Packaged Atta Industry - Analysis

projects4mp

OBJECTIVE:

India has always been an attractive market because of its size; several factors have fuelled the Big guns enthusiasm to enter the food industry now.
The developments on the foreign direct investment front allowing companies to own 100 per cent in the food processing sector, the removal of the dividend balancing norms, the reservation of select segments in the food processing sector, has made a presence in the Indian market a feasible proposition.
The basic objective of this project is to have an insight of the Branded Atta Industry and to see what drives the big guns in such an industry which has gone untapped since years. An attempt is made to understand the consumer preference in such a product and what companies can do to get the desirable market share because the key here is volume.

Attachments

• packaged atta.doc
    116.5 KB · Views: 299

Kashif.spjain

The branded atta industry in India is growing at about 10-12 percent per year and the growth seems to be more looking at the MNCs entering in India in food processing sector.

Anirban.Das

OBJECTIVE:

India has always been an attractive market because of its size; several factors have fuelled the Big guns enthusiasm to enter the food industry now.
The developments on the foreign direct investment front allowing companies to own 100 per cent in the food processing sector, the removal of the dividend balancing norms, the reservation of select segments in the food processing sector, has made a presence in the Indian market a feasible proposition.
The basic objective of this project is to have an insight of the Branded Atta Industry and to see what drives the big guns in such an industry which has gone untapped since years. An attempt is made to understand the consumer preference in such a product and what companies can do to get the desirable market share because the key here is volume.

Thanks. Doing a project on Aashirvaad, will help in that.

Anirban

intellectsin

Good one... This is really Useful. Can anyone help me with some insight on Orissa Market . I want some information on Local brands in this market.

In its natural state, wheat is a good source of vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), niacin, B6 (pyridoxine), E, as well as iron, and zinc. Nevertheless, because most of these nutrients are concentrated in the outer layers of the wheat grain, a significant proportion is lost during the milling process. For lower extraction rates of flour (i.e. more
refined flour) , the loss of vitamins and minerals is greater. In developed countries, wheat flour is generally fortified with vitamins B1, B2, niacin, and iron. In some countries
calcium and folate are also added. Vitamins A and D can also be added to flour. This way consumers get a one up product in case of branded packaged atta than in case of local chakki atta. I am presently doing a project on branded packaged atta vs local chakki atta - consumer behaviour analysis and strategy for positioning of packaged atta. I would welcome any suggestions on how I can further add value to the project. Regards.

harshgarg31

well your analysis seems to be good. kindly allow me to have the detailed analysis report as I am planning to launch a new product in the market

Ronak123

Key points:
The packaged atta industry is a 700cr market in India, growin at about 15% annually. Aashirwaad atta has 45% market share where as hindustan lever's annapurna has 25% market share.