HOSTEL LIFE

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HOSTEL LIFE..

IS IT NECESSARY OR IS IT NOT....

SHARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HOSTEL LIFE....!!!!

vcv2k7

hostel life is cool, fun:8:;)
lots of friends infact a colony of friends.
making warden's life hell

sneha111

it is good to stay with frnds. it helps in improving interpersonal skills. most important thing hostel life make u independent.

Sharmajee

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HOSTEL LIFE..

IS IT NECESSARY OR IS IT NOT....

SHARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HOSTEL LIFE....!!!!

Hostel life makes you learn stand on your feet. Hostel is proto type of varied good and bad personalities which we gface in our real life. If you sail there happily you will be successful anywhere in the world.

shy41282

Hostel Life is absolutely necessary in one's life because it teaches one how to stand on one's own feet.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I've not enjoyed hostel life, but I have been to my institutes hostels and made many great friends there.

People come from all over India, have different values and different backgrounds, different language and catch phrases and you get a mixture of all of it there.

I did not know what "Vella" meant, but now I know half of Delhi uses it. Half our college also started using it later on. We had pet names for everyone according to his traits and everyone was comfortable with whats said in the hostel stays in the hostel.

You are away from your family who is willing to do with most of your BS. Your room mate wont take any of that and will tell you the way he sees it. Ofcourse, everything has two sides and there are good chances of you catching up on bad habits with bad company. You may also completely loose your self esteem if you are the one that bears the brunt of all your colleagues. To each, his own !!

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
concept of hostels do excite me a lot...because i have never been to one...
but i feel it should only be after some age that the child should be sent to the hostel...
because during his early years of study life..it is the parents who can guide him properly...nurture him well...etc..but when the parents think that he is ready..he can b sent to a hostel...

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
concept of hostels do excite me a lot...because i have never been to one...
but i feel it should only be after some age that the child should be sent to the hostel...
because during his early years of study life..it is the parents who can guide him properly...nurture him well...etc..but when the parents think that he is ready..he can b sent to a hostel...

I'm really not i favor of the hostel life concept... y does a child need to sent to a hostel atall...when parents have a better educational institute at far of place..is a differnt case.

But i have known sme cases, where parents feel their child will grow up in discipline, learn to be self-reliant.etc at hostels nt otherwise. I think its nt justified.

we live in a society, shud grow up in society. children best learn things under their parents and most importantly under their grand parents guidance.

so i donot support this idea of sending a child to a hostel.

Hostel life has a charm of its own. You may come out the familiar surroundings of your dear ones and enter a new world of strangers, who are experiencing the same dilemmas as you. However some basic etiquettes can make the hostel life a memorable experience. Hostel life is a miniature representation of the society outside..
Moreover hostel life served as a background to groom us for the real life. Many of the hurdles that we faced in the initial stages of hostel life, we started to feel the life heavenly at one stage. However as the yellow leaves swirl down, it is time for us to say good bye to the charming life. We walk down the corridors that had taught us some of the important lessons of social life carrying some nostalgic memories in our mind.

Really miss the hostel Life.. But happy to be with family.

nagaraja

Hostel Life helps to know the realities of life. It also helps to come out of home sick, which is important once u get a job initially.
Even it helps to know the different cultures and people..
By Nagaraj Shetty

rj031086

Rohan Jain
we live in a society, shud grow up in society. children best learn things under their parents and most importantly under their grand parents guidance.

so i donot support this idea of sending a child to a hostel.

I would have agreed with you but the thing you have mentioned is more relevant if somebody asks - whether children should be sent to boarding schools or not.

Hostel life/concept is a bit different. I support hostel life as we meet new people, make new friends, learn a lot of new things from each other. Just as we have people from different work cultures working under one roof in an organization, we have people from different backgrounds living under one roof. (specially like in my hostel where there are students doing CA, CS, MBA, engineering, Bcom, BMS), etc

In real life people do jobs and nobody knows what place they'll be at what time of their lives. Parents may not accompany everytime everywhere. Some people(specially home sick) rely so much on their parents that they fail to take even small decisions about their work/life without their parents.

Hostel life makes us more flexible, independent and gives us exposure to outside world which is very very importantt "Obviously : depends entirely on ourselves how we adopt all these things - good/bad sense".

Would like to share with you people, a short movie 'DOSTI-because we are friends forever' which i once created on my hostel life -

YouTube - DOSTI - Because We Are Friends Forever

Last edited:

indiacore

i have very mixed views about hostel life....on one hand it can be very useful because students can gel with each other better and learn to become more outspoken and also they can be actively involved in all the extra-curricular activities which are a must in every college.......one the other hand they have to stay away from their homes and good food :hungry:

venkatmannem

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yes, this is an environment to adapt and adjust with others..., Independant decision making and learning cross culture is some of the advantages so hostel life is important
by

hiten.bisht

hi i am hiten.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

singhal_amit

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hostel life constitutes one of the most imp phase of one's life coz this phase teaches an individual to understand the world around him/her. He falls many times during this phase which in turn develops his overall personality which is very imp for his future. last but not the least this the most enjoyable part of the life...

janunagdev

my personal experience says that if u don have enough facilities like nice food, cleanliness and better security. u should not go for hostel. but if there is compulsion because of expenses or some monetary than it could be opted provided one must adjust