21-year-old is the luckiest man alive!

21-year-old is the luckiest man alive!

Gulam Chauraghi falls off a running train, slips through the Vitawa bypass bridge and onto a truck on the busy road below; he survives all this with just a fracture!

Faizan Kazi- (New -e-Editor)

Twenty-one-year-old Gulam Chauraghi, considers himself the luckiest man alive after he survived falling off a running train with just a fracture to show for it. Even the doctors treating him at Shivaji Hospital, Kalwa, cannot believe he survived such a horrific accident. “I have never come across anything like this. It is really a miracle that he survived with just a fracture after falling off a running train,” said Dr Amol Gite of Shivaji Hospital.

The accident

Mirror%5C2006%5C10%5C23%5C2%5C102220062238522341022200622363993%5Cimages%5Cimgm1c10.jpg

On October 5, Gulam, who lives in Thane, was on his way to meet some friends in Kalwa. “My friend Hamid and I took a train at 11.30 pm. As we had to get off at the very next station, we decided to stand near the door. But just as the train started moving, I felt a bit dizzy. When the train crossed Thane creek and reached the Vitawa bypass, I remember fainting,” said Gulam.

Extremely luckily for Gulam, he fell off the bridge and landed on a truck passing underneath. And, as the truck was moving, Gulam rolled off the truck as well.

Meanwhile, a terrified Hamid, expecting the worst, returned from Kalwa along with a few GRP officials. “I was scared because Gulam had fallen out of a running train. I was shocked to find that he had only suffered a few bruises on his hand and face. We quickly rushed him to Shivaji Hospital,” said Hamid.

Due to the shock, Gulam was unconscious for next two days and is now recovering from the fracture to his left leg. Doctors have advised him complete bed rest for a month.

Gulam’ ecstatic father Mohammed, thanks god for saving his child. “It was a miracle that a truck came in right at that very moment to save Gulam. My faith in god has increased and all our family members are now observing rozas for Gulam’s fast recovery.” Two days ago, Gulam returned home after two weeks in hospital.
Mirror%5C2006%5C10%5C23%5C2%5C102220062238522341022200622363993%5Cimages%5Cimgn2c11.jpg

Kya nasseb hai Gulam bhai