Riddle me this, Riddle me that?

savio13

MP Guru
1. John is half as old as Robby, who is half as old as Mike. Their ages total 152. How old is Robby?

2. Megan's house is 10th from one end of the block and sixth from the other end. How many houses are there in the block?

3. What letter is immediately to the left of the letter three to the right of the letter immediately to the left of the letter three to the right of B?A B C D E F G H

4. What number comes next in this sequence?1 3 8 19 42 ?

5. If one letter in each of the three words below is changed, a phrase can be found. What is it?FIND ANY CANDY

6. Find a six letter word made up of only the following four letters:L V O E

7. Every day, a cyclist crosses the border between France and Germany carrying a bag. No matter how much customs officials investigate him, they do not know what he is smuggling. Do you?

8. We are all around, yet to us you are half blind. Sunlight makes us invisible, and difficult to find. What are we?

9. Always old, sometimes new, never sad, sometimes blue. Never empty, sometimes full, never pushes, always pulls. What am I?

10. A black dog stands in the middle of an intersection in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him.

ANSWERS

1. Robby is 48 years old. John is 72 years old and Mike is 32.

2. 15

3. F

4. 89 - Double the previous number, then add 1,2,3,4, and 5 respectively.

5. Fine and Dandy

6. EVOLVE

7. Bicycles

8. Stars

9. The moon

10. It was daylight

savio13

MP Guru
What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?

What goes up and down the stairs without moving?

What can you catch but not throw?

I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?

What's black and white and red all over?

What goes around the world but stays in a corner?

I have holes in my top and bottom, my left and right, and in the middle. But I still hold water. What am I?

Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

ANSWERS​

A towel.

An ear of corn / A chicken.

A rug.

A cold.

A nose.

An embarrassed skunk / A zebra painted red. / A sunburned penguin. / A newspaper.

A stamp.

A sponge.

Fire.

A coffin.

savio13

MP Guru
1. Suppose you are on an elevator on the 16th floor of a building, when the cable breaks. As you plummet toward the ground, you recall that you once heard that by jumping up fast at the instant of impact, you can escape death. You also recall that the floors are twelve feet apart and that the acceleration of a falling object is 32 feet per second squared. When should you jump?

2. A dog can run fifty miles in a day. How far could he run into a 120 square mile forest in two days?

3. A light year is 5.9x10^12 miles and Alpha Centuri is 2.5x10^14 miles away. If your friend stood on the surface of Alpha Centuri and waved, how long would it be until you could see it from the earth?

4. Buildings A and B are adjacent buildings. The floors in the buildings are twelve feet apart. Building B is 16 stories high. If Gumball the Clown jumped out of the 20th story window of Building A, how far would he fall before hitting the roof of Building B?

5. If you roll snake eyes eight times in a row with the same pair of dice, what is the chance of rolling snake eyes on your ninth roll?

6. The human body holds nine quarts of blood. Suppose you were alone in the desert and accidently cut a major artery. If you bleed at one cup a minute, how long will it take you to bleed to death?

7. What's the largest number of coins you can have without having even change for a dollar?

8. If a boy and a half could eat a hot dog and a half in a minute and a half, how many hot dogs could six boys eat in six minutes?

ANSWERS​

1. You would impact between the 2nd and 3rd second after the cable broke, so you would want to jump 2 seconds after the break. However, considering the calculations involved, you would probably end up as a heap of screaming bloody mess at the bottom of the elevator shaft before you figured the answer out. Besides, there's no telling if jumping really works.

2. About half way. After that, he starts running out of the woods.

3. From now until hell freezes over. No telescope yet invented has that kind of magnification. Besides, Alpha Centuri is a star and your friend couldn't get within miles of it without being vaporized.

4. Far enough.

5. Pretty good! The dice are obviously loaded.

6. Apply a tourniquet, and you won't.

7. As many as you can carry, if they aren't in dollar-based currencies.

8. Who cares? I want to see how that half a boy can eat anything.

savio13

MP Guru
# What goes up and down stairs without moving?
# Give it food and it will live; give it water and it will die.

# What can you catch but not throw?

# I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?

# Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red.

# Remove the outside, cook the inside, eat the outside, throw away the
inside.

# What goes around the world and stays in a corner?

# What gets wetter the more it dries?

# The more there is, the less you see.

# They come at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen.

ANSWERS

# Carpet

# Fire

# A cold

# A nose

# A match

# Corn

# A stamp

# Towel

# Darkness

# Stars

savio13

MP Guru
# What kind of room has no windows or doors?

# I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and on my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?

# I look at you, you look at me, I raise my right, you raise your left. What is this object?

# It has no top or bottom but it can hold flesh, bones, and blood all at the same time. What is this object?

# The more you take the more you leave behind.

# Light as a feather, there is nothing in it; the strongest man can't hold it for much more than a minute.

# As I walked along the path I saw something with four fingers and one thumb, but it was not flesh, fish, bone, or fowl.

# What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

# I went into the woods and got it, I sat down to seek it, I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it.

# What can fill a room but takes up no space?

ANSWERS​

# A mushroom

# A sponge

# A mirror

# A ring

# Footsteps

# Breath

# Glove

# River

# Splinter

# Light

savio13

MP Guru
# It is weightless, you can see it, and if you put it in a barrel it will make the barrel lighter?

# No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?

# Only two backbones and thousands of ribs.

# Four jolly men sat down to play, And played all night till the break of day. They played for cash and not for fun, With a separate score for every one. When it came time to square accounts, They all had made quite fair amounts. Now, not one has lost and all have gained, Tell me, now, this can you explain?

# Jack and Jill are lying on the floor inside the house, dead. They died from lack of water. There is shattered glass next to them. How did they die?

# Why don't lobsters share?

# A barrel of water weighs 20 pounds. What must you add to it to make it weigh 12 pounds?

# Big as a biscuit, deep as a cup, Even a river can't fill it up. What is it?

# Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

# He has married many women but has never married. Who is he?

ANSWERS​

# A hole

# Silence

# Railroad

# Four men in a dance band

# Jack and Jill are goldfish.

# They're shellfish.

# Holes

# A kitchen strainer

# She lives in the Southern Hemisphere.

# A priest

savio13

MP Guru
# If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?

# If you have it, you want to share it. If you share it, you don't have it. What is it?

# You can't keep this until you have given it.

# Take off my skin, I won't cry, but you will. What am I?

# What book was once owned by only the wealthy, but now everyone can have it? You can't buy it in a bookstore or take it from the library.

# What can go up and come down without moving?

# What do you fill with empty hands?

# What do you serve that you can't eat?

# What do you throw out when you want to use it but take in when you don't want to use it?

# What goes up and never comes down?

ANSWERS​

# None. Roosters don't lay eggs.

# A secret

# A promise

# An onion

# A telephone book

# The temperature

# Gloves

# A tennis ball

# An anchor

# Your age

savio13

MP Guru
# What has a foot on each side and one in the middle?

# What has to be broken before it can be used?

# What kind of coat can be put on only when wet?

# What question can you never answer "yes" to?

# What's the greatest worldwide use of cowhide?

# Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white?" or "The yolk of the egg is white?"

# You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?

ANSWERS

# A yardstick

# An egg

# A coat of paint

# "Are you asleep?"

# To hold cows together

# Neither, the yolks are yellow.

# A telephone

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Here are some more... keep enjoying.... m attaching it................

Attachments

• riddle.doc
    24 KB · Views: 2