Flavoured Water

Open A Flavoured Water Restaurant..

This will be a chain of restaurants located besides every college / school...

Kids, teens and lovers can hang out there and drink variety of flavoured water drinks which are priced cheaper than bisleri ..

This would serve as a dating spot / pub kinda thing so that they dont have to go to highly priced caffe shops for mingling ;)

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
good idea but not feasible cannot cover costs eventually and its better to open a soda pub which already exist... and flavoured water means soft drinks lol

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Naah.. flavoured water does not mean what you are thinking..

Flavoured water is not soft drinks

its like mint flavour, donut flavour, chocolate flavour.. what not ..

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
nothing but water in the resturant ??? flavoured water brands are around and so are shops that sell only flavoured water , but this is kinda like oxygen bars ...

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
There are already some Spa's and health clinics offering this service..

they charge loads for this treatment . I saw it on TV couplea months back.

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well there was a oxygen bar close to my residence well it closed after 2 mnths, reason the customers wer already getting it for free.... lol nuthing much but in india people are not ready to shell out money for oxygen only ... if it is included in a health program in a reputed spa then only it wrks. i prefer chocolate baths and massage WooOOOoooOOOOOOo

and flavoured water.. Bah Humbug

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
what is an oxygen bar??

Flavoured water seems to be a nice but are u planning to leave Mp for that?? :p

I think it should have a cool name, call it flavoured H2O instead. Secondly, why only water. The restaurant should be serving snacks too... isn't it. Just flavoured water isn't profitable.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Flavoured water seems to be a nice but are u planning to leave Mp for that??

Whatever made you think I would be leaving MP :p

This section is e-novate Ideaz @ MP , wherein anyone can put the craziest of their ideas.. and people can discuss it.

Please open new threads for new ideaz.. go nuts :)

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i guess it will have to be carefully co ordinated , but it could be a complete experience , maybe we can mix it , a flavoured oxygen bar ?? where u can sip apple flavoured water while breathing apple flavoured air ......er... the kind of air u would be likely to breathe sitting below an apple tree at Himachal .... just an example , its possible to do that with any flavour

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Beta duryodhan.. your ideas get better and better with every post .

Added to your rep :)

bips

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
but flavoured water is already available is it not ?.... so ur idea is opening an exclusive outlet for it ? not viable

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
freely available ??? burgers and coffee were freely available before Burger king and starbucks came around .....i dont understand the funda , do u need to have an availability constraint on something to make it commercially viable ???

sorry for now having posted recently ... end terms are around the corner and i am loaded with work ..
CS
batch of 2008
Goa Institute of Management

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Aah... Beta Duryodhan is back..

Bips, I recommend you read " The under cover economist " and " Freakonomics " to get a better understanding of lateral thinking and demand and supply theories.

Maybe after that you will be able to relate to this idea better :)

bips

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I have read them and i do know dd and ss theories... let me elaborate on what i meant
Catch launched flavoured water... but it hasn't really picked up.... it fits no particular slot - cola/juices/ mineral water/ no health benefit . You can't charge a huge premium for it bec at the end of the day, its just water (evian charges a premium but thats another story altogether)
So what i want to know is - how will you position it in the market. Will just flavoured water (which u say will be priced cheaper than bisleri) be enough to cover ur restaurants' operating costs. Plus what abt the fatigue factor - simply flavoured water is neither relaxing like a cup of coffee nor is useful when u r hungry, so u will have to have more items on the menu
I wrote the earlier comment when i was on a reading spree, so ended up writing just one line so probably u thought i was just tossing aside the idea without giving it much thought....
Its just that how can u have exclusive outlets for something u want to have a very low price. It just won't be economically viable - either u diversify and offer a range of services or you go the mass retail way or you position ur product in the premium section

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Open A Flavoured Water Restaurant..

This will be a chain of restaurants located besides every [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida]college[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] / school...

Kids, teens and lovers can hang out there and drink variety of flavoured water drinks which are priced cheaper than bisleri ..

This would serve as a dating spot / pub kinda thing so that they dont have to go to highly priced caffe shops for mingling

Please focus on the target audience and the location .

dgr8superstar

c guys flavoured water da conccept is litttle vary becoz it wont catch up the high till ppl have sum craze abt it
and flavoured water doesnt mean water wid choco taste
u can experiment wid sparkling water