Stories !!!!!!!!!

Hey, Mpvs,

Here, I am starting a new thread, in which we will include inspirational, motivational, funny & different types of stories....................

Stories..................Stories......................Stories......................&........Stories........

So, Let's Start Posting.......................

Make a difference in someone's life

"Make a difference in someone's life"

There is a nine-year-old student sitting at his desk and all of a sudden, there appeared a puddle between his feet and the front of his pants is wet.

He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. It's never happened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will never hear the end of it.

When the girls find out, they'll never speak to him again as long as he lives.

The boy believes his heart is going to stop, he puts his head down and prays this prayer, "Dear God, this is an emergency! I need help now! Five minutes from now I'm dead meat."

He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says he has been discovered.

As the teacher is walking toward him, a classmate named Susie is carrying a goldfish bowl that is filled with water. Susie trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in the boy's lap.

The boy pretends to be angry, but all the while is saying to himself, "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"

Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy is the object of sympathy.

The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out.

All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk.

The sympathy is wonderful. But, as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else--Susie.

She tries to help, but they tell her to get out. "You've done enough, you klutz!"

Finally, at the end of the day, as they are waiting for the bus, the boy walks over to Susie and whispers, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once, too."

May God help us see the opportunities that are always around us to do good helping others.

Find those opportunities, you will make a difference in someone's life.

Nice Story !!!!!!

NICE STORY !!!!!!!!!

You've probably heard of Stephen Covey, author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." He uses the word paradigm a lot, which simply means a belief, or a point of view.

Dr. Covey believes that you need to have a paradigm shift before you can make dramatic breakthroughs in your business success -- or your life.

Here's a story I heard a few years ago that illustrates the point perfectly.

Imagine you’re in London’s Heathrow Airport. While you’re waiting for your flight, you notice a kiosk selling shortbread cookies. You buy a box, put them in your traveling bag and then you patiently search for an available seat so you can sit down and enjoy your cookies.

Finally you find a seat next to a gentleman. You reach down into your traveling bag and pull out your box of shortbread cookies. As you do so, you notice that the gentleman starts watching you intensely. He stares as you open the box and his eyes follow your hand as you pick up the cookie and bring it to your mouth.

Just then he reaches over and takes one of your cookies from the box, and eats it! You’re more than a little surprised at this. Actually, you’re at a loss for words.

Not only does he take one cookie, but he alternates with you. For every one cookie you take, he takes one.

Now, what’s your immediate impression of this guy? Crazy? Greedy? He’s got some nerve?! Can you imagine the words you might use to describe this man to your associates back at the office?

Meanwhile, you both continue eating the cookies until there’s just one left. To your surprise, the man reaches over and takes it. But then he does something unexpected. He breaks it in half, and gives half to you.

After he’s finished with his half he gets up, and without a word, he leaves.

You think to yourself, "Did this really happen?" You’re left sitting there dumbfounded and still hungry. So you go back to the kiosk and buy another box of cookies.

You then return to your seat and begin opening your new box of cookies when you glance down into your traveling bag. Sitting there in your bag is your original box of cookies -- still unopened.

Only then do you realize that when you reached down earlier, you had reached into the other man’s bag, and grabbed his box of cookies by mistake.

Now what do you think of the man? Generous? Tolerant? ........ i m dumbfounded

Why Is Life So Tough?

Why Is Life So Tough?

We all have the same question: Why is life so tough? Well, there's an easy answer to that.

Bad is easy, Good is hard.
Losing is easy. Winning is hard.
Talking is easy. Listening is hard.
Watching TV is easy. Reading is hard.
Giving advice is easy. Taking advice is hard.
Flab is easy. Muscle is hard.
Stop is easy. Go is hard.
Dirty is easy. Clean is hard.
Take is easy. Give is hard.
Dream is easy. Think is hard.
Lying is easy. Truth is hard.
Sleeping is easy. Waking is hard.
Talking about God is easy. Praying to God is hard.
Watching basketball is easy. Playing basketball is hard.
Holding a grudge is easy. Forgiving is hard.
Telling a secret is easy. Keeping a secret is hard.
Play is easy. Work is hard.
Falling is easy. Getting up is hard.
Spending is easy. Saving is hard.
Eating is easy. Dieting is hard.
Doubt is easy. Faith is hard.
Laughter is easy. Tears are hard.
Criticizing is easy. Taking criticism is hard.
Letting go is easy. Hanging on is hard.
Secret sin is easy. Confession is hard.
Pride is easy. Humility is hard.
Excusing oneself is easy. Excusing others is hard
Borrowing is easy. Paying back is hard.
Sex is easy. Love is hard.
Argument is easy. Negotiation is hard.
Naughty is easy. Nice is hard.
Going along is easy. Walking alone is hard.
Dumb is easy. Smart is hard.
Cowardice is easy. Bravery is hard.
Messy is easy. Neat is hard.
War is easy. Peace is hard.
Sarcasm is easy. Sincerity is hard.
An F is easy. An A is hard.
Growing weeds is easy. Growing flowers is hard.
Reaction is easy. Action is hard.
Can't do is easy. Can do is hard.
Feasting is easy. Fasting is hard.
Following is easy. Leading is hard.
Having friend is easy. Being a friend is hard.
Dying is easy. Living is hard.

No matter who we are, life is hard, and we all ask why it should be so. But there is comfort in knowing we're not alone. So maybe your child or the person sitting over there needs to hear from you right this minute that sometimes you question, too, but that the One who knows us best and loves us most promises that for those who choose the hard way, the dawn gives way to morning splendor while the evil grope and stumble in the dark. Easy is its own reward. Hard is much, much finer."

What Dogs Can Teach Us About Disability

"What Dogs Can Teach Us About Disability"

A friend just told me that her dog is going blind, but it doesn’t seem to bother the dog at all. He just keeps on going, bumping into things sometimes, but otherwise pretty much the same as ever.

I once had a dog who was deaf. He had been deaf from a young age, due to a number of ear infections. It didn’t seem to concern him at all. He was great at reading “sign language”. That is, if I beckoned to him, he would come; if I held up my hand, palm out, as in “stop”, he would stay where he was, etc. If he wasn’t looking at me and I wanted him to come to me, all I had to do was stomp on the floor, and he would feel the vibrations and look at me. Then I just had to motion him to “come”, and he would come.

In fact, there were a few advantages to having a deaf dog. He would never bark. The neighbor dogs could be barking up a storm, but because he couldn’t see them over the high fence they had, and he couldn’t hear them, he wouldn’t react.

And recently, I saw a little three-legged miniature poodle at the Humane Society, waiting to be adopted. The cute little thing was hopping all over, as lively as any dog. The people who came to look at the dogs all really liked her, and I am sure she got adopted quickly.

We can learn a lot from how dogs handle their disabilities. They don’t feel sorry for themselves or get all depressed and ask “why me?”. They just go on with life to the best of their ability. They accept things as they are and don’t obsess over things. They don’t feel self-conscious or worry that people will not like them because they are “different.”

Those of us who have some kind of disability (and I think most people have some kind of “disability”; some are just a lot more visible than others) can take a lesson from these dogs.

Also, just as we seem to think nothing of accepting dogs with disabilities, we can learn to accept our fellow humans with disabilities. We don’t need to feel sorry for them or coddle them. Just treat them like anyone else. They really are no different than us.

MY NAME IS ROSE - NICE STORY

"MY NAME IS ROSE - NICE STORY"

The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being.

She said, "Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old.

Can I give you a hug?" I laughed and enthusiastically responded, "Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze.

"Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked.

She jokingly replied, "I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, have a couple of children, and then retire and travel."

"No seriously," I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.

"I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!" she told me.

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake. We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this "time machine" as she shared her wisdom and experience with me.

Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went. She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.

At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor.

Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said "I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know."

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began:

"We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.

There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success.

"You have to laugh and find humor every day.
"You've got to have a dream.

When you lose your dreams, you die.

We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it!"

"There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight. Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability."

She continued: "The idea is to grow up by always finding the opportunity in change." "Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets."

She concluded her speech by courageously singing "The Rose."

She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives.

At the years end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago.

One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.
Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

If you read this, please send this peaceful word of advice to your friends and family, they'll really enjoy it! We send these words in loving memory of ROSE

Remember,

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

A Touchy One !!!!!!!!!!!!

A Touchy One !!!!!!!!!!!!

Derick:

I guess we are the left-overs in this world.

Lily:
I think so...all of my friends have boyfriends, and we are the only the 2 people left in this world without any special person in our lives.

Derick:
Yup, I don't know what to do.

Lily:
I know! We'll play a game.

Derick:
What game?

Lily:
I'll be your girlfriend for 30 days
and you will be my boyfriend.

Derick:
That's a great plan, in fact, I don't have anything to do
much for the following few weeks.

DAY 1:
They watch their first movie
and they both are touched by the romantic film.

DAY 4:
They went go to the beach and have a picnic. Derick and Lily have their quality time together.

DAY 12:
Derick invited Lily to a circus and they ride through a Horror House.
Lily was scared and she thought she touched Derick's hand but she actually touched someone else's hand they both laughed.

DAY 15:
They saw a fortune teller down the road, and they asked for their future advice.
The fortune teller said:
"My darlings, please don't waste the time of your life, spend the rest of your time together, happily." Then tears flowed out from the teller's eyes.

DAY 20:
Lily invited Derick to go to the hill
and they saw a meteor; Lily mumbled something.

DAY 28:
They sat on the bus, and because of a bumpy road Lily gave her first kiss to Derick by accident.

DAY 29:
11:37 pm:
Lily and Derick sat in the park where they first decided to play this game.

Derick:
I'm tired Lily...Do you want anything to drink? I'll buy you one...I'll just go down the road.

Lily:
An Apple Juice, that's all. Thank you.

Derick:
Wait for me.

20 minutes later
A stranger approached Lily

Stranger:
Are you a friend of Derick?

Lily:
Yes, why? What happened?

Stranger:
A reckless drunk driver ran over Derick, and he is in critical condition in the hospital.

11:57 pm:
The doctor walked out of the emergency room; he handed Lily an apple juice and a letter.

Doctor:
We found this in Derick's pocket.

Lily reads the letter and it says:
Lily, These past few weeks, I realized you are a really cute girl, and I am really falling for you-your cherished smile, your everything when we played this game. Before this game ends, I would like you to be my girlfriend for the rest of my life.
I love you, Lily.

Lily crumpled up the paper and shouted:

"Derick! I don't want you to die-
I love you; remember that night when we saw a meteor and I mumbled something. I mumbled that I wish we would be together forever and that we would never have to end this game. Please don't leave me Derick .. I love you! You can't do this to me!"

Then the clock strikes 12...

Derick's heart stopped pumping...

It was the 30th day.

What Matters the Most...............

What Matters the Most...............

Several years ago at the Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash. At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win.

All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. Then they all turned around and went back; every one of them.

One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said: "This will make it better." Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes.

People who were there are still telling the story. Why? Because deep down we know this one thing:

What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course.

This is to remind you to never forget what really matters, and often times we need people who are less advantaged than we are (whether physically, mentally or materially) to show us a truer path. So let’s keep our eyes always open

The Three Trees

The Three Trees..........

Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said, "Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."

Then the second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull."

Finally the third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest.

People will see me on top of the Hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me."

After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter," and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.

At the second tree, the woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree. I should be able to sell it to the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.

When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true. One of the Woodsmen said, "I don't need anything special from my tree, I'll take this one," and he cut it down.

When the first tree arrived at the carpenter, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for.

The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end.

The third tree was cut into large pieces, and left alone in the dark.

The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams.

Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree. The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do. The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time.

Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and went to sleep. While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and He stood and said "Peace" and the storm stopped. At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings in its boat.

Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it. When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill. When Sunday came, the tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.

The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in him, God will give you great gifts.

Each of the trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined.

We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.

love_gundu22

MP Guru
My Passion, My Life

My Passion, My Life​

Every morning I excitedly get out of bed. Just a few minutes of goals and visions for the day swirl in my head. No lingering for me, no alarm, no wishful notes too. Just me in my night gown with no hat.

I sit down to enter my dreams and what can notes. In my journal entries that began long ago with a tiny book and its lock and key. I used to dwell on all the icky things back then but now I write God with my cheers and glees instead.

I remember the days I knew not whether I was going to live or die. I also never thought I'd see why cancer came by. I'm glad I had cancer because today I like the who I've become. Which would have never occurred had it not appeared.

If I dwell, I can remember the day of an accident that left me in a wheel chair for years. Because I know if I do, today there will be a lot of have nots and heart of tears too.

As a coach I've been trained to be in the present moment with me. Thank goodness for apple trees. For if it had not been for growing things fresh air would not have been. And I would not be able to enjoy breathing it all in.

Next I write wisdom, only wisdom that I can share. I know that someone will be here and be inspired because I'd cared. I travel through my day with a soul of glee. Knowing, really knowing, this is the right place for me to be. The excitement occurs when I pick up my pen and get the surprise of how far its all come.

I know there were days long ago when I dreaded my day. I'm glad, I'm glad, there aren't none of them anymore. For when their inklings first appear, I now have the training and support to make them disappear. Coaching made me work so that I can appear.

When I crawl under the covers at night, I smile with prayer at the difference I made in everyone's life this day. Just because I was there. Before I drift off to sleep my sugar plums swirl with what next I can do with my pen. I nod off to sleep, gracefully and slow, lingering on the stories yet to be told.

Occasionally there is a 2 am up. Just because what was swirling before needs to be said. So I honor the time with my pen and then its back to la-la-land I go. I'm so glad of my passion, my life. Its allows everything to be said. After my last eye lid shutter, my last thought is tomorrow's putter.

:SugarwareZ-064:
About the author
Catherine Franz, a Business Coach, specializes in writing, marketing and product development. Newsletters and additional articles: http://www.abundancecenter.com blog: http://abundance.blogs.com

A Man & A Monkey

A Man & A Monkey....

Once upon a time, a man was passing through a jungle. He saw a monkey and was attracted to it.He called the monkey and to his surprise, the monkey came near him.

The man told the monkey that it was his ancestor and so they should cultivate friendship.With different kinds of gestures, he was able to establish friendship with it.

The man was just trying to kill time using the monkey as company while crossing the jungle.

Suddenly unexpectedly, a lion roared fiercely and pounced in front of them. They scarcely had time to escape. The monkey ran and the man followed suit. They found a very huge tree and soon climbed it. Though they were breathless, they did not stop until they climbed to a safe height.

The lion continued to prowl here and there, hoping to catch them when they climbed down. The lion was angry and hungry and awaiting his prey finally sat down under the tree.

The man was clinging to one of the strong branches, while the monkey was sitting on a branch with ease, as if nothing had happened.

After a prolonged wait, the lion lost patience and proposed to let one of them go scot-free if the other was offered to him as 'food'.

The man and the monkey consulted each other. They even offered to sacrifice their lives for each other, but ultimately concluded that they would live and die together.

The lion was disappointed, but not dissuaded. He continued his vigil. Nevertheless, the wait on the tree proved a testing time for both the monkey and the man.

They were feeling drowsy. They were both faced with the danger of falling down while dozing on the tree. Ultimately they decided to take turns to sleep.

The monkey would sit wide-awake while the man slept and the man would keep vigil while the monkey had his share of sleep.

As decided, it was the man's turn to sleep first, while the monkey kept guard. The monkey slept in the other half of the night, while the man held fort.

When the monkey was fast asleep, the man started contemplating. He thought that if he pushed away the sleeping monkey, the lion, as promised, would allow him to go scot-free.

Immediately, he translated his thoughts into action. The monkey was in deep slumber. The man pushed him down.

As the monkey was accustomed to such things, he immediately caught hold of the branches halfway and was back to his place in a moment.

Without uttering a single word, he went back to sleep as if nothing had happened. In the morning, the monkey led the man to safety. The lion was still on prowl under the tree.

When they reached at the safer place, the monkey made a special request to the man. "Please do not allege that monkeys are ancestors of mankind."

Conclusion:

Man without humanity is inferior to animals.

love_gundu22

MP Guru
Mirror, Mirror -- What Do I See?

Mirror, Mirror -- What Do I See?
"A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror."-Ken Keys

Mirrors have a very particular function. They reflect the image in front of them. Just as a physical mirror serves as the vehicle to reflection, so do all of the people in our lives.

When we see something beautiful such as a flower garden, that garden serves as a reflection. In order to see the beauty in front of us, we must be able to see the beauty inside of ourselves. When we love someone, it's a reflection of loving ourselves. We have often heard things like "I love how I am when I'm with that person." That simply translates into I'm able to love me when I love that other person. Oftentimes, when we meet someone new, we feel as though we 'click' ? sometimes it's as if we've known each other for a long time. That feeling can come from sharing similarities ? i.e. personality, background, history, character traits, etc. We are comfortable because part of ourselves is being reflected.

Just as the 'mirror' or other person can be a positive reflection, it is more likely that we'll notice it when it has a negative connotation. For example, it's easy to remember times when we have met someone we're not particularly crazy about. We may have some criticism in our mind about the person. This is especially true when we get to know someone with whom we would rather spend less time ? as opposed to more.

Frequently, when we dislike qualities in other people, ironically, it's usually the mirror that's speaking to us. Example: Several years ago, I joined a friend who had invited several other friends as well. One woman, 'Laura' continuously dominated the conversation. Each time someone tried to interject a thought or start a different thread, Laura always brought it back to her story. It was particularly annoying as I felt there was little opportunity to get to know the other people because Laura consistently put the attention back onto herself. It wasn't until several weeks had passed that I questioned and couldn't understand why was I so disturbed by Laura's behavior as I didn't have to be friends or spend more time with her. Finally, it hit me! When I was REALLY honest with myself, I saw aspects of those same traits in me. I realized that the reason we met was for me to hold up the 'mirror' and see myself behaving in an unfavorable manner.

So I began questioning myself further each time I encountered someone that I didn't particularly like. Each time, I asked myself "What is it about that person that I don't like?" And then "Is there something similar in me?' In every instance, and sometimes I had to really get very introspective, I could see a piece of that quality in me. So what did that mean?

It means that just as I can get annoyed or disturbed when I notice that aspect in someone else, I better re-examine my qualities and consider making some changes. Even if I'm not willing to make a drastic change, at least I consider how I might modify some of the things that I'm doing.

At times we meet someone new and feel distant, disconnected, or disgusted. Although we don't want to believe it ? and it's not easy or desirable to look further ? it can be a great learning lesson to figure out what part of the person is being reflected in you. It's simply just another way to create more self-awareness.

INVITATION TO EXPERIMENT:As you encounter people, see if you can figure out what part of you is being reflected. If you notice negative qualities, see if you are willing to look carefully at that part of you. It's an opportunity for you to make a change for the better. At first, it may seem as though there's no connection. Upon further introspection and giving it some time, you may just figure it out.

:SugarwareZ-064:

About the author
Marion Franklin - is a Professional Certified Life Coach who coaches individuals and groups regarding personal and professional change, focus, human relations, and conflict management. Marion has coached managers at major corporations including PepsiCo, Toys'R'Us, and Reader's Digest. She conducts and help clients design workshops and presentations, has been a featured presenter at meetings, retreats, and an ongoing Women's Workshop Series, has been cited in The Journal News and The Wall Street Journal, and has appeared on local Cable Television.http://www.lifecoachinggroup.com

Last edited:

love_gundu22

MP Guru
Little things

Little things​

Sometimes peoples do really small things that make a really big difference. They're not any different from other teenagers and they're not hell-bent on improving people’s lives, they just do without realizing it.

On my birthday last year I was having a pretty bummed-out day. I felt out of place and ignored... until I saw my friend Kayla in the hall. She made me feel better a number of times that day but the one that sticks in my mind the most is when she screamed "BIRTHDAY HUG!!!" and hugged me tight, spun me around and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I doubt she even remembers it anymore but I won’t forget.

Later that year, my best friend was really upset about some tough things going on at home. Not even I could cheer her up. Well Kayla walked right over and within a minute had her smiling again, so that you could tell she was really feeling better. It was pretty inspiring to watch.

My friend Andrew also has really helped me out. We were talking in the hall one day and he said that I looked evil but I was really good on the inside. Hearing him say that really struck me, to know that I was actually thought of that way. It’s funny though, because at the time I believe he thought I had somehow taken offense to it. Quite the contrary, what he said kept me feeling good for the rest of the week.

:tea:

The Teddy.........

The Teddy...............

After a car accident put me into the hospital, I felt very angry about a lot of the way my life was turning out. The doctors repaired the major damage done to my body. And after all, the car was just that, a car. But I was laying there feeling pretty sorry for myself. I didn't care to see anyone or talk to anyone.

I had been there about a week, the nurses had been good about leaving my door closed. But one bright morning I was awakened by sounds of people out in the hallway.

Since I was still feeling sorry for myself, I didn't wake up in a pleasant mood. As I pushed the button to call the nurse, I saw a little boy in the hallway. A cast completely covered his arm, from fingers to shoulder. His face was covered with a smile. In his other hand he was holding a teddy bear.

I heard his mother telling him to sit and wait until she was done. He looked over to me and I had the permanent scowl on my face, but he smiled at me. Then without warning he came running into my room. As I was silently cursing the nurses for leaving my door open, the smile upon his face widened.

He came right up next to my bed and stood there smiling at me. Then with his good arm he held out his big brown teddy bear. It was missing an eye but I had to admit it was cute. I layed there and stared at him for the longest time. Not knowing what he was wanting from me.

He said, "This is Teddy. He's still sick. He needs to stay here. Could you keep him here till he gets better?"

I reached out and took Teddy from his hand. I promised I would take care of Teddy until the time he got better. I also promised to keep him from harm afterwards.

Just then the little boy's mother called to him. He looked back at me and said, "Bye mister, bye Teddy" and ran out of the room. His mother smiled down at him and the nurse wheeled him away. I sat there hugging Teddy for the longest time. The nurse responded to my call just in time to catch the tears rolling down my cheeks and the biggest smile on my face.

I will never forget what that little boy gave to me that day. It was so much more than a well loved, one eyed teddy bear. I have kept my promises to that little boy too.

I have kept Teddy close to me ever since that day in the hospital room, and I have kept that little boy close to my heart. Just recently I sent Teddy to the most special person in my life.

She has the most incredible love. I will join her soon and we will keep Teddy for the rest of our lives. Teddy will always be very well loved.

Lesson to learn from this Heart touching Story:

Thanks GOD, he had given very Beautiful life,We should thank him for all gift and life give to us, He gives us Good Parents,Friends,Neighbours,Beautiful World and We should thank GOD

He make us so special and he always like to see us happy and remember him not only in sadness but also happiness, People forget him when they are happy and they will not have Fear of GOD.

When they get pain and suffering then only they remember GOD So always have fear of GOD in your heart and mind always thank God for gift of life he give to all of you and remember him always in happiness and sadness

Be Positive; it Helps to Succeed.........

Be Positive; it Helps to Succeed.........

Succeeding in life requires having a well thought out strategy.

"Positive thinking and having the belief that you can succeed is a powerful strategy on its own," says Mitesh Tyagi, a software consultant with TCS. That's why it is vital to recognise the psyche of a winner, as well as know the things one can do to become a positive thinker.

Why it helps

Your attitude is more important than your aptitude in determining your success in life! Just how critical is it to achievement? Well, take the example of one of the greatest inventors - Thomas Edison. Edison tried 10,000 times to get his light bulb invention to work, but failed each time. However, he had this to say about his lack of success. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

There is another old story about a big shoe company that wanted to expand its sales into Africa. It sent one salesman to East Africa and a second to West Africa. The first salesman reported back, "Forget doing business here, no one wears shoes."

The second salesman reported back, "This is a great place to do business, no one wears shoes." These two salesmen were exposed to the same situation and both of them responded differently. Their responses were based on what they already thought and believed about themselves and their abilities.

Positive change

"We all have negative thoughts from time to time, but it's possible to turn your negative thoughts into positive ones," says psychologist Dr Vineeta Sharma. Follow these simple guidelines to become a positive person.

• Identify your negative thoughts. "Consider your excuses for the last idea you rejected," says Dr Sharma. Maybe you thought about asking for a new assignment at work but didn't ask for it because you've never done anything like it before or didn't know if you could handle the extra workload.

• Determine whether the excuses are valid. Are there really obstacles that could block you from achieving your goals, or just excuses based on fear or procrastination?

• Examine your fears. "Maybe your fears are trying to tell you that you are going down the wrong path. Instead of ignoring your fears, analyse them," advises Tyagi.

• Engage in positive "self-talk". "Self-talk refers to the endless stream of thoughts that run through your head every day.

If you weed out misconceptions and irrational thinking and challenge them with rational, positive thoughts, your self-talk will slowly become realistic and self-affirming and you will start becoming an optimist," says Dr Sharma.

• Focus on what you are good at and don't kill yourself on the rest. "For example, if you are not good at computers, focus instead on what you do have to offer to your team, such as excellent speaking skills and a great client record," advises Tyagi.

• Surround yourself with positives: positive friends, upbeat music, happy thoughts, and your favourite memories. Call your friends every once in a while and get together to have fun.

• Nobody's perfect. "Remember that failing is okay too, as long as you can pick yourself back up and learn from the experience," says Tyagi.

• Think of ways to overcome your obstacles. "Supposing you don't have the experience to take on a project. Maybe you could share the project with someone who does, so that you could 'learn the ropes'," suggests Tyagi.

• Try again. "Approach the situation which was bothering you once again, and try to tackle it with a renewed positive mind-set this time," advises Dr. Sharma.

Life is what you make it out to be. If you are plagued with persistent negative thoughts towards life, try to replace this mindset with a new positive one.

Having positive thoughts will improve your quality of life and work, so it is essential that you start thinking in a positive manner right away. And this, in fact, is easier done than said!

Famous people on optimism...

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"
— George Bernard Shaw

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
— Mark Twain

My sun sets to rise again.
— Robert Browning

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
— Hugh Downs

Very Touching...........Story

Very Touching.........Story

Note: You may want to put this one aside until you have a few minutes to
read it, but it is well worth the time.

Always believe in MIRACLES!! Three years ago, a little boy and his
grandmother came to see Santa at Mayfair Mall in Wisconsin. The child
climbed up on his lap, holding a picture of a little girl.

"Who is this?" asked Santa, smiling. "Your friend? Your sister?"

"Yes, Santa," he replied. "My sister, Sarah, who is very sick," he said
sadly.

Santa glanced over at the grandmother who was waiting nearby, and saw her
dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

"She wanted to come with me to see you, oh, so very much, Santa!"
the child exclaimed. "She misses you," he added softly.

Santa tried to be cheerful and encouraged a smile to the boy's face, asking
him what he wanted Santa to bring him for Christmas.

When they finished their visit, the Grandmother came over to help the child
off his lap, and started to say something to Santa, but halted.

"What is it?" Santa asked warmly.

"Well, I know it's really too much to ask you, Santa, but .." the old woman
began, shooing her grandson over to one of Santa's elves to collect the
little gift which Santa gave all his young visitors. "The girl in the
photograph.. . my granddaughter well, you see . she has leukemia and isn't
expected to make it even through the holidays," she said through tear-filled
eyes. "Is there any way, Santa . any possible way that you could come see
Sarah? That's all she's asked for, for Christmas, is to see Santa."

Santa blinked and swallowed hard and told the woman to leave information
with his elves as to where Sarah was, and he would see what he could do.
Santa thought of little else the rest of that afternoon. He knew what he had
to do. "What if it were MY child lying in that hospital bed, dying," he
thought with a sinking heart, "this is the least I can do."

When Santa finished visiting with all the boys and girls that evening, he
retrieved from his helper the name of the hospital where Sarah was staying.
He asked the assistant location manager how to get to Children's Hospital.

"Why?" Rick asked, with a puzzled look on his face.

Santa relayed to him the conversation with Sarah's grandmother earlier that
day. "C'mon.... I'll take you there," Rick said softly.

Rick drove them to the hospital and came inside with Santa. They found out
which room Sarah was in. A pale Rick said he would wait out in the hall.

Santa quietly peeked into the room through the half-closed door and saw
little Sarah on the bed. The room was full of what appeared to be her family
there was the Grandmother and the girl's brother he had met earlier that
day. A woman whom he guessed was Sarah's mother stood by the bed, gently
pushing Sarah's thin hair off her forehead. And another woman who he
discovered later was Sarah's aunt, sat in a chair near the bed with weary,
sad look on her face. They were talking quietly, and Santa could sense the
warmth and closeness of the family, and their love and concern for Sarah.
Taking a deep breath, and forcing a smile on his face, Santa entered the
room, bellowing a hearty, "Ho, ho, ho!"

"Santa!" shrieked little Sarah weakly, as she tried to escape her bed to run
to him, IVtubes in tact. Santa rushed to her side and gave her a warm hug. A
child the tender age of his own son -- 9 years old -- gazed up at him with
wonder and excitement. Her skin was pale and her short tresses bore telltale
bald patches from the effects of chemotherapy. But all he saw when he looked
at her was a pair of huge, blue eyes. His heart melted, and he had to force
himself to choke back tears. Though his eyes were riveted upon Sarah's face,
he could hear the gasps and quiet sobbing of the women in the room.

As he and Sarah began talking, the family crept quietly to the bedside one
by one, squeezing Santa's shoulder or his hand gratefully, whispering "thank
you" as they gazed sincerely at him with shining eyes. Santa and Sarah
talked and talked, and she told him excitedly all the toys she wanted for
Christmas, assuring him she'd been a very good girl that year. As their time
together dwindled, Santa felt led in his spirit to pray for Sarah, and asked
for permission from the girl's mother. She nodded in agreement and the
entire family circled around Sarah's bed, holding hands. Santa looked
intensely at Sarah and asked her if she believed in angels.

"Oh, yes, Santa... I do!" she exclaimed.

"Well, I'm going to ask that angels watch over you, "he said.
Laying one hand on the child's head, Santa closed his eyes and prayed. He
asked that God touch little Sarah, and heal her body from this disease. He
asked that angels minister to her, watch and keep her. And when he finished
praying, still with eyes closed, he started singing softly, "Silent Night,
Holy Night.... all is calm, all is bright." The family joined in, still
holding hands, smiling at Sarah, and crying tears of hope, tears of joy for
this moment, as Sarah beamed at them all. When the song ended, Santa sat on
the side of the bed again and held Sarah's frail, small hands in his own.

"Now, Sarah, "he said authoritatively, "you have a job to do, and that is to
concentrate on getting well. I want you to have fun playing with your
friends this summer, and I expect to see you at my house at Mayfair Mall
this time next year!" He knew it was risky proclaiming that, to this little
girl who had terminal cancer, but he "had" to. He had to give her the
greatest gift he could -- not dolls or games or toys -- but the gift of HOPE

"Yes, Santa! "Sarah exclaimed, her eyes bright.

He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead and left the room.
Out in the hall, the minute Santa's eyes met Rick's, a look passed between
them and they wept unashamed. Sarah's mother and grandmother slipped out of
the room quicklyand rushed to Santa's side to thank him.

"My only child is the same age as Sarah," he explained quietly.
"This is the least I could do." They nodded with understanding and hugged
him.

One year later, Santa Mark was again back on the set in Milwaukee for his
six-week, seasonal job which he so loves to do. Several weeks went by and
then one day a child came up to sit on his lap.
"Hi, Santa! Remember me?!"

"Of course, I do," Santa proclaimed (as he always does), smiling down at her

After all, the secret to being a "good" Santa is to always make each child
feel as if they are the "only" child in the world at that moment.

"You came to see me in the hospital last year!" Santa's jaw dropped.

Tears immediately sprang in his eyes, and he grabbed this little miracle and
held her to his chest. "Sarah!" he exclaimed. He scarcely recognized her,for
her hair was long and silky and her cheeks were rosy -- much different from
the little girl he had visited just a year before. He looked over and saw
Sarah's mother and grandmother in the sidelines smiling and waving and
wiping their eyes.

That was the best Christmas ever for Santa Claus. He had witnessed
--and been blessed to be instrumental in bringing about -- this miracle of
hope.

This precious little child was healed. Cancer-free. Alive and well. He
silently looked up to Heaven and humbly whispered, "Thank you, Father. 'Tis
a very, Merry Christmas!

A Teacher's Lesson.............

A Teacher's Lesson.............

There is a story many years ago of an elementary teacher. Her name was Mrs. Thompson. And as she stood in front of her 5th grade class on the very first day of school, she told the children a lie. Like most teachers, she looked at her students and said that she loved them all the same.
But that was impossible, because there in the front row, slumped in his seat, was a little boy named Teddy Stoddard. Mrs. Thompson had watched Teddy the year before and noticed that he didn't play well with the other children, that his clothes were messy and that he constantly needed a bath. And Teddy could be unpleasant. It got to the point where Mrs. Thompson would actually take delight in marking his papers with a broad red pen, making bold X's and then putting a big "F" at the top of his papers.

At the school where Mrs. Thompson taught, she was required to review each child's past records and she put Teddy's off until last. However, when she reviewed his file, she was in for a surprise.

Teddy's first grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is a bright child with a ready laugh. He does his work neatly and has good manners...he is a joy to be around."

His second grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is an excellent student, well liked by his classmates, but he is troubled because his mother has a terminal illness and life at home must be a struggle."

His third grade teacher wrote, "His mother's death has been hard on him. He tries to do his best but his father doesn't show much interest and his home life will soon affect him if some steps aren't taken."

Teddy's fourth grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is withdrawn and doesn't show much interest in school. He doesn't have many friends and sometimes sleeps in class."

By now, Mrs. Thompson realized the problem and she was ashamed of herself. She felt even worse when her students brought her Christmas presents, wrapped in beautiful ribbons and bright paper, except for Teddy's. His present which was clumsily wrapped in the heavy, brown paper that he got from a grocery bag.

Mrs. Thompson took pains to open it in the middle of the other presents. Some of the children started to laugh when she found a rhinestone bracelet with some of the stones missing, and a bottle that was one quarter full of perfume. But she stifled the children's laughter when she exclaimed how pretty the bracelet was, putting it on, and dabbing some of the perfume on her wrist.

Teddy Stoddard stayed after school that day just long enough to say, "Mrs. Thompson, today you smelled just like my Mom used to." After the children left she cried for at least an hour. On that very day, she quit teaching reading, and writing, and arithmetic. Instead, she began to teach children..

Mrs. Thompson paid particular attention to Teddy. As she worked with him, his mind seemed to come alive. The more she encouraged him, the faster he responded. By the end of the year, Teddy had become one of the smartest children in the class and, despite her lie that she would love all the children the same, Teddy became one her "teacher's pets."

A year later, she found a note under her door, from Teddy, telling her that she was still the best teacher he ever had in his whole life. Six years went by before she got another note from Teddy. He then wrote that he had finished high school, third in his class, and she was still the best teacher he ever had in his whole life.

Four years after that, she got another letter, saying that while things had been tough at times, he'd stayed in school, had stuck with it, and would soon graduate from college with the highest of honors. He assured Mrs. Thompson that she was still the best and favorite teacher he ever had in his whole life.

Then four more years passed and yet another letter came.. This time he explained that after he got his bachelor's degree, he decided to go a little further. The letter explained that she was still the best and favorite teacher he ever had. But now his name was a little longer -- the letter was signed, Theodore F. Stoddard, M.D.

The story doesn't end there. You see, there was yet another letter that spring. Teddy said he'd met this girl and was going to be married. He explained that his father had died a couple of years ago and he was wondering if Mrs. Thompson might agree to sit in the place at the wedding that was usually reserved for the mother of the groom. Of course, Mrs. Thompson did. And guess what? She wore that bracelet, the one with several rhinestones missing. And she made sure she was wearing the perfume that Teddy remembered his mother wearing on their last Christmas together.

They hugged each, and Dr. Stoddard whispered in Mrs. Thompson's ear, "Thank you Mrs. Thompson for believing in me. Thank you so much for making me feel important and showing me that I could make a difference."

Mrs. Thompson, with tears in her eyes, whispered back. She said, "Teddy, you have it all wrong. You were the one who taught me that I could make a difference. I didn't know how to teach until I met you."

The Waldorf-Astoria Story..........

The Waldorf-Astoria Story..........

One stormy night many years ago, an elderly man and his wife entered the lobby of a small hotel in Philadelphia. Trying to get out of the rain, the couple approached the front desk hoping to get some shelter for the night.

"Could you possibly give us a room here?" the husband asked. The clerk, a friendly man with a winning smile, looked at the couple and explained that there were three conventions in town.

"All of our rooms are taken," the clerk said. "But I can't send a nice couple like you out in the rain at one o'clock in the morning. Would you perhaps be willing to sleep in my room? It's not exactly a suite, but it will be good enough to make you folks comfortable for the night."

When the couple declined, the young man pressed on. "Don't worry about me; I'll make out just fine," the clerk told them. So the couple agreed.

As he paid his bill the next morning, the elderly man said to the clerk, "You are the kind of manager who should be the boss of the best hotel in the United States. Maybe someday I'll build one for you." As they drove away, the elderly couple agreed that the helpful clerk was indeed exceptional, as finding people who are both friendly and helpful isn't easy.

Two years passed. The clerk had almost forgotten the incident when he received a letter from the old man. It recalled that stormy night and enclosed a round-trip ticket to New York, asking the young man to pay them a visit.

The old man met him in New York, and led him to the corner of Fifth Avenue and 34th Street. He then pointed to a great new building there, a palace of reddish stone, with turrets and watchtowers thrusting up to the sky.

"That," said the older man, "is the hotel I have just built for you to manage."

"You must be joking," the young man said.

"I can assure you that I am not," said the older man, a sly smile playing around his mouth.

The old man's name was William Waldorf Astor, and the magnificent structure was the original Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The young clerk who became its first manager was George C. Boldt.

This young clerk never foresaw the turn of events that would lead him to become the manager of one of the world's most glamorous hotels. The Bible says that we are not to turn our backs on those who are in need, for we might be entertaining angels.

Unconditional Love - motivating story

Unconditional Love - Motivating story......

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home from the war. He called his parents from San Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

Dream Catcher.........

Dream Catcher.........

dreamcatcherlgnwmbl9.gif

On the wall above my bed there are two very beautiful dream catchers that my wife bought. They are red and brown willow hoops decorated with feathers, horse hair, and beads. They have a wonderfully delicate, spider web design in the middle of them. At the very center of the web in the very middle of the dream catcher there is a round hole. The Native American Lakota Tribe believes that the dream catchers represent the web of life. Their people believe that hanging them above your bed or in your house will sift your dreams and visions. The good in your dreams will be caught in the web and carried with you, but the evil in your dreams will pass through the hole and no longer be a part of your life.

I enjoy looking at these lovely dream catchers, because they always remind me of what I want to do in my own life. I want to catch only the good within myself. I want to capture only the highest, wisest, best, most loving, most giving, and most joyous part of myself and let the rest fade away. I want to become the person that God meant for me to be and live the way that God meant for me to live. I want to become a wonderful part of the web of life and share only love and joy with others and the world.

The glorious truth is that you, I, and everyone else in this world can do this too. God loves us all so much and God gives us the strength and ability to become our highest selves. We can choose to be the person God meant for us to be. We can fill ourselves with love, joy, and light and then share them with the world. We can capture the angel within and allow the worst parts of ourselves to fade away. We can live as a true Child of God sending smiles, giving love, offering joy, scattering sunshine, and creating laughter wherever we go. We can catch the dream of the person we always wanted to be and make it a reality.