Will Camera Phones replace Digital Cameras?

In the past few years Camera phones have outsold proper digital cameras and camcorders. So is this the future? Will your cellphones double up as Digital Cameras in the future?

Technology always has changing trends. So it this next? The food for thought here is - "Have these camera phones taken away the Digital Camera market by attracting the Real DigiCam users? By making them sell their DigiCams and go for a good camera phone?".

Though I don't know how many of you reading this are serious about photography but anyone who has used a decent Digital Camera with a Optical Zoom would agree with me. Till recent I used to have a really Old Sony T-3 (5MP with 3x Optical Zoom) and none of the camera phones still impress me for 1 basic reason: There is no OPTICAL ZOOM offered! Another misconception is 'higher MegaPixel = Better Camera'. But as Mr Mahaveer (of SAPL) always mentions to me, "The quality of the image depends on the lens, not the Megapixel". This is probably why My good old Treo 650 with a old VGA camera beats all the 1.3MP phones in the market in terms of quality.​

Read the full post on OnlyGizmos - Camera Phones: Will they replace your DigiCams and Camcorders?

onlygeek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Very frankly I find it stupid for companies to plan a 8 megapixel camera without an optical zoom. Apparently it will be launched by year end

Micheals

Turbo Photo is a powerful darkroom photo editing software which will help photography enthusiasts to improve their digital photos. And Recomposit is a photo masking and compositing tool which actually separates the image object from its background with hair, edge, transparency intact. Step Ok is the site which has these softwares for sale. Photographers can log on to buy them.