Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Mirror View - Ebooks Links & Miscellenous Reading Material > Articles !!

NiCk Da Posts..!!

Discuss NiCk Da Posts..!! within the Articles !! forums, part of the Mirror View - Ebooks Links & Miscellenous Reading Material category; 7 Principles to learn from an Eagle Eagles were the symbol of almost all conquerors be it Caesar or Hitler. ...

7 Principles to learn from an Eagle
Old
nick18_in
nick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to behold

Student of MBA at Thakur Institute of Management Studies
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Member

7 Principles to learn from an Eagle - April 22nd, 2006

7 Principles to learn from an Eagle
Eagles were the symbol of almost all conquerors be it Caesar or Hitler. The reason is....!! Read on..... Inspiration on the "7 Principles of an Eagle", Author Dr. Myles Monroe
1. Eagles fly alone at a high altitude and not with sparrows or mix with other smaller birds like geese. Birds of a feather flock together. No other bird goes to the height of the eagle. Eagles fly with eagles. Never in a flock. Even when Moses (Old Testament Bible) went to commune with God on the mountain, he left the crowd at the foothills.
Stay away from sparrows and ravens. Eagles fly with eagles.
2. Eagles have strong vision, which focuses up to 5 kilometers from the air. When an eagle sites prey- even a rodent from this distance, he narrows his focus on it and sets out to get it. No matter the obstacle, the eagle will not move his focus from the prey until he grabs it.
Have a vision and remain focused no matter what the obstacle and you will succeed.
3. Eagles do not eat dead things. He feeds on fresh prey. Vultures eat dead animals but not eagles.
Steer clear of outdated and old information. Do your research well always.
4. The Eagle is the only bird that loves the storm. When clouds gather, the eagles get excited. The eagle uses the wings of the storm to rise and is pushed up higher. Once it finds the wing of the storm, the eagle stops flapping and uses the pressure of the raging storm to soar the clouds and glide. This gives the eagle an opportunity to rest its wings. In the meantime all the other birds hide in the leaves and branches of the trees.
We can use the storms of our lives (obstacles, trouble, etc) to rise to greater heights. Achievers relish challenges and use them profitably.
5. The Eagle tests before it trusts. When a female eagle meets a male and they want to mate, she flies down to earth with the male pursuing her and she picks a twig. She flies back into the air with the male pursuing her. Once she has reached a height high enough for her, she lets the twig fall to the ground and watches it as it falls. The male chases after the twig. The faster it falls, the faster he chases until he reaches it and has to catch it before it falls to the ground, then bring it back to the female eagle. The female eagle grabs the twig and flies to a much higher altitude pursued by the male until she perceives it high enough, and then drops the twig for the male to chase. This goes on for hours, with the height increasing until the female eagle is assured that the male eagle has mastered the art of picking the twig which shows commitment, then and only then, will she allow him to mate with her!
Whether in private life or in business, one should test commitment of people intended for partnership.
6. Eagles prepare for training. When about to lay eggs, the female and male eagle identify a place very high on a cliff where no predators can reach; the male flies to earth and picks thorns and lays them on the crevice of the cliff, then flies to earth again to collect twigs which he lays in the intended nest. He flies back to earth picks thorns and lays them on top of the twigs. He flies back to earth and picks soft grass to cover the thorns, and then flies back to pick rugs to put on the grass. When this first layering is complete the male eagle runs back to earth and picks more thorns, lays them on the nest; runs back to get grass and rugs and lays them on top of the thorns, then plucks his feathers to complete the nest.
The thorns on the outside of the nest protect it from possible intruders. Both male and female eagles participate in raising the eagle family. She lays the eggs and protects them; he builds the nest and hunts. During the time of training the young ones to fly, the mother eagle throws the eaglets out of the nest and because they are scared, they jump into the nest again. Next, she throws them out and then takes off the soft layers of the nest, leaving the thorns bare. When the scared eaglets jump into the nest again, they are pricked by thorns. Shrieking and bleeding they jump out again this time wondering why the mother and father who love them so much are torturing them. Next, mother eagle pushes them off the cliff into the air. As they shriek in fear, father eagle flies out and picks them up on his back before they fall, and brings them back to the cliff. This goes on for sometime until they start flapping their wings. They get excited at this newfound knowledge that they can fly and not fall at such a fast rate. The father and mother eagle supports them with their wings.
The preparation of the nest teaches us to prepare for changes; The preparation for the family teaches us that active participation of both partners leads to success; The being pricked by the thorns tells us that sometimes being too comfortable where we are may result into our not experiencing life, not progressing and not learning at all. The thorns of life come to teach us that we need to grow, get out of the nest and love on. We may not know it but the seemingly comfortable and safe haven may have thorns; The people who love us do not let us languish in sloth but push us hard to grow and prosper. Even in their seemingly bad actions they have good intentions for us.
7. When the Eagle grows old, his feathers become weak and cannot take him as fast as he should. When he feels weak and about to die, he retires to a place far away in the rocks. While there, he plucks out every feather on his body until he is completely bare. He stays in this hiding place until he has grown new feathers, then he can come out.
We occasionally need to shed off old habits & items that burden us and add no value to our lives.
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
Advertisements

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Consultant -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
Friends: (1)
Seeing is Believing, or Is It?
Old
nick18_in
nick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to beholdnick18_in is a splendid one to behold

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Seeing is Believing, or Is It? - April 22nd, 2006

Seeing is Believing, or Is It?
(excerpted from The Seeds of Greatness Treasury)

When your eyes are open, you see the world that lies outside yourself. You see the items of the room you're in, the people, and the view of the landscape through the window. You take for granted that the objects are real and separate from yourself.
However, successful individuals see the act of achieving in advance -- vivid, multidimensional, clear. Champions know that "What you see, is who you'll be." When you close your eyes, images and thoughts flow through your mind. You may review memories of past events, or preview future possibilities. You can daydream about what may be or what might have been, and your imagination will take you beyond the limits of space and time.
Most people attach little importance to these inner visions. They may seem pleasantly irrelevant, or uncomfortably at odds with the accepted external reality. If you're like most people, you grew up with the idea that "Seeing is Believing." In other words, you need to physically see something with your own eyes to believe that it's real. I know many successful individuals who live this way.
But there's an attitude that suggests, "Before you can see it, you have to believe it." This premise holds that our belief system is so powerful that thoughts can actually cause things to happen in the physical world. I also know many successful individuals who live according to this notion of reality. So which concept is nearer the truth? Do you have to see it before you believe it, or believe before you can see it? The answer is: both are basically true.
If you can see something in your mind's eye, and you imagine it over and over again, you will begin to believe it is really there in substance. As a result, your actions, both physical and mental, will move to bring about in reality the image you are visualizing. During my university years at the U. S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, I underwent training in aircraft recognition. All of us midshipmen sat at one end of a hall while silhouettes of American and foreign military aircraft were flashed on a screen at speeds similar to combat situations. We were supposed to write down the numerical designations and names of the planes, such as A-4, F-ll-F, F-4, MIG-21, and so forth. But the task became more difficult each week, because they kept adding more planes, scrambling the order, and speeding up the projection. Finally, it got ridiculous, because the images were going by faster than an MTV music video so that most of us saw only a blur, and some didn't see anything. I began to see planes that weren't even invented yet. When it came time for the final exam, I didn't know for certain which planes I was seeing. I wrote down hunches, intuitions, and reflex responses. But when the test results were announced, virtually everyone had scored a perfect 100 percent. We had seen the planes, even if we didn't necessarily believe it. For me, that test proved that images can be stored and retained, unconsciously, at incredible speeds.
And those stored images, when recalled, can enhance performance. What about the thousands of flickering images we see on a TV, computer or movie screen? What about commercials? Do we have to believe the products really do all those amazing things before we buy them? Do viewers have to think that violent scenes in movies and TV are actually occurring in real life for there to be a negative effect on their behavior? Many people believe that violent fantasy has no impact on their lives whatsoever, because they think they're too intelligent to be swayed by it.
Well, I've got news for them. Whatever you see or experience, real or imagined, consciously or subliminally, when repeated vividly over and over, does affect your behavior, and definitely can influence you to buy a product or buy into a lifestyle, good or bad. Your attitude and beliefs are, quite simply, functions of what you see day in and day out. Information can be taken in almost unnoticed. You won't react to it until later, and you still won't be aware of what lies behind your response. In other words, what you see really is what you get, regardless of whether you know it or not.
You don't need to be watching slides of airplanes, or TV shows, or music videos, video games, or commercials. You can be just lying down, or commuting to work, or walking through a park, and by seeing from within, in your mind's eye, you can change your life.
By rehashing fears and problems, you can make yourself depressed. As a result you can botch a business deal, hurt a relationship, or lower your performance. By forecasting a gloomy outcome in your mind's eye, you can act as your own witch doctor and practice a modern-day kind of voodoo that will fulfill your negative prediction with uncanny accuracy. On the other hand, by replaying in your mind's eye the best game you ever played, you can repeat that best game gain, when the stakes are even higher and the pressure is on. And by mentally pre-playing the best game you've ever imagined, you can set the stage for a world-class performance.
This "instant replay" and "instant pre-play" applies to anything from a successful sales call or athletic event to the effective motivation of your teammates and children. Choose your role models and inputs carefully. Your attitudes and beliefs are the software programs driving you every day on life's journey.
Written by Denis Waitley. To receive Denis Waitley's Weekly Ezine, and to learn about his new program The Platinum Collection - Healthy, Wealthy & Wise visit http://www.getmotivation.com/qk.cgi/denis-waitley

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
Commitment
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Commitment - April 22nd, 2006

He Definitely Should Have Been Committed
Yes, commitment is what is called for. He never cared whether a Monday fell on a Friday nor did it matter to him if it was raining or dry. His motto was, "I am exactly where I need to be at this time. Just take it easy, it'll all work out just fine."
I met him many years ago. Let's just call him Tom. We were in college and he was the roommate of a friend. But they were so different. My friend wanted something out of life while Tom thought that life should bring him all things. My friend worked hard, studied late hours, focussed on his dreams and goals and graduated with honors. He was committed to his success. Tom, on the other hand, wanted all the good things in life, but didn't have direction, a plan, a commitment to his future. No one seems to know what became of Tom. He definitely should have been committed.
It doesn't matter what it is that you want or are striving for. To succeed, a high degree of commitment is necessary. We demand it from others but, most times, do not ask it from ourselves.
How would I like it if after paying a webmaster my last penny to get my web site working, he looks at me and says, "You win some, you lose some. I'll do my best and see what happens. I'll get it done soon. And when it's done, it will probably work, but who knows?"
I wouldn't like to see my child lying on the operating table and hear the surgeon say, "Well, I'll do my best. You win some, you lose some. What do you expect from me? I'm like everybody else-- just trying to make a living. Maybe it'll be successful, but who knows?"
This I know: I want my web master to be totally committed to our agreement. I want my surgeon to feel bad if he loses. I want him to be committed to the well-being of my son. I want my grocer, my airplane pilot, my friends, my everybody to be committed to what they are doing.
And how about me? Shouldn't I be committed to my own success and happiness? Well, sometimes that's a different story, or at least, that's what I'd like to think. You see, it's almost always easier for us to see the fault out there than to accept the responsibility for our own actions. Many times, it's much easier to blame others than to commit ourselves to the path of success and happiness.
Yes, success is not easy. It calls for commitment, for focus, for hurling yourself toward the thing you love to do. Sometimes, success asks for blood, sweat and tears. But failure does not ask, it demands and takes our blood and sweat and tears. It doesn't matter whether we are dealing with business problems, relationship or health issues. The same principles apply.
Commitment does not guarantee success. All it does is guarantee that you WILL succeed or you WILL fail. On the other hand, a lack of commitment loads the dice on the side of failure.
Just the other day I heard from my old college friend. He is enjoying the fruits of success. We talked about Tom and wondered what had become of him. We hoped that he had found something along the way that he could give his life and passion to. Didn't matter what it was, a computer expert, a teacher, car mechanic, astronaut, farmer, whatever. We wished him well.
Whatever it is that you do, give your heart and mind to it. Express yourself through your work, your calling, your vocation. Doesn't matter whether you're seeking your fortune on the internet or pursuing success on the outernet-- a sense of purpose and a touch of madness will bring the world to your doorstep.
I have a bit of the former and lots of the latter. Thus far, with all its ups and downs, with all it's joys and sorrows, with all its failures and successes, life's been good. It's what we make it.
John Harricharan is an award-winning author, speaker and the creator of the ground-breaking "PowerPause" system for success. He has shared the lecture platform with such well-known speakers as Deepak Chopra, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, OgMandino, Eric Butterworth, C. Everett Koop and others.

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
Six Ways to Overcome Fear
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Six Ways to Overcome Fear - April 22nd, 2006

Six Ways to Overcome Fear
As you get closer to fulfilling your dreams, don't be surprised if doubt and fear surface. The number one way we sabotage our dreams is by saying things like, "But, what if?" and imagining the worst. But, what if I... fail, succeed, say or do the wrong thing, don't make enough money?
With this thinking, as you move toward your dream, you'll also move toward your fears and worst nightmares. With too much to risk, most of us give up or never even begin. Here are six ways to overcome fear.
1. If you feel indecisive, this can help. Draw a line across the center of a piece of paper. On the top, write your dream in as much detail as possible. On the bottom, write out your reality (about this dream) including your fears, doubts and "but, what ifs". Are you more committed to your dream or to your fear? Two things will cause you to be more ommitted to your fear. The first is if you don't have a clearly defined dream. The second is if you project your worst fears into your dream, you'll choose reality because it's safer. But when fear is placed in its proper place, as part of reality, it's easier to be more committed to your vision and fear simply becomes something to manage.
2. As you connect to your dreams, you'll often run into the voice of your "Doubter." We might ignore or obsess over this because it tells us everything that might go wrong. Left unattended, this voice can be disruptive. But turn the Doubter down and it becomes the voice of the "Realist," who primarily wants to know what you are planning, usually related to time and money issues. Early on, you may not have all the details figured out, which is why going to strategy too soon can actually hinder or limit your dream. Interview your Doubter and be curious. Capture its needs, insights and wisdom.
3. Your Doubter can provide a list of obstacles based on its fears and concerns. The Dream Coach rule is, wherever there's an obstacle, design a strategy to manage it. Make a list of your obstacles and identify which ones are negative self-perceptions or beliefs and which ones require strategies. The first step in managing fear is to identify exactly what you are afraid if. Just saying, "I'm afraid," can be a whitewash and keep you stuck. Identify what you fear.
4. Beliefs are never neutral. They either move you forward or hold you back, but you choose what to believe. The way to move from limiting beliefs that hold you back to empowering beliefs that move you forward is through willingness, courage and practice. Be willing to believe in yourself and your dreams and have the courage to act on what you believe. Develop this as part of your identity by practicing this behavior continuously until it becomes true.
5. Are you aware of what typically stops you? For most of us, it's something we hate, we're not good at, or that we have no idea how to tackle. It can be frightening and when that task is essential to the success of your venture, it could be your demise. Don't allow one need or issue to destroy your dream. If your dream is to write a book but you can't type, this doesn't have to stop you. Learn a new skill or hire someone. If you can't afford that, explore bartering. Get creative and get going. The time you waste worrying would best be used by seeking guidance and finding answers.
6. Overcome fear and other obstacles (even time and money issues) by enrolling others into your vision. Master this skill and you'll accomplish bigger dreams with less effort. Learn to talk to anyone, anytime and anyplace about their dreams in a way where they feel inspired. Ask what their personal or professional dreams are and explore. Build an arsenal of people that you can reach out to in a pinch. Develop a robust database of brilliant resources that you can access at any given moment. Build a community of fellow dreamers or join one that already exists like www.mydreamcircle.com.
Marcia Wieder is a motivational speaker, specializing in goal setting, visionary thinking and team building. She is the author of several books, and has been featured in her own PBS television special called Making Your Dreams Come True. You can Reach her by visiting http://www.marciaw.com

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
The Wonder Of Your Work
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

The Wonder Of Your Work - April 22nd, 2006

[SIZE==3]The Wonder Of Your Work[/SIZE]

Have you ever seen a child's eyes the first time they look down the main street of Disneyland? That's the wonderment of imagination. Parents are more likely to look down that same street and imagine long line-ups and eternal waiting for everything.

I was reminded recently that all children have this readiness to wonder no matter how poor and destitute. I was raised on the edge of the Sahara Desert where my parents were missionaries. This past Christmas I had their 50-year-old 8mm missionary movies transferred to video for them. In one scene they were giving out T-shirts and shorts to the native kids in a leprosy village who had never seen, never mind owned, anything so wonderful. They had the same look. The look that says, "What do these wonders-mean?"

This is the heart of life - coming to understand what the wonders of our existence - and of our work - mean. All that is possible is wrapped up in the divine gift of imagination which is why it is, at once, the most freeing and imprisoning force known to us - depending, of course, on how we use it.

The world, our own unique personal world, is full of wonders, each of which is connected to our richly imagined future. Very few people see wonders in their workplace. That is a little strange and a lot sad because we can see them elsewhere in our lives.

An executive who appears so uncaring and tough at work actually managed to attend his daughter's grade four play, "The Legend of Johnny Appleseed." Melissa was Mrs. Johnny Appleseed in the play and she insisted that her dad and mom sit in the second row (the first one being "Reserved") right near the center aisle. They could see her white bonnet as she peered through the curtains to be sure they were still there and ready for the wonders they were about to see. And wonders there were! It went the way grade four plays are supposed to go with kids forgetting their lines or not saying them loud enough or saying them too loud. The teacher's constant prompts from backstage, the miscued curtains. Each one a wonder. And then the wonder of all wonders - Melissa's only line rehearsed a thousand times at dinner, in the bathtub and the last thing before sleep. "Oh
my dear husband (that part always made the other kids laugh and it did this time too) do not be discouraged, for people around the world will eat from the orchards you have planted."

I do not even want to meet the parent whose eyes are not filled with tears of wonder in such a situation. Heck, mine are and I'm just making this up. Work is one of the wonders of our lives!

When we can't see the wonders, we are doomed to meander through life without ever finding our intention. When we can't see the wonders we can't make the choices that will lead us to the spiritual wealth that most of us desire.

First we must learn to see the wonders and then we learn to make positive and wise choices in response to those wonders. This is how the richly imagined future becomes present in our lives now.

There are wonders all around us, in every common circumstance. The more we recognize them, the richer we become. May your life - and your work - be wonders-full!

(excerpted from Ian Percy's book The 7 Secrets to a Life of Meaning.)
Copyright The Ian Percy Corporation. Ian Percy is one of North America's most inspirational speakers. Mr. Percy is an international speaker and consultant and can be reached at http://www.ianpercy.com

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
The Marks We Leave
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

The Marks We Leave - April 22nd, 2006

The Marks We Leave
Mark Sanborn

As time goes on and we reflect
On the things we've said and done;
The places we've been, the people we've met
And we think of all the fun.

We realize the marks we leave in life
Aren't made of stone or steel
But rather of the lives we've touched
And how we make folks feel.

For people are far more valuable
Than achievements great and high,
Than cars or planes or space shuttles
Or buildings reaching to the sky.

You and I can leave our mark in life
By doing all we can
To serve and praise and uplift
The lives of our friends, family, children, women and men and all.

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
Take A Moment To Listen Today
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Take A Moment To Listen Today - April 22nd, 2006

To what others are trying to say.
Listen today, whatever you do,
Or they won't be there to listen to you.

Listen to their problems, listen to their needs
Praise their smallest triumphs, praise their smallest deeds.
Tolerate their chatter, amplify their laughter,
Find out what's the matter, find out what they're after

But tell them that you love them, every single night,
And though you scold them, be sure you hold them tight
Tell them, 'Everything's all right --
Tomorrow's looking bright!

Take a moment to listen today
To what others are trying to say.
Listen today, whatever you do,
And they will come back to listen to you.

~ Anonymous

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
It's all in a State of Mind
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

It's all in a State of Mind - April 22nd, 2006

It's all in a State of Mind

If you think you are beaten, you are:
If you think you dare not, you won't
If you like to win, but don't think you can
It's almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost;
For out in the world you'll find
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in a state of mind.

For many a game is lost,
Ere even a play is run,
And many a coward fails
Ere even his work begun.

Think big and your deeds will grow,
Think small and you'll fall behind;
Think that you CAN and you WILL;
It's all in a state of mind.

If you think you are out-classed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise;
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the fellow who thinks he can.

~ Anonymous

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
Control your behaviour !!
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Control your behaviour !! - April 22nd, 2006

Do not allow others to control your behaviour

There is a pan wallah who is the best long face and grouch anyone would have come across. He constantly feels like the world is agains him and is pretty vocal about it. The story goes that one of his pan fans and his friend used to go there after dinner to eat pan. The panwallah would make the pan as usual - in best quality and hand it over. The pan fan would take the pan and eat it - comment to the panwallah on outstanding taste and quality and give money. He would get a grunt for his efforts at the niceties and a morose handing over of exact change.

One day his friend wondered if despite contiuous brushing off of efforts, was it necessary to compliment the panwallah on the taste of the pan etc. Our friend replied that if he was to be in control of the situation the he needed to.

His questions:
Why should the panwallah control my behaviour?
I am happy about the taste of the pan and not the panwallah.

Lessons -
Who is in control of your behaviour?
Keep the main thing the main thing!

Your choices not your chances determine your destiny!

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :
Four Steps to Success!
Old
nick18_in

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Four Steps to Success! - April 22nd, 2006

Four Steps to Success!

Let me pass on to you these four simple steps to success:

Number one is good ideas. Be a collector of good ideas. My mentor taught me to keep a journal when I was twenty five years old. I've been doing it now all these years. They will be passed on to my children and my grandchildren. If you hear a good health idea, capture it, write it down. Don't trust your memory. Then on a cold wintry evening, go back through your journal, the ideas that changed your life, the ideas that saved your marriage, the ideas that bailed you out of bankruptcy, the ideas that helped you become successful, the ideas that made you millions.

What a good review. Going back over the collection of ideas that you gathered over the years. So be a collector of good ideas for your business, for your relationships, for your future.

The next step to success is to have good plans. A good plan for the day, a good plan for the future, a good health plan, a good plan for your marriage. Building anything is like building a house, you need to have a plan.
Now here is a good time management question: When should you start the day?
Answer: As soon as you have it finished. It is like building a house, building a life. What if you just started laying bricks and somebody asks, "What are you building?"

And you say, "I have no idea." See they would come and take you away to a safe place. So, don't start the house until you finish it. Now, is it possible to finish the house before you start it? Yes, but it would be foolish to start before you had it finished. Not a bad time management idea. Don't start the day until it is pretty well finished -- at least the outline of the day. Leave some room to improvise. Leave some room for extra strategies, but finish it before you start it.

And here is the next piece that is a little more challenging: Do not start the week until you have it finished. Lay it out, structure it, then put it to work. Then the next one is a little tougher yet; do not start the month until you have it finished. And finally the big one, don't start the year until it is
finished on paper. It's not a bad idea, toward the end of the year, to sit down with your family for the family structure plans, sit down in your business for the business plans, sit down with your financial advisor for your investments and map out the year... properties to buy, properties to sell, places to go with your family, lay out the year. I finally learned to do that. It was also helpful for my family to show them where they appeared on my calendar. You know I used to have my business things on there and I used to have my lectures and my seminars all laid out on my calendar, and guess what the children said, "Where are we on the game plan, please show us our names on the game plan." So you need to do it for your children, for your spouse, for your friends.

Now, here is the third step to success, and it can be really challenging. Learning to handle the passing of time. It takes time to build a career, it takes time to make changes, so give your project time, give your people time. If you're working with people, give them time to learn, grow, change, develop, produce. And here is the big one, give yourself time. It takes time to master something new. It takes time to make altered changes and refinement in
philosophy as well as activity.

Give yourself time to learn, time to get it, time to start some momentum, time to finally achieve. It is easy to be impatient with yourself. I remember when I first tried to learn to tie my shoes. The shoe strings, it seemed like it would take me forever. Finally I got it and it didn't take forever, but it seemed like for a while I'd never learn, I'd get it backwards; the bow goes up and down instead of across. How do I straighten that out? Finally I got it, it just took time.

Mama taught me a little bit about playing the piano. "Here is the left hand scale", she'd say. I got that, it was easy.Then she said, "Here is the right hand scale." I got that", that was easy. Now she said, "We are going to play both hands at the same time." I said, "Well, how can you do that?" Now one at a time was easy... but at the same time? Looking at this hand and looking at that hand, finally I got it. Finally I got where I could play the scales with both hands. Then I remember the day she said, "Now we are going to read the music and play with both hands." I thought, "You can't do all that." But you know, sure enough I'm looking at the music, looking at each hand, a little confused at first, but finally I mastered it. It took a little time to read the music and play with both hands. Then I remember the day she said, "Now we are going to watch the audience, read the music and play with both hands. I thought, "Now that is going too far!" How could you possibly do that? But see adding them one at a time and giving myself time to
master one before we went to the next one; sure enough I got to where I could watch the audience, read the music and play with both hands.

So the lesson here is: Give yourself time, you can become a better pro, you can better master the art of parenting, you can better master the art of managing time, conserving resources, working together as a partner. Give yourself time.

And here's the last one; learning to solve problems. Business problems, family problems, financial problems, emotional problems, etc. -- challenges for us all. Here's the best way to treat a problem: As an opportunity to grow. Change if you have to, modify if you must, discard an old philosophy that wasn't working well for a new one. The best phrase my mentor ever gave me was when he said, "Mr. Rohn if you will change, everything will change for you." Wow, I took that to heart, and sure enough the more I changed the more everything changed for me.

So learn to master good ideas, have good plans, handle the passing of time and solve problems, and you will be on your way to more success than you could ever imagine!

To Your Success,
Jim Rohn

Best Regards,
Nikhil Gadodia
Consultant -->

Consultant -->

Consultant -->

My Blogs
HR Related :

Mixture :