceless. But, it’s not just about the ability to see a loved one – there are a lot of ways to set up a face-to-face chat – for me, it’s really about the quality of the experience.

I’ve previously shared how I keep my video phone in my office so I can use it every day. And every time I use it, I know what I’m going to get. Because ACN has its own reliable, state-of-the-art network I don’t have to worry about a dropped call or a distorted image. And all my contacts are just a phone call away – no need to log into a special program or set up extra equipment just to have a face-to-face chat. The fact that I can even hook it up to my big-screen TV or watch my vacation photos scroll across the Digital Photo Frame when I’m not on a call – that shows me the real difference between our product and what else is on the market today.

And even better is that the video phone can be used to call anyone – I can have a face-to-face conversation with a Circle of Champions member, call my friend’s cell phone to schedule lunch and even call my family’s landline phone to plan a visit. All that with just one piece of equipment.

Our video phone is truly the complete package. But why stop there? With the developments that we have in store for the phone and the service for the end of the year, the product will just keep getting better and better.

ACN Inc.com is a telecommunications firm out of Michigan that offers a variety of products. ACN Inc.com offer services such as long distance and local phone plans, digital phone service, and other telecommunication related items.

ACN Inc.com has been around for over 17 years and operates in nineteen different countries. However it was in their Australian sector that ACN Inc.com ran into some problems. The home business opportunity that they offer came under legal fire by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).

An Australian judge ruled that the ACNInc.com business opportunity was a pyramid scheme and not an MLM business. I believe the reasoning was that since the startup costs of becoming an ACN Inc.com representative are so high ($500), there is more incentive to resell the opportunity over the actual products. Even though upon appeals that ruling was reversed many people still feel that way.

The reason is that these days it would be very difficult to make a profit strictly of the commissions from selling the phone plans. ACNInc.com encourages reselling the opportunity to friends and family.

The ACN Inc opportunity also has some strict regulations that you will have to follow. For example, past reps have said that you will be responsible for bills that have not been paid by members in your recruitment line.

If you're at Reviewopedia.com because you're looking for a way to make money online then check out our article "7 Ways to Make Money Online" - methods that anyone can use to earn an income from home.

Last edited: