Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects > Business Environment

McAfee EPO Agent and McAfee Installation Designer

Discuss McAfee EPO Agent and McAfee Installation Designer within the Business Environment forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; Hi all, I'm using MID in an attempt to create an install package for VSE 8.7 and ePO agent 4.00. ...

McAfee EPO Agent and McAfee Installation Designer
Old
 (1 (permalink))
hankey
hankey is an unknown quantity at this point

Institute: gfvff
McAfee EPO Agent and McAfee Installation Designer - May 16th, 2009

Hi all,

I'm using MID in an attempt to create an install package for VSE 8.7 and ePO agent 4.00. I'm having some troubles getting the latter component to install on the finished build.

Everything is set correctly, and as I understand it, the ePO agent has to be set in the 'AutoUpdate Configuration' screen, specifically, the setting labelled 'New Common Management Agent installation file'.

For this, I include the agent installation file (FramePkg_UPD.exe), which on it's own, installs fine.

However, when I save the settings, and attempt to install to a new machine (using SetupVSE.exe), I get the following error message:

The installation cannot continue until the ePO Management Agent is of version 3.6 or higher.

Can't work out why I'm getting this as I have included the agent installer in the package. Is there some command switches that I've missed or a setting in MID that I've overlooked?

Any help would be appreciated.

Friends: (0)