CCEE EXAM For 2006

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
Some rumours suggesting cancellation of the bms exams is doin the rounds.

Comprehensive information about the centralised common entrance examinations(ccee) for the bms course is availabe at the mumbai university website

www.mu.ac.in
http://www.jbims.edu/

the website affirms that the CCEE for bms will be held on JUNE 4,2006. the information booklet and application forms for the CCEE are available from april 22,2006 to May 5,2006 ,everyday (11am to 4 pm) at the following centres:

1.JBIMS.[churchgate]
2.NM.[vile-parle]
3.MODERN COLLEGE.[navi mumbai]
4.ROYAL AND BIRLA COLLEGE.[thane]
and more are there.....

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
The information Booklet & Application Form for appearing the CCEE will
be available at the following 15 centers from Saturday 22nd April, 2006 to
Friday 5th May, 2006 (All Days) between 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.

1) Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management
Studies.(JBIMS), 164, Backbay
Reclamation, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400020.

2) Ramjiniranjan Jhunjhunwala College,
Ghatkopar (W), Mumbai – 400 086.

3) Rayat Shikshan Sanstha’s Modern College,
Vashi, Sector 15 A, Navi Mumbai – 400075.

4) Mulund College of Commerce, Sarojini
Naidu Road, Mulund (W), Mumbai – 400080.
5) Nagindas Khandwala College of Commerce
and Arts,Road No. 1, Bhadran Nagar, Off.
S.V. Rd. Malad (W), Mumbai – 400 064.
6) Narcee Monjee College of Commerce and
Economics, Juhu Development Scheme, Vile
- Parle (W), Mumbai – 400 056.

7) Royal College of Arts, Science and
Commerce, Kashimira, Mira Road (E), Dist.
Thane – 401 104.

8) Birla College of Arts, Science & Commerce,
Kallyan, Dist. Thane – 421 304.
9) D.B.J. College of Arts, Science &
Commerce, Chiplun, Dist. Ratnagiri – 415605.

10) Janata Shikshan Mandal’s Smt. Indirabai
G. Kulkarni Arts, J.B. Sawant Science and
Sau. Jankibai Dhondo Kunte Commerce
College, Alibag, Dist. Raigad – 402 201.

11) Ratnagiri Sub-Centre, University of
Mumbai, Plot No. P-61, MIDC Area,
Mirjole, Ratnagiri – 415 612.

12) Sonopant Dandekar Arts College, V.S.
Apte Commerce and M.II. Mehta Science
College, Khare Kuran Road, Palghar,
Dist. Thane – 401 404.

13) Pancham Khemraj Mahavidlaya,
Sawantwadi, Dist. Sindhudurg – 416 510.

14) Alkesh Dinesh Modi Institute of Finance
Management Studies,
University of Mumbai, Vidyanagari,
Santacruz (E), Mumbai – 400 098.

15) Changu Kana Thakur College of Arts,
Commerce & Science, Plot No. 01, Sector
- 11, Khanda Colony, New Panvel –410206.

Fees for Application Form and Information Booklet including details of
pattern of Centralized Common Entrance Examination (available at centers 1
to 15 ) is Rs. 250/- (non-refundable) payable only by Demand Draft drawn
in favour of “FINANCE & ACCOUNTS OFFICER, UNIVERSITY OF
MUMBAI”. Duly completed forms should be submitted at the same above centers on/or
before Friday 5th May,2006 along with the CCEE fee (non-refundable) of
Rs.300/- for General Category and Rs.200/- for SC/ST/DT/NT category
payable only by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “FINANCE &
ACCOUNTS OFFICER, UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI”.

NO POSTAL REQUESTS FOR FORMS/SUBMISSION WILL BE ENTERTAINED.

You can also download the pdf file from http://www.mu.ac.in/bmssch.pdf

slksdb

hello to all at mp...
im a newbie and could use some help with the up coming CCEE. like
topics one should concentrate on ? ( im in delhi so no bms books in the vicinity for me )
wat is a gud score?
is st xaviers a gud choice for BMS ( besides the xavierite tag ) , howz the infrastructure and all...? ( the website is no help )
also all this talk bout cancellation of the CCEE , could it be possible that its being postponed due to dates clashing with CBS of delhi. ( cause if it is that'd be awesome )
my dilemma:
CBS 10am to 12:10pm
CCEE (2:30pm reporting) 3pm to 5pm ( 2hrs for a 75 min paper , ne one hrd of maths? )
a flight from delhi to mumbai 1hr 55 min.
time available 2hrs 20min.
fingers crossed !!!

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii...

CCEEE is declared and its not going to change any ways....

hope for the best and do well... and keep growing the name for BMS...

this year there are many aspiring students for
BMS

there r many rumours of test as well as tht BMS is tough and not possible to get succeed in it and all to demotivate the hsc students..

plzzzz dont listen to it.. might be they may got a bad experience but among 1000 students i can prove u tht BMS is really easy and a lively course .. dont get tensed its an excellent course..

if u r not giving entrance bcoxz some1 told u abt its level of difficulty 4get tht.. its really easy
i appeared my TY exams recently and its really really intresting course..
even i faced the people telling tht BMS is tough dont do it as i was an average student but BMS made me 2day a changed personality i use to get distinction in all exams.. so u can see a change an average student around 50% in SSC can get distinction.its unbelievable ffor me atleast as i dont work hard yet..

so think if u work hard u can easily be at the top of the world...
another thing.. abt colleges.. dont keep a special list of coll tht without tht u will not do BMS... plz if u r not getting in tht ur favorite coll u can go 2 other coll as degree comes frm mumbai university.. anyways u can take response of colleges frm this site as thr r almost all collstudents in this site..

so if u have any query yet or confusion MP forum is always ready to help u all..
yet the time is not gone.. atleast appear for CCEE..
best of luck to all and welcome to BMS very soon...

bye

slksdb

the guy from post number '3' (scroll up)

dude thx fur ur post but i still need to make a tentative list of colleges to aim for and the requisite scores for admission in them, hence im back to square 1.
could someone tell me bout some good bms colleges, u know... the stuff , in particular st xaviers cause its the only 1 ive hrd bout to be honest and it sounds kidda 'whack' ... in a gud way ofcourse.

also with regard to the CCEE is there a phase 2 in the admission process like group discussion , interview etc. conducted by the colleges we approach after councelling.

keep ur fingers busy and help me out ppl . thx

melting in delhi's heat....
slk

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
:SugarwareZ-299: u r most welcome...

and obviously u have to make a list of preferred college.. i meant tht at the end when many students stick to only one coll and if they dont get it they use to go in traditional Bcom.. so.. ya surely u have to prefer good coll ..

acco to me...
the good coll in respect to studies,, getting importance in TY level and exploring ur personality r as foll

HR coll

NM

Bhavans Andheri

Raheja

regarding ur queries of Xaviers.... i knew many students of Xavier.
they gave a negative impact of coll

its better some Xavierite help u out but yet it is not good as HR so think abt it..

i think there is one thread regarding the true facts of every coll u can surf out tht thread as i dont have its link...

bye

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
slksdb said:
hello to all at mp...
im a newbie and could use some help with the up coming CCEE. like
topics one should concentrate on ? ( im in delhi so no bms books in the vicinity for me )
wat is a gud score?
is st xaviers a gud choice for BMS ( besides the xavierite tag ) , howz the infrastructure and all...? ( the website is no help )
also all this talk bout cancellation of the CCEE , could it be possible that its being postponed due to dates clashing with CBS of delhi. ( cause if it is that'd be awesome )
my dilemma:
CBS 10am to 12:10pm
CCEE (2:30pm reporting) 3pm to 5pm ( 2hrs for a 75 min paper , ne one hrd of maths? )
a flight from delhi to mumbai 1hr 55 min.
time available 2hrs 20min.
fingers crossed !!!

Wow now thats a tight schedule.. Firstly bms ccee aint hard.. I could tell you this experience, maths aint at all difficult , english is easy jst the logic might be trick sometimes..!!

Xaviers is a good choice and anything above 75/100 is a good score.. Though u have many other good colleges to e.g Jai Hind , N.M, Mithibai , H.R & many others..

Ya but before planning take care if this both exams are clashing than dont opt for air india frm delhi to mum as they are never in schedule u'll surely land cpl hrs late.. Secondly post us where your center is so we can give u somewhat an approx idea as to hw far is the center frm the domestic airpot.!!

Nd Best of Luck...!!:bigsmile:

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well as far in my opinion suggestin colgs... since i hv frnds in moistly all colg ...( thx's 2 mp.com )

n i would suggest 2 look out for these colgs ....coz acc 2 me...n few others i knw... these colg's mentiond below hv all facilities in genral...along with best faculty

NM...SIES( new ), Raheja, Mithibhai, Rj Jhunjhunwala, HR, Jai hind, Chetna, MMK....well these r the best ones....
(guys ...no comments on my postings...lolz...)

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
vishal_1986 said:
well as far in my opinion suggestin colgs... since i hv frnds in moistly all colg ...( thx's 2 mp.com )

Rj Jhunjhunwala,

Lol RJ Jhunjhunwala in top 10 of mumbai, man i hvnt heard the name of the college in any ranking yet..!!

I wonder wer u got tht frm..@@!!

puj_104

hiiiiiii frndz,

its really easy exam there is no need to worry or to take tensoins.
BMS is really a good couse i m one of them. i have completed my first year frm chennai college. if need help do ask me on MP. or
< NO EMAIL IDS ALLOWED >

frm
PUJA

Last edited by a moderator:

slksdb

Quieries......

'MP'ites,

since im planning to take the plunge into the BMS course i need some first hand info bout the course. like,

When is the counceling held after the CCEE results are declared?

When does the first semester commmence?

Can courses be clubbed with the BMS program? like Eco, Maths etc. ?

What are the prospects of landing an internship with a reputed company?

and lastly the most important, Howz the party scene in mumbai university !?!?!!!

waiting for answers, question wise...
slk

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Re: Quieries......

slksdb said:
When is the counceling held after the CCEE results are declared?

1 week aft the CCEE results...goes on for 3-4 dayz... CENTRALISED system.... dependin on ur score... u chance wil come on 1-2-3-4 th day.... higest scores 1st..day n so on

slksdb said:
When does the first semester commmence?

sem 1 commences usually in july mid ...and if results of CCEE r postponded by ne chances..colgs start frm 1st august max... sem 1 exams r then conducted durin sep end or october..1st week dependin on colgs

slksdb said:
Can courses be clubbed with the BMS program? like Eco, Maths etc. ?

nopes

slksdb said:
What are the prospects of landing an internship with a reputed company?

it all depends on u...how n whr u look out for ur internship... but BMS students do get preferences and hv more chances thn ne other in companies for internship... I had done it in CENTURY TEXTILES and INDUSTRIES LTD for 1 month as HR TRAINEE

slksdb said:
and lastly the most important, Howz the party scene in mumbai university !?!?!!!

4gt abt it... concentrate on CCEE...n njoy BMS ...ull love it..i bet

slksdb

nooooooooooo.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Vishal,
u havent given me much to look forward to yaar.....

come on u can do better than that to get a guy to come all the way from delhi to MU.

neways i dont think i'll have a problem with the CCEE cause i had cracked JEE last year. (engg. is just not my cup of tea, entrance exams maybe but definitely not engg. So bland...)

so this is y urs truely is interested in BMS.

if ne one can shine some light on the questions i have (post no. 10) , i'll be gosh positively jumping with glee , hahaha.

peace.
slk

KARTIKRAITHATHA

hello to all bms aspirants.

i am kartik raithatha - mithibai bms batch 2003-2006

what i wanted to say is that one more thing that need to be considered while selecting college for bms is its campus placements.

now-a-days companies are recruiting bms grads in place of mba's and provide them with intensive training.so doing bms from a good college definetly has a good value attached to the resume's.

there are companies like jp morgan chase, citi group, direct i, and many more visiting good colleges for good candidates.also pay package ranges from 1.7L pa to as high as 2.9L pa.

a good college has a good brand value or good value in the eyes of the recruiters so they prefer those good colleges for recruitment.

what i also say is that the first preference for bms grad need to be go for masters / post graduate programme. i just wanted to bring a point out here. because there are some students who do not want to go for mba or any other post gradute course immediately after the graduation. also getting a work ex of about a year and then going for post graduation definetly adds value. this work ex definetly has a good stand in the selection process for mba.

this is my personal experience : i got 87.23 percentile in cat-2005. applied to kj somaiya (pg course) and was expecting a call , as every year the cut offs for a gd-pi call were quiet lower.
but the cut offs were as: for candidates with work ex more than 1 yr:82.12
with no or less than 1 yr of work ex: 89.65
this one year of work ex = 7.53 percentile of cat and that's quiet huge.

this is where the imp of work ex lies and alos the question of campus placement of a bms colege..
so guys just consider everything.

:SugarwareZ-266:

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
The CCEE 2006 is tommorow..... So best of luck to all the applicants....
Hope to see u all in the BMS community soon......... Do Well !!!

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
best of luck....

to all CCEE students....

do well and welcome in BMS community in advance...

dont take tension and be cool.....

bye