CRACK TYBMS SEM 5 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
What a great way to start off with Tips to help TYBMS Students CRACK SEM 5 !!

I interviewed Sujit Balakrishnan, one of the toppers of TYBMS who scored a 83 % last year.

Here's how it goes :

.: Kartik Raichura :. says:
beta
tips de fatak se
how did u study for sem 5 ?
mai tera interview daal raha hon on MP

Sujit Balakrishnan says :

i took my prelims very seriously....co\vered almost the entire portion.
whatever was left, i finished it after the prelims.
left nothin for option.
after that, i prepared a timetable wherin i allocated days to study each subject n stuck to it
revised atleast 2 times
thats it

and ... how did you study for SSM .. what sectors are really important.. what should one start with ...

good u as asked...for SSM, Banking, Airlines n Hospital are the most important ones....n if u cover Pest of -3 sectors, u can use it elsewhere

special attentions needs to be paid to prdt, price, process n physicla evidence

place, promotion, people are almost the same....u can learn any one good part n use it for all ur answers with minor changes

which subjects can be done at ease .ne special way of writing the answers ?

dont think there's any special way..I personally feel HRM, SSM, COOP n RM are the easiest subject....Fin n Logistics requires constant practise n then they become easy

ne special way of writing the answers ?

what are the secrets of answering a question you are not sure about ?

Start with the question u r most comfortable with...First impression does matter....for questions that we are not sure about, attempt it in the end (dont leave it) n give some general gyaan usin some other concepts from the same subject

how many pages did you fill in a case study ?

quality answers or quantitative answers ?

As far as case study is concerned, it should reflect ur understandin over the subject...the ideas proposed shouldnt be radical...use theory stuff but b creative too...use diagrams wherever possible

a blend of qualitative n quantitative (this may sound cliched but thats the way it is)....Since the same notes are available with almost everyone, quality will serve as the differentiating factor....but it needs to be supported with quantity...i feel small answers dont fetch u marks...but that in no way means that u should keep fillin pages after pages coz then u stand to lose

time management is of paramount importance....decide beforehand how much time ur gonna spend on each question/section n see to it that u stick to it...sometimes paper pattern may change... for eg. we had 2 case studies for logistics....then, u need to quuickly change ur strategy/gameplan....it may seem trivial/plebeian but it does help (thats what i feel)

can you recollect your studying pattern 2 weeks prior to the exam ?

as is said, i had prepaed this time table in which i had devoted n number of days for a particular subject....but cant remember the exact studying pattern

one thing that we need to remember is to have faith, belif n conviction in urself

okay ... was there any specific no of pages you had in mind for 2 mrks, 5 mrks and 10 mrks answers ?

no coz this makes us aware/conscious of the no. of pages we need to fill...this somehow acts as a impediment

accord each question its own merit n sole accordingly

Anything else you the BMS students taking SEM 5 should keep in mind ?

work hard, push yourselves to the limits, have faith in yourself n ur efforts n the results will be out there for all to see....n one more thing....the world doesnt come to an end with the V sem results
Hope these tips help you friends.

We will ofcourse be adding many more things that will help you crack the BMS SEM 5 exams, so better BOOKMARK this thread :)

Keep surfing.

PS : Share this link with as many ppl as possible. It can only benefit them

Last edited:

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Guidelines for Case Study Analysis

Steps in Case Study Analysis::

1. Read the given Case not just once but twice and understand the details provided.

2. Identify the main problem or problems and sub-problems mentioned in the case very clearly.

3. Also make sure you understand the situation clearly.

4. Note down the facts of the case seperately. this includes things like factual statements, statistical data, quotations and daigrams, etc.

5. Explore the case and arrive at a possible solution.

6. Comment on the SWOT on the basis of the details provided in the case.

7. Decide and recommend, a course of action to the case not only with the details provided in the case but also the depth of knwoledge you have acquired about the other Management subjects relevant to the matter discussed in the case.

8. While giving the possible solutions to the case one of the main points to be considered is keep it short and sweet. Limit your answer. Instead of praragraphs, if possible, use bullet point numbering. Your interpretation to the case should be unbiased and not a one sided argument.

9. Support your decision and recommendations with you own exhibits, quantitative analysis, graphs, tables, charts, etc to present the data clearly and precisely.

10. Follow a sequence of Facts, Observation, Recommendations and Conclusions.

11. If there are direct Questions asked, use the above method only ( prefered )
and relate your anwers to the question with respect to your facts, observations, recommendations in short.

The below file attached is extremely important as solving case studies is the toughest part of any answer paper. Its time consuming and at times can be tough enough and confusing.

So Friends, as MP assures u with constant updates and tips, her is our second effort to make things eaiser for you...

The below file is detailed information about what are the types of case studies and how to solve them. Please download it. Its is for you all only.

Attachments

• Case Study Solving Method.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 516

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Financial management- IM Pandey

FM..FM..FM.... Every TYBMSitie worried about Financial management

so here is something specially uploaded for Mpities

Financial Management Cd- IM Pandey

Covering 36 topics :-

1. Nature of Finanacial management
2.Concepts of value and returns
3. Valuation of bonds and Shares
4. Risk and Return: an overview of Capital market Theory
Risk and Return: Portfolio Theory and assets Pricing Model
6. Beta estimation and the cost of equity
7. Options and thier valuation
8. Capital Budgeting Decesions
9. The Cost of Capital
10. Determining Cash Flows for investment analysis
11. Complex Investment Decesions
12. risk analysis in Capital Budgeting
13. Real options
14. Financial & Operating Leverage
15. Capital Structure Theory and Policy
16. Valuation and Financing
17. Dividend Theory
18. Dividend Policy
19. Capital market efficiency and capital Markets in India
20. Long Term Finance : Shares, debuntures and Term Loans
21. Convertiable Debuntures and warrants
22. Asset based Financing
23. Venture Capital Financing
24. Cash Flow analysis
25. Financial statement Analysis
26. Financial Planning and Strategy
27. Principles of Working Capital management
28. Receivables management
29. Inventory management
30. cash management
31. Working Capital finance
32. Corporate Resturturing, Mergers and Acqisitions
33. Derivatives
34. International Financial management
35. Shareholder Value and Corporate Governance
36. Financial management in Government Companies

P.S.1 :- This Cd contains only theory and Formulaes

P.S. 2 :- This Cd is also Helpful for MBA students

Here is the link
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/2645461/Financial_mgmt.rar.html
password : nileshnagdev
All the Best Guys

deep10

this is really gud n thnxs to sujit for boosting us, i think this tips really works at the last days!!!!!!
keep goin buddy..........with sme interesting tips

lovz

thnx a lot fr ur tips and motivating us i am sure it will really help us (specially with ssm)

thank you once again

6.vinay

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
HEY KARTIK thanks man it really boosted me to study hard thanks to sujit also to share his knowledge ..........

chirayu

Banned
thanks

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

< BANNED FOR SPAMMING >

Last edited by a moderator:

shreyesh

kartik said:
What a great way to start off with Tips to help TYBMS Students CRACK SEM 5 !!

I interviewed Sujit Balakrishnan, one of the toppers of TYBMS who scored a 83 % last year.

Here's how it goes :

Hope these tips help you friends.

We will ofcourse be adding many more things that will help you crack the BMS SEM 5 exams, so better BOOKMARK this thread :)

Keep surfing.

PS : Share this link with as many ppl as possible. It can only benefit them
hii !!! thanks a lot for this tips............it will

maddy_smruti

thnk u vishal. i m in tybms 5th sem u cn suggest whtevr u wnt to. and help me in getting the other papers also. bye
god bless

smruti

Status
Not open for further replies.