UGC recognition...

swatisharma

Hi, please tell me what is
1)UGC recognition of a college/ programme??
2)How is it helpful for students?
3)Whats up with the feud between UGC n IIPM?
4)Also, please provide me with a list of very good colleges in "DELHI" itself.

If any other info u would like to share regarding MBA or IIPM, please do..
Thanx....

profalok

There are several institutions that offer professional education:
a. UGC recognised univerisity affiliated institutes
b. UGC recognised AICTE approved univerisity affiliated institutes
c. Only AICTE approved institutes
d. Programs offered by deemed and privae univerisities again recognised by AICTE
e. Autonomous programs like ISB hyderabad, IIMs and IIPM
UGC is the govt body that recognises universities in India.
A student can pruse further higher education if he so desirec anywhere in the word provided he does the course from a UGC recognised univeristy affiliated institute
AICTE wants all institutes proffering higher education diplomas to fall within its purview which has been successfully resisted bythe above mentioned institutes in E above.

profalok

See there is no spcific benefit other than recognition being given to the degree of the student in case he wants to go for PhD etc. THE difference is that a student who does his PGDBM can do in for a Felllowship which is considered equivalent to
Further the fee charged by the institutes affiliated to UGC recognised Universities are effectively Univerisity affiliated colleges and the fee charged is considerably less

swatisharma

another thing i would like to ask,is that....
is there any advantage/use of the internship of 2 months we bba students are supposed to have during their 2nd year summer vacations??? or will it be better to get a certificate "made"??