barriers to effective communication

prachee

MP Guru
plzzzzzzzzzz is anyone having project on barriers to effective communication and mainly the various activities conducted .

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
Communicating in the workplace isn't an easy task. People come from different backgrounds and bring different experiences to the table. Whether problems come from dealing with cultural differences or with messages stemming from nonverbal communication or body language, the barriers to effective communication can be a disruptive force in the workplace.

Unclear language can create a hindrance in understanding, as can delivering in a tone or manner that is counterproductive to the meaning of the message. Closing off your body while suggesting you are open to communicating, for instance, creates a barrier. Also, listening is one of the biggest barriers to effective business communication. Not listening actively can create large gaps in meaning.

In a situation where there are cultural barriers to enjoying effective communication, overcoming the problem can involve learning more about acceptable forms of communicating and listening in your partner's culture.

But how do you improve your own communication skills?

You can prevent barriers stemming from miscommunication by listening more actively. Paraphrase the message to be sure you understand and ask questions for clarity. When delivering a message, keep your body open and available in order to strengthen a message communicating this.

Preparation is also key -- when you have to give a speech, prepare what you'll say beforehand in order to prevent talking in circles.

Finally, everyone communicates differently. A forceful message may motivate one person and overwhelm another. Understanding individual differences is an important way to keep your business communication effective and barrier-free.

plzzzzzzzzzz is anyone having project on barriers to effective communication and mainly the various activities conducted .

Hey prachee, i am going to provide you the required information regarding your subject. Please download my document and i am sure you would find it useful. Actually, it will discuss various barriers which prevents communication within a company.

Attachments

• barriers to effective communication.ppt
    3.4 MB · Views: 0