• necessary..as it provides a platform for a launch in corporate world

Votes: 39 39.8%
  • doesnt matter..mba or not business mind will prevail

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • not nescessary...mba sucks!!!!!

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

yk_srk

i was crazy about doing an mba, however i nw feel that the things we study in mba course curriculum are just too generlised, and for being a sucessful manager u do not need to have an mba degre...i feel that a regualr degree is gud enuf for getting u campus placements....wat do u say guys....

theking

I do not agree with you my friend, because to my mind there are lots of things which we do not know and we are tought those things, while pursuing MBA. it's ok that you can get campus placement while doing regular course but in private sector, after a perticular stage, you have to have an MBA degree, if you want to get promition. There are some disignations, where only an MBA can work.

yk_srk

thats wat i said...its just a degree which might fecth u a better job, but it doesnt add up to ur knowledge big time...i agree some aspects are definitely taught but the same aspects are learnt over the course of life.....mba or nt ...doesnt matter....and tell me only one single job for which an mba degree is necessary/....

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii
Acco to me experiencing MBA 1st yr and also being in hostel...
Study doesnt matter as its same of BMS. might be BMS 3rd yr is higher in tht case..
Everything u have to do ur own for notes (for me also in Hostel)..

Enjoyable experience and freedome to stay in amazing environment...

But just for the sake of degree and good placement..
bcoz MBA yet has not thought something gr8...
its all repeating for me ..
may be Pune university must be having same thing...

but i think MBA as a degree is necessary so i m doing....

bye

yk_srk

ya.....i guess i have been misinterpreted......wat i meant was...that mba as a degree is necessary...no doubt.....and yes excitemenmt of hostel is too alluring, but the point i wanted to raise is that considering the hype, it doesnt add to the knowledge base.....of a person....

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i was crazy about doing an mba, however i nw feel that the things we study in mba course curriculum are just too generlised, and for being a sucessful manager u do not need to have an mba degre...i feel that a regualr degree is gud enuf for getting u campus placements....wat do u say guys....

Well dude, i think the difference lies in the practical knowledge. With normal Bcom students basically focus on academics by mugging up n in MBA indian students learn to do things on their own n not bymugging up. Also there is also lot of others gains like confidence, attitude polish n we are able to face the crowd better which i count as KNOWLEDGE. Bcoz not only knowledge but proper usage of knowledge is neccessary. MBA is not damn compulsory but it clears the 90% of the way for u...

evil_breed99

the degree to which a person acquires knowledge is based on his/her own self. he shud have th thirst for fetching more knowledge.
About th Mba degree, i think its all a hype .. th industry jus gives you a red carpet treatment if u have a MBA tag.
th selection process in companies shud be properly done without bias. Degrees do count but special preference shouldnt b given only to Mbas.

purush_tiwari

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its better than not doing it . As things are becoming complicated as human are growing & making things more unorganised .

hemant.k008

Well in my openion, i thin doing MBA from the top 10 instituute will definately fetch u a good dynami job. But if u r doing ur MBA form any other Instituse then u should backup ur MBA digree with some other diploma and cirtificate courses. Linke in Finance 1 can go for NCFM Modules of in HR 1 can go for a cirtifiacte course from TISS..Same is the case is with the Marketing..
one need to have some practical experience and sound knowledge abt working effectively in this field.....
Additional Cirtificates wont harm but u will stand out from others...

yk_srk

Well in my openion, i thin doing MBA from the top 10 instituute will definately fetch u a good dynami job. But if u r doing ur MBA form any other Instituse then u should backup ur MBA digree with some other diploma and cirtificate courses. Linke in Finance 1 can go for NCFM Modules of in HR 1 can go for a cirtifiacte course from TISS..Same is the case is with the Marketing..
one need to have some practical experience and sound knowledge abt working effectively in this field.....
Additional Cirtificates wont harm but u will stand out from others...

i would appreciate if the discussion is done within the range of topic...please go through the earlier post.....see ya...

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well folks,u need a MBA Degree to move-up the corporate ladder.The MBA curriculum exposee one to the dispora is issues to be faced or tackled in a high profile positions like CXO's.So the knowledge of MBA will help you at that time.You can gain some handful lessons thru Experience but it can't replace the knowledge of MBA.

-Deepak.

yk_srk

well folks,u need a MBA Degree to move-up the corporate ladder.The MBA curriculum exposee one to the dispora is issues to be faced or tackled in a high profile positions like CXO's.So the knowledge of MBA will help you at that time.You can gain some handful lessons thru Experience but it can't replace the knowledge of MBA.

-Deepak.

agreed......sir....but again....the point u r rasing has already been accepted....the point i want to say is how much is the necessity of an mba degree.....
agreed that u need mba degree to move up in corporate ladder
agreed that it does give u insight into various issues
but the point i want to raise is, does it gives u inspiration and hunch.....

a person hu just reads out notes and just go thru books for 15days before exams can get thru...that is the mba degree is worth 60 days effort of book reading....the one who reads for that much days, will also stand equivaelnt to the one who has been accumulating every bits and tits of information...
may be the differnce is exposed in the interview...but still....at the face of it....they both are same....and it may happen that the one hu havent studies at all....ends up with higher position 10 years down the line.....just dues to his sheer experinces....

and i guess....the horizon of this topic is still nt well undertood.....let me make it more clear by this thing....

is mba necessary for ur own business....and hw does ur own buiness difers from other person,s business for which u might be working after completeing ur mba degree....

tejas15aug

it is necessary for saving time for the activities you dreamed about but somehow not managing to fit it in ur daily schedule and offcourse money which gives you value and financial security to venture and take chances which you believe has probability of success 50-50

tejas15aug

A successful entrepreneur from an MBA school just sounds idealistic. The educational degree that is meant to teach u all the skills to become a successful businessmen takes u as far away as possible from it. People in Indian b-schools are so obsessed with placements that the idea of starting a venture almost seems blasphemous to them.
An MBA just helps you get that famed job in which u will be made to attend hours of meeting where you cannot even recall the agenda of it, banter with people who you wont even be miles near if of free will and talk about anything in length without even having the least cognition of what it is.

yk_srk

A successful entrepreneur from an MBA school just sounds idealistic. The educational degree that is meant to teach u all the skills to become a successful businessmen takes u as far away as possible from it. People in Indian b-schools are so obsessed with placements that the idea of starting a venture almost seems blasphemous to them.
An MBA just helps you get that famed job in which u will be made to attend hours of meeting where you cannot even recall the agenda of it, banter with people who you wont even be miles near if of free will and talk about anything in length without even having the least cognition of what it is.

that was the kinda of reponse i was looking fwd to....wat say buddy...share the thoughts.....let us clear the air haan???????????