Some Facts abt MH-CET seats

jimish.mehta87

helo friends,
now many of us r gonna appear for MH-CET dis year
many of dem will be attempting 2nd time and many 1st time
But here is sumthing to note abt available seats in MBA colleges of Mumbai

No. of colleges - 25
Some top colleges- JBIMS, SOmaiya, Wellingkar, Dalmia, SIES, MET, IES, Chetana.
Approx seats - 1500
10% for Management Quota
10% for Outside Maharashtra students
10% for Outside Mumbai students

remaining 70% now
from dat 35% for SC, ST, OBC (reservation quota)
finally remaining 35% seats for merit rankers

now one think to ask is dat.....wat is remaining for merit rankers who work and study hard for CET.
Is der no value.......dis is a big issue for all students of Mumbai
Its a request to all for givin der suggestions and take some action
its for our benefit and our future.......:SugarwareZ-064:
For any info u can contact me on 9821268410
thank u:SugarwareZ-158:

deepaksunny

helo friends,

No. of colleges - 25
Approx seats - 1500
10% for Management Quota

remaining 70% now

now one think to ask is dat.....wat is remaining for merit rankers who work and study hard for CET.
hey jimesh just make a correction to wt u said as facts dude you missed sydenham institute(simsree) in ur list for which the facts of last year shows dat all those students missing jbims went for simsree leavin somaiya or welingkar.....n dis is availabe on cet website also......

jimish.mehta87

Management Quota means in which admission is given directly by giving money for booking seats dat also widout giving any entrance exam

I m sorry to miss out name of Sydenham College

jimish.mehta87

:SugarwareZ-158: indeed its a big issue,,b cos the way ppl study for cet exam and when they dnt get through it its very discouraging for a person to appear again..
not only this,,i feel if ppl dnt get selected they fail to get the exposure which is possible only during mba studies...

also there will be shortage in the labour market when the country cant recruit the right talent which is needed for a professional job...
moreover i feel if this happens ppl wud love to settle abroad...these r som long term effects...

i just feel tht more no. of seats should b introduced so tht every potential candidate can make his career and his dreams are not destroyed...

1 more thing,this topic shud b in d hot debates section so tht more discussion takes place..

rejoice_success

how do they judge to be a maharashtra student.... My friend has done his 10th form maharashtra but 12th from other state and currently pusuing his graduation from mumbai university(i.e.Maharashtra) ... Could you telll under which category he will fall in.. outside maharashta or Maharshtra candidate!!

nitinpahuja

Nitin Pahuja
Hi here are the details about the CET

Admission Process

The selection process for all university affiliated MBA programs in Maharashtra begins with the Common Entrance Test, which is held sometime between February and May. The CET tests the candidates for their analytical, mathematical and verbal skills along with their comprehension and critical reasoning abilities. Those who clear the entrance exam are then required to undergo a rigorous final selection procedure involving group discussions and interviews.

Credits are also given for past academic performance and work experience. A total score is then computed and a merit list is prepared. Students are then offered admissions according to the existing rules and regulations prepared by the concerned authorities. Please refer to the DTE brochure for further information.

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate should either be a graduate with minimum 45% marks or should be in the final year graduation. In case he/she is in the final year of graduation, he/she should be in a position to submit his final mark sheet by September of the year of the CET.

The different categories under which students can apply are:

* NRI Seats: If one of the parents of a candidate is an NRI. 15% of the seats in every institute is reserved for such candidates.
* Outside Maharashtra Candidate: 10% of the seats in every institute are reserved for those who have completed their graduation or appearing for graduation from a university outside Maharashra.
* Outside Home University Candidate: If a candidate has completed his graduation/appearing for graduation from a university within Maharashtra, but not from the university to which a particular institute is affiliated to. 15% of the seats in such a institute is reserved for that candidate.
* Home University Candidate: The remaining 60% of the seats in an institute is given to the candidates who have passed their graduation from the same university to which the said college is affiliated to.

Other Reservations:

* Reserved Class: 50% of the seats distributed under Home University Category (i.e. 30% effectively) in every institute is reserved for candidates who belong to SC/ST/NT/OBC etc.
* Linguistic Minority Quota: Not all institutes have this reservation. Some institutes have 50% of their seats distributed under the Home University Category reserved for candidates who belong to a particular sect. This reservation is as follows:

1. NMIMS: Seats reserved for Gujarati speaking community
2. SIMSR: Seats reserved for Gujarati speaking community
3. SIESCOMS: Seats reserved for South Indians
4. Lala Lajpathrai (Mumbai Univ.): Seats reserved for Punjabis
5. Rizvi (Mumbai Univ.): Seats reserved for Muslim community

*NOTE: All the above institutes have a separate written exam and admission procedure in case a candidate needs to apply through the above category. But appearing for the CET is a must.

CET Pattern

The CET is made up of 5 components:

1. The Written Test:

* The written test comprises 200 marks, divided in the following areas:
Verbal Reasoning - Approx. 50 marks
Quantitative Reasoning - Approx. 50 marks
Logical Reasoning - Approx. 100 marks

* The written test has to be completed in 2.5 hours

* It must be noted that the CET is not divided into any section. All the questions are spread across the entire paper randomly.

2. Group Discussion (GD):

* The GD comprises 17 marks
* There are usually 10 members in a team and is evaluated by a panel of 3.
* A typical CET GD lasts for 20–30 min.

3. Personal Interview (PI):

* The Personal Interview comprises 17 marks
* The interview is usually conducted by a panel of 2.
* The PI usually lasts for 20-30 min.

4. Academics:

* Marks for SSC or 10th Standard
2 marks if you have more than 75%
1 mark if you have between 60% to 75%

* Marks for HSC or 12th Standard
2 marks if you have more than 75%
1 mark if you have between 60% to 75%

5. Work Experience:

* 2 marks if you have more than 3 years of Work Experience
* 1 mark if you have 1 to 3 years of Work Experience
* The Experience should satisfy the following 3 conditions:
(a) It should be after Graduation
(b) It should be full-time
(c) It should be in a listed company

So, the total marks in CET is 240. Every student gets his score out of 240 marks and based on the marks each candidate gets a unique merit rank.

You may wonder, if two candidates are tied at the same score, how can they get a unique merit rank? This is so because there are many tie - breakers. In case two candidates have the same score out of 240, the candidate having higher marks in the written test is given the preference. In case even this is the same, the person having higher marks in graduation is given preference. Then come the HSC marks, the SSC marks and so on. At the end of it all, every candidate gets a unique merit rank, based on it the centralized admissions take place.

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Honestly even i feel that people who really study very ard, burn the midnight oil, having no quota in their kitty are at a big loss, the govt should not do this, Masters is such a high level, they should not keep reservations at this level, Masters should only be on the baisi of merit, no caste, no gender, etc..

pravs1243

very true
its total unfair 4 da merit holders.... all da hard work dat is been put in goes a total waste.. i think all da ppl in INDIA shld unite n shld protest against sunch act ...... same as da Medical science students did.:SugarwareZ-299:

Anandmms

helo friends,

No. of colleges - 25
Approx seats - 1500
10% for Management Quota

remaining 70% now

U have talked about the system. But you have ignored the improvements in it!!! Till last to last year the admissions of MMS were more hopeless!!
The system was such that only one round of admissions use to be conducted. But now there are four rounds!! All the admission process is computerized, which makes the fraudulent practices near to impossible!!!
The other side is also that, when there is scarcity of seats in Mumbai, there are some students which reject a seat which they can get easily, in wish of getting 'good' (read as 100% jobs giving) institutes.(even though they are not capable).
So, think on these both lines....Hmmm......:SugarwareZ-158:

Anand Kale
:bigsmile:

bhupinder

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
a maharashtra student means a student having Domicile status in Maharashtra,
means he has stayed here for more than 10 years.

bhupinder

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Say happy Birthday to the Creator of the Quota's system and the "Greatest" Leader of the country Dr. B.R. AMBEDKAR ,

don't we have him on the forum???, he would have got all the hate mail ( lol)

jimish.mehta87

U have talked about the system. But you have ignored the improvements in it!!! Till last to last year the admissions of MMS were more hopeless!!
The system was such that only one round of admissions use to be conducted. But now there are four rounds!! All the admission process is computerized, which makes the fraudulent practices near to impossible!!!
The other side is also that, when there is scarcity of seats in Mumbai, there are some students which reject a seat which they can get easily, in wish of getting 'good' (read as 100% jobs giving) institutes.(even though they are not capable).
So, think on these both lines....Hmmm......

For ur view abt improvement and ignorance by some students is acceptable. But it is just abt some number of students. 40,000 students appear for CET,
hardly 0.1% wud do ignoring of seats.
But u also need to see other side of coin, where students study more hard den others of SC,ST,OBC, Outside maharashtra and Mumbai.
Wat abt them? Even they are studyin for their career.
Many students face big problems for paying classes fees also. Den too they however study + job for their bright future.

Abt improvement in procedure, it has to be done by institute in this world.
Mumbai University is one of d best university in world.

In short, i wud like to say dat dis reservation n management quota has ruined many students life........:SugarwareZ-158:

naeem khan

hey
thanx first of all for your contribution for giving us these details.let me ask u 1 thing that how many mark's do we need to get in CET exam
to get an admission in some good colleges as u suggested some of the reputed name's .And 1 more thing after this CET exams when the results come out .
And on the basis of result when we have to enroll for MBA ..
Kindly reply me as soon as possible.
I'll be really thankful to you if you'll help me out .....

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
you forgot nmims

NMIMS does not accept CET scores. You have to give NMAT for that.

how many mark's do we need to get in CET exam
to get an admission in some good colleges

marks would depends on the kind of paper you get. as for percentile, anything below 96 %ile is a hopeless case for open category seats.

To get into the top bschools you need above 98 %ile