Branded Water Bottle Industry - Market Analysis

projects4mp

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

The packaged drinking water industry is in the growth stage. A number of leading players have emerged such as Bisleri, Aquafina, Bailey, and Kinley. There are other significant players like Yes, Ganga, Himalayan and many others.

Foreign players in the local market such as Evian and Perrier also characterize the industry. At present, the Indian market is also less organized and not much branded.
In this context, the industry needs to be studied to find the structure in terms of players, substitutes and others factors governing the success of leading players. This report attempts to study the following:

Market Study
Packaged drinking water market in terms of major players, market size, growth, and market shares of players, segmentation statements and positioning of the various products available.

Consumer Study
The consumer segments and their habits and practices also have been studied along with packaging technologies available and the importance of distribution and logistic networks.

Strategies
To analyse the reasons for success and make a set of best practices and strategies for the players. The company profiles also need to be studied to be able to cross-compare and make deductions as to what are the best practices existing.

Attachments

• Segment of Water Bottles.DOC
    198.5 KB · Views: 567

kee

This project might prove to be very helpful in the analysis of Bisleri along with its competitors that i am doing.

This would involve the identification of the position of Bisleri on the Hofers MAtrix.

Project shortly forthcoming !

rohan1983

There's no questioning the existence of a market for water: the typical human needs between a litre and two a day; India's 1 billion plus populace needs between 1 billion and 2 billion litres a day; even if the number crunching is restricted to the country's 100-odd million consuming classes, the result is a staggering 100-200 million litres a day, or 36.5-73 billion litres a year. In money terms, at Rs 10 a litre, the potential market could be worth between Rs 36,500 and Rs 73,000 crore. A glass of water would be in order now. The market is worth a measly-by-comparison Rs 1,000 crore now, but it is growing at the rate of 40 per cent a year. :SugarwareZ-056:

ksmallela

A very nice article for a good cause. I would like to see some articles related to 4 P's of marketing on Kinley. I would be happy if you could provide me the appropriate links

princeofdiu

I am looking forward to read this report as, Highland spring one of the best bottled water manufacturing firm planning to enter india very soon..

princeofdiu

;l;; mmmmm mm mm mmm mmm mmmmm mmmmmm mmm mmm mm mm mmm mmm m mm m mmmm mmm mmmmmmmm mmmm mmmmmm m m m mm mm hmlkmvhg g gf gf yg h giyg o uguy yug oiuh puijg iu uyv ly uyvouyfv ougy uyvuyv oiug ougy uyvuyb nouy biub iuoo iuyv uyv uyvvuvv ghv uoy8yuvg uovyouy uyv uyv ouyvuyvb mmm.;l;ljml

kgn k gk lknglhj hojopj pojhpoj pphok poj opjoi jhoihj oijo ijoij oij oij oij oij oij kmn lkn lkn lkn lkn ohn oibho uibhi uboi oih p9iug uoyg 8y8g yv yug iu iuh iuh iouh iuhy iuh juh

taruna101

Hi, try to focus on unorganized sector..its threat for the big players and also to collect relevant market info is bit tedious job..