See if you can answer this, prove how witty you R

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
READ CAREFULLY!!!

Assume that I am dead and presented before god.
as soon as god sees me he says "no consideration, go straight to hell"
I plead and plead .... then at last he says well .... you've done some good also ..... therefore I shall put you to test.
Going to heaven or hell depens solely on your brains.

(now guys you have to help me get to the right place ... which is NOT hell)

he (god) takes me to this one place where there are two people standing
behind each of them there is one door.
One of the door leads to heaven the other to hell.
amongst the two standing there, one is a liar ... who always lies, nomatter what.
the other is an honest person, he'll always tell the truth.
Now we dont know who is the lier and who is honest, nor do we know which door is the right one.

I have to ask only one question, and that should be it.
for (eg) if I ask which door leads to heaven?
in this case both would point to opposite directions. So my question isnt right.

d:
ok if you want I'll give you a hint:
your question should be such that both point to the same door.

A.J.

Maverick
You should ask any one of the guys the following question:
"If I go and ask the other guy, 'WHICH IS THE GATE TO HEAVEN?' which gate would he show?".

Then you can go to exactly the opposite gate indicated by the person. :aj:

Let the persons, who always lies and the one who always speaks the truth, be A and B respectively.

Now A will lie (as he always lies) to you that B would show the incorrect gate. So the man chooses the opposite one.

B will know that A always lies, and hence would point to the gate which does not lead to heaven.
Again, you choose the opposite one.

Puzzle solved! :aj:

A.J.

Maverick
You edited your post just in the nick of time, Vishal. :aj1:

I was about to b1tchslap you for that stupid answer :tongue: :aj1: :aj:

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well, if GOD is still present thr... whn he gets tht person on the spot 2 test him....

he can ask ne 1 of the 2 guys ...this Q

" Is he god( this person who is being testd knws tht thr is god next 2 him)

so if the person is lier...thn he wil say..no..tht he isnt god and vice versa... here thn one can detect whoz the lier n whoz honest n thn the door ...is thr...

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A.J. said:
Y

B will know that A always lies, and hence would point to the gate which does not lead to heaven.
Again, you choose the opposite one.

Puzzle solved! :aj:

B in ur terms is the person who says...Truthand hence he wont lie tht the other door is heaven n nt the one in front of him

A.J.

Maverick
vishal_1986 said:
well, if GOD is still present thr... whn he gets tht person on the spot 2 test him....

he can ask ne 1 of the 2 guys ...this Q

" Is he god( this person who is being testd knws tht thr is god next 2 him)

so if the person is lier...thn he wil say..no..tht he isnt god and vice versa... here thn one can detect whoz the lier n whoz honest n thn the door ...is thr...

He can only ask ONE question.
So how does he know which door leads to heaven after asking this question??
Sheesh!!

:aj:

A.J.

Maverick
vishal_1986 said:
B in ur terms is the person who says...Truthand hence he wont lie tht the other door is heaven n nt the one in front of him

Dude, you're not always this thick.......come on now!! :aj1:

Read the question again; I'm asking him where the other guy would point.
Since B always speaks the truth, he knows that the other guy will lie and point to the door to hell.

Jeez, I thought it was simple. Apparently not for some :aj:

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A.J. said:
Dude, you're not always this thick.......come on now!! :aj1:

Read the question again; I'm asking him where the other guy would point.
Since B always speaks the truth, he knows that the other guy will lie and point to the door to hell.

Jeez, I thought it was simple. Apparently not for some :aj:

boss...u cnt assume A and B as liers and truth speaker... u just dnt knw who is the lier - honest person...n its mentioned...u just hv 2 ask one Q...

well as u mentiond previously tht how can i ask only 1 Q... obv whn i ask...Who is god.. 2 ne1 of the 2.... if the one say ..no he isnt god...hes a lier...coz i knw tht he is god...n hence the other person says the truth n so can ask him the door 2 heaven

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
both are wrong read d question properly ......1. u can ask only one question and u cant assume whch one is lier n whch one isnt

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
rohit_pn said:
both are wrong read d question properly ......1. u can ask only one question and u cant assume whch one is lier n whch one isnt
In my view u need to have closer look buddy...

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well..its an old one..(its asked at the interviews). I know the answer..so i will just Can't Talk for the moment.....
Ok lemme give hint since its quite a toughie..
remember guys..FALSE * FALSE = TRUE

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
common guys i expect a lot from u all .....84 views n no correct answer yet ....................still waiting for d correct answer....
MP rulz

too cute

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
AJ's ans (d 1 ques) is right
he jus dint explain d whole thing properly

i think this is wat he(AJ) meant

ques- Which would the other person say is Heaven?

The Angel would tell the truth and point to Hell, because the Devil would lie and say that was Heaven. The Devil would point to Hell, because the Angel would point to Heaven and the devil has to lie about the response of the Angel. So YOU go to the one neither of them said i.e. HEAVEN

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yea AJ was rite ....sorry i dint read tat properly
JUST TO MAKE IT EASIER----

Ask any person on the door "Which door will the other person point if I ask him for the door to hell?" The door which will pointed by either of two doorkeepers who will be asked the question is the door to Heaven.

STILL more simpler-----

What will the Lier say..if asked "what door will the other person point (honest) if asked for door to hell"

His answer will be : Pointing towards heaven. (Coz honest person will point to the right door to hell..but since the person who the question is being asked is a liar..he will point to HEAVEN)

Now..

What will the Honest person say..if asked "what door will the other person point (Liar) if asked for door to hell"

His answer will be : Pointing towards heaven. (Coz Liar will point to the wrong door to hell....i.e to heaven. But since the person who the question is being asked is honest..he will point to what actually the liar will point...which is HEAVEN)

so..since both the answers point to Heaven....no matter where any person points...it will be the way to Heaven...

A.J.

Maverick
vishal_1986 said:
boss...u cnt assume A and B as liers and truth speaker... u just dnt knw who is the lier - honest person...n its mentioned...u just hv 2 ask one Q...

I'm not assuming anything. The names "A" and "B" are just for the sake of nomenclature. :aj:

vishal_1986 said:
well as u mentiond previously tht how can i ask only 1 Q... obv whn i ask...Who is god.. 2 ne1 of the 2.... if the one say ..no he isnt god...hes a lier...coz i knw tht he is god...n hence the other person says the truth n so can ask him the door 2 heaven

Dude, if you ask them "Is he God/Who is God/whatever?", you've exhausted your available question.

Then you CAN NOT ask anything else. :aj:

Last edited:
ya, vishal's e.g. of god is more appropriate acco. to me.
u should ask one Q. to both of them - is like that - whose answer is known to u very well, sure & confident.
Then, u can identify who is lier & who is telling truth.
so, u also can identify the door of heaven & hell also.
thnx.

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
rahul_parab2006 said:
ya, vishal's e.g. of god is more appropriate acco. to me.
u should ask one Q. to both of them - is like that - whose answer is known to u very well, sure & confident.
Then, u can identify who is lier & who is telling truth.
so, u also can identify the door of heaven & hell also.
thnx.

NO rahul u r geting it wrong ....thy arenot gatekeepers the lier guy can stand in front of heavns gate so u just cant get to d correct door by knwing who is lier n who is sayng the truth......and i repeat u just have one question to ask.