Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Discussion Forums CAT, XAT, MAT, CET, JMET and other Indian MBA Entrance Exams > DI / DS

Improving skills in DI

Discuss Improving skills in DI within the DI / DS forums, part of the CAT, XAT, MAT, CET, JMET and other Indian MBA Entrance Exams category; IT IS A GOOD COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS. Advertisements...

Re: Improving skills in DI
Old
ramtibra
ramtibra is an unknown quantity at this point

ramtibra
Re: Improving skills in DI - July 16th, 2007

IT IS A GOOD COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS.
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Old
Rave_Knuja
Rave_Knuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Rave_Knuja

Institute: IPS Academy
Smile Re: Improving skills in DI - October 10th, 2007

Hello Gaurav!
I wanted to ask a Que. regarding DI n LR.
many of my freinds told me one can only score in this sections by practising as many sets one can. I have practised accordingly but to my parody am still not gettin a good score.Is there any other way you can suggest to improve the DI and LR section ?
Old
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Student of Bachelor of Engineering
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Improving skills in DI - October 10th, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_Knuja View Post
Hello Gaurav!
I wanted to ask a Que. regarding DI n LR.
many of my freinds told me one can only score in this sections by practising as many sets one can. I have practised accordingly but to my parody am still not gettin a good score.Is there any other way you can suggest to improve the DI and LR section ?
Hi Rave_Knuja (cool nick by the way )

Let's take DI first. The essence of DI is to be able to comprehend and calculate very fast. Since managers are supposed to be good at deduction, hence, they should be able to assimilate and analyse a lot of data. This is why your skills in DI are tested.

First you need to understand what is going wrong... Is it that you're slow in understanding the questions, or whether you make calculation mistakes, etc. Why it is said that one must practice a lot of questions is to get that experience from a wide variety of questions, so that once you have the question in front of you, you just know what to do with it.

Speed can be taken care of only when you have achieved sufficient amount of accuracy. Moreover, as you keep on doing more and more type of questions, you get the flair and then your speed automatically goes up.

As for LR, there is no hard and fast rule. The more you solve in it, the more you understand the different types. Everytime you solve a question, find out its correct answer and see what is the reason behind that answer and how different was it from your own thinking. This way, you will be able to think correctly while solving LR questions.

If you have more doubts, feel free to ask me.

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Problems in Life? -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!

Would u like to see
Blog Updated !!!

ONLINE GD -

Join to get GD notifications, updates

Liked my post? Press the
button

Friends: (5)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
devinpara
devinpara is an unknown quantity at this point

devinpara

Institute: viva
Re: Improving skills in DI - May 5th, 2008

thanks a lot for the material . it is very helpful!
Old
czarpavan
czarpavan is an unknown quantity at this point

czarpavan

Institute: IARE
Re: Improving skills in DI - August 7th, 2008

hi thanx for posting this
keeeeeeeeeeeeep it up dude...............
Old
little
little is an unknown quantity at this point

little

Institute: abc
Re: Improving skills in DI - August 9th, 2008

hi...i m nt able to view any attachments...plz someone help./...
Old
nirvana9
nirvana9 is an unknown quantity at this point

nirvana9

Institute: M.H.S.S cOE
Re: Improving skills in DI - August 28th, 2008

Hey thanks you for the valuble info
Old
nirvana9
nirvana9 is an unknown quantity at this point

nirvana9

Institute: M.H.S.S cOE
Re: Improving skills in DI - August 28th, 2008

thanks .................for the great information.......
Old
[email protected]
yush@nitp is an unknown quantity at this point

yush_nitp

Institute: NIT patna
Re: Improving skills in DI - September 7th, 2008

hey i want some help in critical resoning ...
Old
Ankit Parikh
hunkyanks is an unknown quantity at this point

hunkyanks
Student of Science and Engineering at global institute of technology
Jaipur, Rajasthan

Re: Improving skills in DI - October 4th, 2008

Thanks man u doin a great help
keep goin............