reasoning doubts

vanessa

1.six picture cardsP,Q,R,S,T and U are framed in six different colours-blue,green,grey,yellow,brownand red and are arranged from left to right (not necessarily in the same order).
the pictures are of king,queen,princess,palace,joker and prince
the picture of the palace is in blue colourframe but it is not on card S and card P which is of queen,is in the brown frame and is placed at the extreme right.
the picture of the princess is neither on card S nor or card T and is not in either the green or the yellow frame.card R has a picture of the king in the grey frame and it is fifth from the right and next to card Q having the picture of the prince.

a) if the princess's card is between the cards of the palace and the prince ,then at what number is the joker's card placed from left?
a)fifth b)second c)first d)data inadequate

well i m getting the answer as c) which is wrong..the answer is a)..well i think i am having problem understanding the language in the placement of cards ..though it seems simple.please help....

2.A careers is planning to organise lectures A,B,C,D,E,F,G and H for 3 subjects quants.DI,and english.quants to be covered first in 3 lectures followed by english then by DI in 2 lectures.lectures A,C and D have to be on seperate days.lectures B and F have to be on seperate days,but lecture B cannot be clubbed with A or G or D.lecture G and H should come on the same day.
a)which of the following lectures were for DI?
a) D,F b) B,C c)G,H d)data inadequate

well i feel the data is inadequate but the answer is a)..please explain.

3.ten students A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I and J are chosen to represent their college in 4 sports--tennis,badminton,table tennis and snooker.the badminton team has one student less than the tennis team.A, B and C are not tennis players individually or in a group.D,E and F are not in the badminton team individually or as a group.G, H and I are not in table tennis individually or as a group.J is not a table tennis player.none of the students is a snooker player.
a)which of the following students could be table tennis players?
a)J B G b) J C F c)J D E F d) J B C D

b)of hose listed ,what is the largest possible number of students who could be table tennis players?
a) 6 b) 7 c)9 d) none of these

c)if no other student except I is in the badminton team,which of the following students could be table tennis players?
a) D and H b) F and E c)E and G d) G and h

d)if the tennis team has one member who of the folowing must be a table tennis player?
a) A b) B c) D d) G

e) if G,H,C are the only students in the badminton team which of the three must be the only students who are table tennis players?
a) A B J b) A D J c)B E J d)B F J

f) if A and G are the only badminton players,how many students must be in the table tennis team?
a) 2 b) 3 c) 5 d) 6

i could make the correct table for solving this question but after that was clueless and confused.....and couldn't proceed.
answers are...
a) c b) b c) d d) c e) a f) c :SugarwareZ-158:

somparna dhar

In ques 3, J shd be a table tennis player........bcoz J is included in all the options in the 1st ques. plz confirm.
:SugarwareZ-064:
also, is there any info that ABC or DEF or GHI have to be in same group? otherwise, we will have to make lot of assumption.

somparna dhar

As for ques 2, i have seen a variant in IMS material. but there was some additional info about how many lectures can be held on a particular day. and which lecture was held before the other.
in your version of the ques, i am also finding the data to be insufficient.