Which MBA exam do you take? CAT, CMAT, XAT, NMAT, IIFT, TISS, IBSAT, SNAP?

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Which MBA exam do you take?

CAT: CAT is one entrance exam that opens up a gateway to many colleges.You must take if you are targeting top 15 institutes in India. If you want to enter IIMs, then know that IIMs take only CAT exam. Apart from that engineer's who want to make it to IITs / NITIE, must take CAT.

13 IIMs, FMS Delhi, SP Jain Mumbai, MDI, IITs, NITIE etc are the top colleges that take CAT score

CMAT: CMAT is the exam that you take should you be from Maharashtra.The DTE considers only CMAT score for Maharashtra seats. If you are from outside Maharashtra and want to make it to the top institutes in Mumbai / Pune , then CMAT is an important exam.

CMAT considers best of two attempts of – Sept and Feb tests.

If you want to get into JBIMS, then you have no option but to take CMAT. Other top institutes in mumbai that take CMAT are sydhnem, Somaiya, Welingkar. Goa institute of management in goa also considers CMAT / XAT scores

XAT: XLRI is the top institute for people who want to pursue a career in HR. They consider only XAT scores. SP.Jain Institute in Mumbai, XIMB, GIM, XIME, LIBA considers XAT scores too

NMAT: NMAT is the entrance exam to get into NMIMS (Mumbai). NM has a Bangalore and Hyderabad Campus too.

SNAP : SNAP is conducted by Symbiosis to admit students to SCMHRD SIBM SIIB.

IIFT: IIFT known for its course in finance has two campuses – Delhi and Kolkatta. You got to crack this to get into IIFT.

TISS – TISS in Mumbai is famous for its courses in HR, Social Entrepreneurship.

IBSAT – IBSAT is your ticket to ICFAI Hyderabad.

Apart from these there is IRMA for rural management mba, ATMA, MAT.

How do you decide which entrance exams to take?

You need to check which courses and colleges you want to get into.

If you are an engineer from Mumbai and are ready to go anywhere in India, then you can take all the exams mentioned above.

Or, Say you are an engineer with poor academics who is not ready to travel outside Mumbai then take CMAT, NMAT. SNAP, etc.

Besides, speak to different people, talk to seniors, teachers and friends to decide which exams you should take.

Plan your dates well as sometimes CAT and NMAT exam dates collide. Be optimistic while choosing the exams you wish to take.

If your heart is set on a specific institute, then apply for that seperately. We'd recommend if you are from Mumbai, you MUST take CMAT, CAT and NMAT.

If you are not from mumbai and do not regard JBIMS highly, you can ignore CMAT.

If you wish to pursue an MBA from any of the symbiosys institutes, take SNAP or else let that pass.

Trust this writeup helped you with your journey B-School selection journey. Best of luck !

Last edited by a moderator:

AnujSharma2691

hello Sir,
I wanted to say that i have done btech in ece and i want to pursue mba.is this choice bad ?and What i want to ask is that the exam pattern and syllabus of cat and snap same,like if i take coaching for cat, will i be preparing for snap also??

bhautik.kawa

hello Sir,
I wanted to say that i have done btech in ece and i want to pursue mba.is this choice bad ?and What i want to ask is that the exam pattern and syllabus of cat and snap same,like if i take coaching for cat, will i be preparing for snap also??

Hello Friend,

Below i am Sharing CAT Syllabus, CAT 2015 Pattern, How to Crack CAT Exam, SNAP Exam Pattern, and list of SNAP Question Paper with Solution. this may help you to Studies

CAT syllabus : -

~ Verbal Ability (i.e English)
~ Quantitative Ability (i.e Mathematics)
~ Logical Reasoning (i.e. LR)
~ Data Interpretation (i.e. DI)

CAT 2015 pattern : -

CAT 2015 pattern Change! Composed By Vista Mind | Category - Strategy on ManagementParadise.com

Toppers Strategies to Crack CAT Exam, this will help you to Crack CAT if you Planning for CAT

Toppers Strategies to Crack CAT Exam Composed By James Watson | Category - News on ManagementParadise.com

SNAP Exam Pattern

http://www.managementparadise.com/f...-entrance-exams/226352-snap-exam-pattern.html

List of SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) Question Paper with Solution this also help you to Prepare for SNAP Exam

http://www.managementparadise.com/f...85-snap-symbiosis-national-aptitude-test.html

Thank you!

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
hello Sir,

Yes, you will be preparing for all exams because all MBA entrance exams have almost the same syllabus. They all test you on your verbal, mathematical and logical reasoning skills. Some will also test you on General Knowledge.

Whether to go for an MBA or not is a personal choice. You have to think of whether you can afford an MBA and get into a great b-school. Doing it from a mediocre b-school is an absolute NO.

gabby_sweet7

Hello Sir,
It is really difficult to choose exams and colleges to apply to.
I have already spent a lot. Also, the deadlines of colleges close before the resutls of CAT.
Thank u for the list.