short stories with a moral

Pls take care of your Parents Story of the CROW
AN 80 YEAR OLD MAN WAS SITTING ON THE SOFA IN HIS HOUSE ALONG WITH HIS 45 YEARS OLD HIGHLY EDUCATED SON. SUDDENLY A CROW PERCHED ON THEIR WINDOW.

THE FATHER ASKED HIS SON, "WHAT IS THIS?"
THE SON REPLIED "IT IS A CROW".
AFTER A FEW MINUTES, THE FATHER ASKED HIS SON THE 2ND TIME, "WHAT IS THIS?"
THE SON SAID "FATHER, I HAVE JUST NOW TOLD YOU "IT'S A CROW".
AFTER A LITTLE WHILE, THE OLD FATHER AGAIN ASKED HIS SON THE 3RD TIME, WHAT IS THIS?"
AT THIS TIME SOME EXPRESSION OF IRRITATION WAS FELT IN THE SON'S TONE WHEN HE SAID TO HIS FATHER WITH A REBUFF. "IT'S A CROW, A CROW, A CROW".
A LITTLE AFTER, THE FATHER AGAIN ASKED HIS SON THE 4TH TIME, "WHAT IS THIS?"
THIS TIME THE SON SHOUTED AT HIS FATHER, "WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING ME THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN AND AGAIN, ALTHOUGH I HAVE TOLD YOU SO MANY TIMES 'IT IS A CROW'. ARE YOU NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS?"

A LITTLE LATER THE FATHER WENT TO HIS ROOM AND CAME BACK WITH AN OLD TATTERED DIARY, WHICH HE HAD MAINTAINED SINCE HIS SON WAS BORN. ON OPENING A PAGE, HE ASKED HIS SON TO READ THAT PAGE. WHEN THE SON READ IT, THE FOLLOWING WORDS WERE WRITTEN IN THE DIARY :- "TODAY MY LITTLE SON AGED THREE WAS SITTING WITH ME ON THE SOFA, WHEN A CROW WAS SITTING ON THE WINDOW. MY SON ASKED ME 23 TIMES WHAT IT WAS, AND I REPLIED TO HIM ALL 23 TIMES THAT IT WAS A CROW. I HUGGED HIM LOVINGLY EACH TIME HE ASKED ME THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR 23 TIMES. I DID NOT AT ALL FEEL IRRITATED I RATHER FELT AFFECTION FOR MY INNOCENT CHILD".

WHILE THE LITTLE CHILD ASKED HIM 23 TIMES "WHAT IS THIS", THE FATHER HAD FELT NO IRRITATION IN REPLYING TO THE SAME QUESTION ALL 23 TIMES AND WHEN TODAY THE FATHER ASKED HIS SON THE SAME QUESTION JUST 4 TIMES, THE SON FELT IRRITATED AND ANNOYED.

SO.. IF YOUR PARENTS ATTAIN OLD AGE, DO NOT REPULSE THEM OR LOOK AT THEM AS A BURDEN, BUT SPEAK TO THEM A GRACIOUS WORD, BE COOL, OBEDIENT, HUMBLE AND KIND TO THEM. BE CONSIDERATE TO YOUR PARENTS. FROM TODAY SAY THIS ALOUD, "I WANT TO SEE MY PARENTS HAPPY FOREVER.

THEY HAVE CARED FOR ME EVER SINCE I WAS A LITTLE CHILD. THEY HAVE ALWAYS SHOWERED THEIR SELFLESS LOVE ON ME. THEY CROSSED ALL MOUNTAINS AND VALLEYS WITHOUT SEEING THE STORM AND HEAT TO MAKE ME A PERSON PRESENTABLE IN THE SOCIETY TODAY". SAY A PRAYER TO GOD, "I WILL SERVE MY OLD PARENTS IN THE BEST WAY.

I WILL SAY ALL GOOD AND KIND WORDS TO MY DEAR PARENTS, NO MATTER HOW THEY BEHAVE."

THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2007
Something to Make Me Happy shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces.

A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "Do I have enough?" As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokémon toys.

He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He, too, had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so, at the most.

He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokémon video games. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his fath
I was doing some last-minute Christmas er shook his head, "no."
and his father. Rather dejectedly, the boy had given up on the video games
The little girl had apparently chosen her Barbie, a beautifully dressed, glamorous doll that would have been the envy of every little girl on the block. However, she had stopped and was watching the interchange between the little boy and had chosen what looked like a book of stickers instead. He and his father then started walking through another aisle of the store. The little girl put her Barbie back on the shelf, and ran over to the Pokémon games. She excitedly picked up one that was lying on top of the other toys, and raced toward the check-out, after speaking with her father.

I picked up my purchases and got in line behind them.

Then, much to the little girl's obvious delight, the little boy and his father got in line behind me. After the toy was paid for and bagged, the little girl handed it back to the cashier and whispered something in her ear. The cashier smiled and put the package under the counter.

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"

With that, she handed the little boy the Pokémon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!

The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life. Then they walked out the door, and I followed, close behind them.

As I walked back to my car, in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that. I'll never forget what she said to him. "Daddy, didn't Nana and Paw Paw want me to buy something that would make me happy?" He said, "Of course they did, Honey."

To which the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!" With that, she giggled and started skipping toward their car. Apparently, she had decided on the answer to her own question of, "Do I have enough?"

priyankappd

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A child told the mother: “Mum you are very beautiful today.”
Replied the mother : “Why?”
The child said : “ Because you did not get angry today .”
Moral of the story:
1. It is easy to possess beauty:- do not get angry.
2. Anger is temporary madness.

A man attended an interview for a job.
Along the corridor, he picked up a piece and threw it into a dustbin.
The interviewer passed by and saw it.
This man got the job.
Moral of the story:
Live with good habits, and you will be recognised.

A small boy worked as an apprentice in a bicycle shop.
A man sent a bicycle for repair.
After repairing the bicycle, this boy cleaned up the bicycle and it looked like a new one.
Other apprentices laughed at him for doing redundant work.
The second day after the owner claimed the bicycle back, this boy was pinched and offered a job.
Moral of the story :
1.Go the extra mile to be successful.
2. Doing more gains more & Doing less loses more.

The owner of a farm asked his child to work everyday at the farm.
His friend said to him : “ You do not have to make your son work so hard. The crops would grow just as good.”
Owner of the farm replied: “ I am not cultivating my crops, but my child.”
Moral of the story:
1. A simple way to groom a child is to let him experience some hardships.
2. If not cut, jade would not turn into useful ware.

A shop is always brightly lit up.
Someone asked : “What brand of bulb are you using ? It is so lasting.”
The shop owner replied : “Our bulbs blew out frequently. We replaced them once a bulb blew out.”
Moral of the story:
1. It is simple to maintain brightness , change the bulbs regularly.
2. To brightening up everyday life : Endeavour to abandon unwholesome states of mind and make an effort to encourage wholesome states to grow.

:SugarwareZ-100:

Zahbeen

A 10 yr old boy went 2 an
ice-cream shop & askd:

Hw mch a cone costs?

Waiter said:

'Rs.15'

da boy startd counting hw mch he had in his purse. Den, he askd:

Hw mch a small cup cost?

Waiter said:

'Rs.12'

da boy askd 4 a small cup. He had it, paid bill & left.

Wen the waiter came 2 pick da empty plate, he was touchd.

Da boy had left 'Rs.3' coins as tip 4 him

MORAL:

Try making evry1 happy wid sumthin u have...

priyankappd

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A Priest dies & is awaiting his turn in line at the Heaven's Gates. Ahead of him is a guy, nattily dressed, in dark sun glasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket & jeans.

Lord Dharamraj asks him: Please tell me who are you, so that I may know whether to admit you into the kingdom of Heaven or not?

The guy replies: I am Banta Singh, taxi driver from New Delhi !

Lord Dharamraj consults his ledger, smiles & says to Banta Singh: Please take this silken robe & gold scarf & enter the Kingdom of Heaven .

Now it is the priest's turn. He stands erect and speaks out in a booming voice: I am Sant Shiromani Baba so & so, Head Priest of the so & so Temple for the last 40 years.

Lord Dharamraj consults his ledger & says to the Priest: Please take this cotton robe & enter the Kingdom of Heaven .

'Just a minute,' says the agonized Priest. How is that a foul mouthed, rash driving Taxi Driver is given a Silken robe & a Golden scarf and me, a Priest, who's spent his whole life preaching your Name & goodness has to make do with a Cotton robe?

'Results my friend, Results,' shrugs Lord Dharamraj.

While you preached, people SLEPT; but when he drove his taxi, people PRAYED.

Moral of the story: It's PERFORMANCE & not POSITION + EDUCATION that ultimately counts.

:ranger:

Last edited:
A Moral Story : A Wise Counting

Let us enjoy reading this story of A Wise Counting.

Emperor Akbar was in the habit of putting riddles and puzzles to his courtiers. He often asked questions which were strange and witty. It took much wisdom to answer these questions.

Once he asked a very strange question. The courtiers were dumb folded by his question.

Akbar glanced at his courtiers. As he looked, one by one the heads began to hang low in search of an answer. It was at this moment that Birbal entered the courtyard. Birbal who knew the nature of the emperor quickly grasped the situation and asked, "May I know the question so that I can try for an answer".

Akbar said, "How many crows are there in this city?"

Without even a moment's thought, Birbal replied "There are fifty thousand five hundred and eighty nine crows, my lord".

"How can you be so sure?” asked Akbar.

Birbal said, "Make you men count, My lord. If you find more crows it means some have come to visit their relatives here. If you find less number of crows it means some have gone to visit their relatives elsewhere".

Akbar was pleased very much by Birbal's wit.