Investing in photography a good option

Professional photography is now considered as an investment option.

It�s right to time to be a photographer and also the right time to invest in works of professional photographers because they're selling like hot cakes.

A few galleries in the metros are busy holding photography shows despite the summer season when the sales are expected to dip
"Photography in India is taken very seriously now. It�s now taken up more as an art form. There are galleries looking at them, buyers looking at them, international museums looking at our photographers," said Gallery Espace Director Renu Modi.

And the interest is not limited to any particular style of photography. From experimental to traditional or even the absolute esoteric � every print seems to have its own wall-space.

And that's good news for upcoming freelance photographer Ajay Rajgarhia. Like most lens men, Ajay too simply loads his pictures on to his laptop to run a quick check before printing them. But Ajay has gone a step ahead.

On May 10, he launched wonderwall � a website that offers a platform exclusively to Indian photographers to sell their works.

"I think it is definitely sustainable. I have seen the demand for the site. We are already getting hits on our site, we are already selling online. Photography, which you see on the computer, is pretty much what you want to get when you buy it. There is no texture to photograph unlike art. So, I think that�s going to help in terms of selling photographs online," said Rajgharia.

And the names you shouldn't miss for that picture perfect investment include �

Ayesha Kapur

Karan Khanna

Shibu Arakkal

Amit Mehra

Dinesh Khanna

As for the price tag, it ranges anywhere between Rs 20,000 and Rs 7 lakh. So make your pick.

Micheals

There is some great news for photographers! Step Ok has two new softwares for photographers, Turbo Photo and Recomposit. Turbo Photo is a powerful photo editing software with plenty of tools which aids users to improve digital photos. While Recomposit is a photo masking and compositing tool which separates the image object from its background keeping the transparency intact. Log on to the site for more on the products.