Best Nokia Phones vs. Alternatives

Sometimes you know you how much money you want to spend on a phone and you know you only want a Nokia. But what you don’t know is the best phone you can buy at that amount of money. We’ll try and answer that question. We’ve updated and split up this guide into the most requested price brackets of Rs. 4,000, Rs. 8,000, Rs. 12,000, Rs. 16,000, Rs. 20,000 and also Rs. 35,000, which we feel is sure to cover the price range you are looking into. And as an added feature for non-Nokia fans, we’ve also tried to suggest the best non-Nokia you can buy at each price bracket. Now go on and splurge.

Best Nokia in 4k: Nokia 6030

This is the new-age budget blockbuster from Nokia, the absolute best you can get in Rs. 4,000. It's actually a sleek, good looking and light phone, that has a modest 128x128 65k color display and a decent 3mb of memory to store stuff downloaded via GPRS. There's no Bluetooth or USB, but the FM radio is one of the main reasons for the 6030 being a hit.

Best Alternative: Samsung SGH-X160

The X160 is a clamshell alternative. No, this one doesn't have FM, but it has a bigger 128x160 display, a 1,000-entry phonebook, 1.2mb internal memory and Java MIDP etc. Around Rs. 1,000 extra can get you your FM, too, in the X210.

Source : tech2

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Best Nokia in 8k: Nokia 7360

The L'Amour collection 7360 may be fashionable to only some, but it actually is the best value for money you can get in Rs. 8,000. It has a stereo FM radio, MP3/AAC playback, a VGA camera, a 128x160 screen and EDGE support as well. There is Infrared and USB support, but no Bluetooth. And neither is there a memory card slot to extend the 4mb internal memory of the phone.

Best Alternative: Motorola SLVR L7

The candybar RAZR, this SLVR L7 is pretty much on par with the Nokia 7360 with its VGA camera, MP3 playback support and around 5mb of usable memory, but it loses the FM radio and EDGE support. However, the L7's larger display (176x220), Bluetooth and TransFlash memory card slot bring it back up on the level. And you can't ignore the slimness!

Source : Tech2

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Best Nokia in 12k: Nokia 6131

The clamshell Nokia 6131 gives you a 1.3 megapixel digital camera, a high resolution 240x320 display and plays MP3s stored on the microSD/TransFlash hot-swappable memory card. And if you can't get enough of that, there's always FM radio to switch to. EDGE, Bluetooth, Infrared, USB. Packed!
Best Alternative in 12k: Sony Ericsson W700i

So the display in the W700i (172x220) is not as sharp looking as the Nokia 6131, but you do get a great quality 2 megapixel digital camera and a candy bar form factor if you prefer. There's your standard MP3 player, FM radio, 34mb internal memory with a Memory Stick Pro Duo slot, Bluetooth, IrDA, USB. Sadly, there's no EDGE.

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Best Nokia in 16k: Nokia N72 and 6280

We couldn't decide between the N72 Smartphone and 6280 non-Smartphone. The Nokia N72 runs Symbian Series 60, has a 2 megapixel camera with flash, a standard 176x208 display, 20mb internal memory with DV RS-MMC card support, stereo FM radio and voice dialling. A good value Smartphone. The Nokia 6280 on the other hand is a 3G/WCDMA non-Smartphone running the updated Series 40 UI, whlist still showing off a higher resolution 240x320 screen and all the other features like MP3 playback, 2 megapixel camera with flash and another VGA camera for video calling, but the internal memory is low at 6mb. You've got Bluetooth, IrDA, USB and stereo FM radio. All set.

Best Alternative in 16k: Sony Ericsson W810i

Another Walkman series phone, the W810i is yet another all rounder also offering a 2 megapixel camera with flash, a 176x220 display, Memory Stick Pro Duo card support with upto 2GB possible, MP3 playback, FM radio with Radio Data Service support (not available in India though), Bluetooth 2.0 and USB. EDGE Network support is available.

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Best Nokia in 20k: Nokia N71 or Nokia E61

The Nokia N71 and the E61 both are quad-band, 3G phones; have a large 320x240 hi-res screen, an MP3 player, extendable memory, etc., but the N71 is more multimedia-directed with an FM radio tuner and dual-cameras (2-megapixel and VGA), while the E61 is more business-directed with a widescreen display, a full QWERTY keyboard, Microsoft Exchange email support and no camera. Your pick.

Best Alternative in 20k: Sony Ericsson "Cyber-Shot" K790i

The upgrade to the popular K750i, the K790i brings in a 3.15 megapixel camera with xenon flash, increased 2-inch 320x240 display, 64mb internal memory with Memory Stick Micro M2 support, MP3 playback, FM Radio with Radio Data Service support and TrackID music recognition. Connectivity is sorted with Bluetooth, USB, IrDA and EDGE networks are also supported. An all rounder? Of course.

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Best Nokia in 35k: Nokia N93

The most feature packed Nokia you can get, the N93 offers the familiar N90 form factor with an added flip for the large QVGA (320x240) screen that lets you rock it laptop-style, or watch it on the TV with the TV-output feature. The N93 also has a 3.2 megapixel digital camera with a Carl Zeiss lens and 3x zoom. It comes with 50mb shared internal memory and also a miniSD expansion slot. Also available is an MP3 player, FM radio, EDGE, WiFi, uPnP, Bluetooth… everything! Around Rs. 34,000.

Best Alternative in 35k: O2 XDA Atom Exec
This incremental upgrade to the O2 XDA Atom comes with a faster processor (520MHz) and more ROM (192MB). It has everything from MP3, Bluetooth, WiFi, card slot, FM, and the camera is only 2 megapixels, but the point of the phone is different, so that’s not something to complain about. This one is not exactly comparable to the Nokia N93 and there’s no TV output, but this is the best alternative you can get at this price - around Rs. 36,000. Oh come on, its just a thousand extra!

Source : tech2

djrubi

wow cool thinking!
i think Sony Ericsson cell phones are far more better than Nokia phones, if we talk about extra features and looks in comparitively low price!