Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Banking and Insurance Paradise ( BBI Projects and Research Notes ) > Discuss about leading banks and insurance companies

Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain

Discuss Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain within the Discuss about leading banks and insurance companies forums, part of the Banking and Insurance Paradise ( BBI Projects and Research Notes ) category; Hi Guys, I would like to enumerate some of the career profiles in the Finance domain. Corporate Banking Retail banking ...

Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain
Old
 (1 (permalink))
gyanjourney
gyanjourney is an unknown quantity at this point

gyanjourney
Principal Trainer

Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - February 1st, 2010

Hi Guys,

I would like to enumerate some of the career profiles in the Finance domain.
  • Corporate Banking
  • Retail banking
  • Corporate Credit-Credit Appraisal
  • Investment Banking- M&A, IPO, Underwriting
  • Financial Risk Management
  • Insurance Industry
  • Fixed income/Money markets - Trader/Dealer
  • Investments Management(Fund/Portfolio management)
  • Equity - Buy Side/Sell side
  • Financial Operations-Backoffice

Kindly add to above list, if i have missed out something.

Regards,
GyanJourney
GyanJourney.com
Advertisements

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Friends: (0)
Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Rajat Agarwal
thenewsamaritan is an unknown quantity at this point

thenewsamaritan

Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - May 20th, 2010

A detailed analysis of some of the roles:
Corporate Banking - Credit analysts and managers, basically analyse the needs of the client, the risk involved in giving credit to the client, structuring of the credit line etc.

Retail Banking - Sales managers, officers, relationship managers - driving the sales of products of products

Fixed Income - bonds etc (since you get a fixed income from these instruments) - like the above post said traders, dealers

Investments management - Relationship manager, Investment advisor or manager - you have a portfolio of investments (can be an aggregation of equity, mutual funds, real estates, commodities like gold, real estate and even more) and the primary responsibility one has is to increase the value of the portfolio of the client.

Last edited by thenewsamaritan; May 21st, 2010 at 12:46 PM..

Old
 (3 (permalink))
Rajat Agarwal
thenewsamaritan is an unknown quantity at this point

thenewsamaritan

Equity roles are like Equity research, trading roles (usually NBFCs and Private banks recruit for these roles..but the skill set required here is great)

Last edited by thenewsamaritan; May 21st, 2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old
 (4 (permalink))
Manasi Sinari
PR_mp is on a distinguished road

PR_mp
Public Relation Head at Managementparadise.com
Management Paradise Newbie

Haha, how much are these finitiative guys paying you to spam forum @ rajat ?

C'mon you think people on this forum are not smart enough to make out your tactics. And how well do you think it will reflect on the credibility of your company?

PR Representative, Management Paradise.

Mail us your bschool related news / press releases on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old
 (5 (permalink))
Vineet Mathur
vineetm82 is an unknown quantity at this point

vineetm82
Student of MBA at IBS Hyderabad
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh

Institute: IBS Hyderabad
Thumbs up Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - June 3rd, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewsamaritan View Post
A detailed analysis of some of the roles:
Corporate Banking - Credit analysts and managers, basically analyse the needs of the client, the risk involved in giving credit to the client, structuring of the credit line etc.

Retail Banking - Sales managers, officers, relationship managers - driving the sales of products of products

Fixed Income - bonds etc (since you get a fixed income from these instruments) - like the above post said traders, dealers

Investments management - Relationship manager, Investment advisor or manager - you have a portfolio of investments (can be an aggregation of equity, mutual funds, real estates, commodities like gold, real estate and even more) and the primary responsibility one has is to increase the value of the portfolio of the client.
Hi Rajat, thanks for specifying the roles. Can you pls tell what roles are offered in a wealth management profile? Thanks in advance.
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Abhijeet S
abhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to behold

abhishreshthaa
Operations Manager at Management Paradise
Management Paradise Guru

Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - June 8th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetm82 View Post
Hi Rajat, thanks for specifying the roles. Can you pls tell what roles are offered in a wealth management profile? Thanks in advance.
hey friend, well i think that this link can help you to know the roles offered in a wealth management profile...ok
so just check it out....

Reliance Capital

Help Others > Network > Grow

Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.

Old
 (7 (permalink))
Vineet Mathur

vineetm82

Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - June 8th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishreshthaa View Post
hey friend, well i think that this link can help you to know the roles offered in a wealth management profile...ok
so just check it out....

Reliance Capital
Hi i checked the link but couldn't find any WM profiles. I think i put in a wrong way. I want to know the profiles which are offered in campus under wealth management and how i can prepare (for placements) so that i get those roles.
Also if someone can please help and tell me which companies offer wealth management profile apart from banks. I know anand rathi.

Please help....
Old
 (8 (permalink))
Abhijeet S
abhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to behold

abhishreshthaa
Operations Manager at Management Paradise
Management Paradise Guru

Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - June 9th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetm82 View Post
Hi i checked the link but couldn't find any WM profiles. I think i put in a wrong way. I want to know the profiles which are offered in campus under wealth management and how i can prepare (for placements) so that i get those roles.
Also if someone can please help and tell me which companies offer wealth management profile apart from banks. I know anand rathi.

Please help....
hey vineet, so friend i think that answer for your first question that what are the profiles offered by the companies, well will be WM profiles constitutes of starting from Analyst, Associates, Vice President to the Managing Director of the company so obviously company will try to offer post of Analyst or Associates in the Campus.
and now your second questions answer that companies in WM apart from Banks..
well i think there are Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) who also undertake WM work . well for clear understanding of that i am posting i file which consist names and information of different NBFC, which i think can help you out...

if any queries feel free to reply friend...

Help Others > Network > Grow

Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Vineet Mathur

vineetm82

Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - June 9th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishreshthaa View Post
hey vineet, so friend i think that answer for your first question that what are the profiles offered by the companies, well will be WM profiles constitutes of starting from Analyst, Associates, Vice President to the Managing Director of the company so obviously company will try to offer post of Analyst or Associates in the Campus.
and now your second questions answer that companies in WM apart from Banks..
well i think there are Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) who also undertake WM work . well for clear understanding of that i am posting i file which consist names and information of different NBFC, which i think can help you out...

if any queries feel free to reply friend...
Hi, i didn't get any file dear, where can i access the file?
Also i visited the link given by Rajat. Finitiatives have a course on Wealth management is it good? Please help.
Old
Amruta Jadhav
amruta.jadhav53@yahoo.in is an unknown quantity at this point

amruta.jadhav53_yahoo.in
Student of Banking & Finance at mumbai unversity
Thane, Maharashtra

Institute: mumbai unversity
Re: Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain - June 14th, 2010

hey if u help in insurance topic projects dat will really helpful 4 me plz if u hav den send it 2 me