Online jobs, matrimony biz to reach Rs 565 cr

Driven by emergence of Internet as a potent medium, around 25 million users are likely to register themselves for online job search and matrimonial alliances resulting in business of around Rs 565 crore by March 2008, according to Assocham.
The chamber's paper on Emerging trends on rising popularity of online jobs and matrimonial alliances, revealed that jobs and matrimonial alliances through online have more takers now due to the combination of both convenience and economic factors.
The paper revealed that the size of matrimonial advertisement business is likely to grow by 60 per cent to reach Rs 136 crore and that of jobs by 75 per cent to touch Rs 429 crore in current fiscal.

As per estimates, in 2005-06, matrimonial ads business was Rs 58 crore, while it was Rs 150 crore in case of job search. This respectively rose to Rs 85 crore and Rs 245 crore, showing a growth rate of 48 perent and 63 percent in 2006-07.
The paper highlighted that online subscriber for matrimonial alliances was seven million in 2006-07 and is projected to grow to 9.5 million users by 2007-08 with the 25-34 years being the fastest growing age group.
"While the number of online job seekers was estimated close to 7.5 million in 2005-06 and in the following year, the number rose to 10 million. In the current fiscal, the number of job explorers through online services will rise to about 15 million in the current fiscal," Assocham President Venugopal Dhoot said. The male, female ratio in case of job seekers was 69 per cent and 31 per cent and junior, mid-level and senior executives accounted for more than 50 per cent of the online job seekers, the paper said.

http://www.financialexpress.com/old/latest_full_story.php?content_id=170517

richgilligan

Hello Everyone, I have searched my bride in Matrimony and found a good match. Providing free to get bride contact details and free registration. No fees at all.
I should say thanks to this site.
-Ragavan