Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects > Business and Industrial LAW

mercy killing

Discuss mercy killing within the Business and Industrial LAW forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; want data in euthanasia ie mercy killing my 50 marks r in the hands of the members of this site ...

mercy killing
Old
 (1 (permalink))
mahdevan
mahdevan is an unknown quantity at this point

mahdevan
mercy killing - August 21st, 2006

want data in euthanasia ie mercy killing my 50 marks r in the hands of the members of this site so pls help me as soon as possible ie within 2-3 days
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Re: pls help me
Old
 (2 (permalink))
nishu_1986
nishu_1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

nishu_1986

Re: pls help me - August 27th, 2007

Euthanasia Definitions
Euthanasia: the intentional killing by act or omission of a dependent human being for his or her alleged benefit. (The key word here is "intentional". If death is not intended, it is not an act of euthanasia)

Voluntary euthanasia: When the person who is killed has requested to be killed.

Non-voluntary: When the person who is killed made no request and gave no consent.

Involuntary euthanasia: When the person who is killed made an expressed wish to the contrary.

Assisted suicide: Someone provides an individual with the information, guidance, and means to take his or her own life with the intention that they will be used for this purpose. When it is a doctor who helps another person to kill themselves it is called "physician assisted suicide."

Euthanasia By Action: Intentionally causing a person's death by performing an action such as by giving a lethal injection.

Euthanasia By Omission: Intentionally causing death by not providing necessary and ordinary (usual and customary) care or food and water.

Why euthanasia should be allowed?
Those in favour of euthanasia argue that a civilised society should allow people to die in dignity and without pain, and should allow others to help them do so if they cannot manage it on their own.

They say that our bodies are our own, and we should be allowed to do what we want with them. So it's wrong to make anyone live longer than they want. In fact making people go on living when they don't want to violates their personal freedom and human rights.It's immoral, they say to force people to continue living in suffering and pain.

They add that as suicide is not a crime, euthanasia should not be a crime.

Why euthanasia should be forbidden?
Religious opponents of euthanasia believe that life is given by God, and only God should decide when to end it.

Other opponents fear that if euthanasia was made legal, the laws regulating it would be abused, and people would be killed who didn't really want to die.

The legal positionEuthanasia is illegal in most countries, although doctors do sometimes carry out euthanasia even where it is illegal.

Euthanasia is illegal in Britain. To kill another person deliberately is murder, even if the other person asks you to kill them.

It is also a criminal offence in Britain, punishable by 14 years' imprisonment, to assist, aid or counsel somebody in relation to taking their own life.

Changing attitudes
The Times (24 January 2007) reported that, according to the 2007 British Social Attitudes survey, 80% of the public said they wanted the law changed to give terminally ill patients the right to die with a doctor's help.

In the same survey, 45% supported giving patients with non-terminal illnesses the option of euthanasia. "A majority" was opposed to relatives being involved in a patient's death.

anywayz all d best

Bye
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Re: mercy killing
Old
 (3 (permalink))
Jitendra Mazee
jitendra05 is on a distinguished road

jitendra05
Student of Bachelor of Engineering at RGTU Bhopal
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru

Institute: RGTU Bhopal
Re: mercy killing - February 19th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdevan View Post
want data in euthanasia ie mercy killing my 50 marks r in the hands of the members of this site so pls help me as soon as possible ie within 2-3 days
Hey mahdevan, i understood your requirement and would like to share a document on the mercy killing. Well, i am not sure that you would find it useful or not but if you want any more details then you can ask me here anytime. For now, download my presentation and check it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MercyKillings.pdf (324.2 KB, 0 views)