The Magnetic Field of Everlasting Love

There are some people whose very presence exudes an indefinable power. This magnetism, like the power of gravity, is a tangible force. A magnetic field is created every time a current is passed through an electric wire.

The human nervous system also transmits scientifically measurable electrical impulses; in so doing it sets up its own magnetic field. The more clearly the energy-flow in the nervous system can be realised on its subtle level, the greater one's power to control his life and the physical world aro-und him.

This helps him to control his spiritual destiny. Whatever one holds strongly in mind, that he attracts to himself. When you send out a strong thought, a ray of energy goes out from you towards the object of that thought, creating its own magnetic field, strong or weak according to the relative strength of your will.

A bar of metal becomes magnetised when it is placed next to an already-magnetised piece of iron. Similarly, to acquire strong magnetism it is important to mix with people who already have the kind of magnetism that one wants to develop. Every kind of human activity manifests a magnetism of its own.

For success in that activity, develop the appropriate type of magnetism. Then one may achieve success even if his formal training in that field has been limited. My guru, Paramhansa Yogananda, asked me if I liked his book, Autobiography of a Yogi. It was the greatest book I had ever read.

Because of it I had crossed America to offer my life to his guidance as a disciple. I said it had affected me deeply. "That", Yogananda remarked simply, "is because it has my vibrations". Words convey more than ideas. They are channels of actual magne-tic power by which a writer's soul can touch the souls of his readers.

Read the writings of true saints: Their words convey some of the power of a direct, physical blessing. Everything originates in the Infinite Spirit. Magnetism of every kind is born of the magnetic power of God's love. The hidden atomic energy in a bar of iron is far greater than what one could generate from wielding the bar as a club.

Kindness and fair-mindedness can solve differences more effectively than can brutal tactics. Divine love is the most powerful force in the universe. By the magnetic power of divine love, all things can be accomplished — even that most seemingly impossible of all tasks, our salvation from delusion.

What man by his own power alone cannot accomplish, divine love accomplishes easily. And its task, once accomplished, is accomplished for-ever. By meditation we can tune ourselves to that subtlest ray. Offer your love to God. You will create a magnetic field thereby which will in turn draw His love to you.

In this way, gradually, you will become a channel for His love, drawing Him to you at higher and higher levels of divine awareness until your love attains perfection in Him. Remember, God's love flows to you always.

It is you, by your love, who must complete the circuit, thereby generating the magnetism that can draw to you the very consciousness of Infinity. Excerpted from the writer's The Art and Science of Raja Yoga.

http://spirituality.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1231900.cms