New 7 wonders of the world named

ross18

MP Guru

The new seven wonders of the world were named Saturday 07/07/07 following an online vote that generated server-crushing traffic in its final hours.

The final tally produced this list of the world's top human-built wonders:

• The Great Wall of China

• Petra in Jordan

• Brazil's statue of Christ the Redeemer

• Peru's Machu Picchu

• Mexico's Chichen Itza pyramid

• The Colosseum in Rome

• India's Taj Mahal

So Taj Mahal still stays as One of the Wonder's of the World !!!

:SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191:

melroy88

The new seven wonders of the world were named Saturday 07/07/07 following an online vote that generated server-crushing traffic in its final hours.

The final tally produced this list of the world's top human-built wonders:

• The Great Wall of China

• Petra in Jordan

• Brazil's statue of Christ the Redeemer

• Peru's Machu Picchu

• Mexico's Chichen Itza pyramid

• The Colosseum in Rome

• India's Taj Mahal

So Taj Mahal still stays as One of the Wonder's of the World !!!

:SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191:

Statue of liberty didnt make it to the top 7:SugarwareZ-064:
coool:SugarwareZ-191:

pooja.teku

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey guys did u know The Statue of Liberty and Australia's Sydney Opera House were near the bottom of the list from the start itself n even the Eiffel Tower did not make it.....
neways i dont know the rank of TAJ they have not yet decalred it

kaps19

Leaning tower of pisa....was on which position......

does anybody knws the votes received by taj-mahal

Last edited by a moderator:

jaikajaria

Really feeling proud that indian monument has made it to the list of 7 woners of the world....By the way for how many years is the list valid??

ross18

MP Guru
Really feeling proud that indian monument has made it to the list of 7 woners of the world....By the way for how many years is the list valid??
i think that there is no such validity period of the new list of wonders...
these wonders are going to be for a long period of time, hope atleast for the next 1000 years...
As all the Wonders are Man Made i toh just hope that they stay as they are for a long period of time...

what is the authenticity of the poll that has been conducted by self proclaimed voting body. WHO ARE THEY TO CONDUCT THE VOTING and topsy turvey the till 6th july 7 wonders of the world. freinds to think about it. even UNESCO is angry at the events that have undergone for conducting poll results. our TAJ was and will always remain among the wonders always.
rather then going for a new list wisemen could have gone for modern days 7 wonders without affecting the status of previous wonders. i dont think that those that were included in the list pof wonders before were in any way incorrect? they very well deserved to be there. just think of hanging gardens, statute of liberty and other wonders. what a great effort was put in to build them. they never had technology as advanced as we have now. ... still.... they managed.

kindly put your views
and let me know if i am being harsh

regards

bigdreams

well, frm what some news channels were claiming dat taj had actually went on to receive the highest number of votes...bt d issue is dat dere's really no way in which dis cud be validated..so fr nw, lets cut d statistics and relish d fact dat taj mahal made it.....

rejoice_success

Congrats to All The True voters for Taj.. But i read through that this survey is not approved by UNESCO or any other Body.. So i dont know whether this is the true list as in for the Seven Wonders.!!!:fear: