XAT 2010 TENTATIVE DATE 3rd JAN

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hnge_inst_xlri_logo_small.gif

The XLRI Admission Test (XAT) is an all-India test conducted by XLRI (formerly known as Xavier Labour Relations Institute), a business school in Jamshedpur, India, as an entrance test for its management programmes. There are more than 60 other Management Institutes who are selecting students from XAT. Please refer to XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants desirous of joining XLRI or any other institutions have to appear for XAT 2010.

Eligibility Criteria for XAT

To be eligible for XAT, the candidate must be a graduate from a recognized institute. The minimum aggregate requirement is 50% for general category and 45% for OBC/ST/SC/Physically Handicapped candidates.

XAT PAPER FORMAT

XAT usually comprises 3 Objective type Multiple Choice sections and an essay writing section.
1. Verbal Reasoning (English) - (Objective Type Multiple Choice)- English-80 questions
2. Reasoning and Quantitative Ability-(Objective Type Multiple Choice)- 60 questions
3. General Awareness-60 questions
4. And an essay writing section-250-300 words on a given topic.

For every correct answer a candidates gets 1 mark and 1/3 marks is deducted for an incorrect

The duration of the test is 120 minutes for the objective type section and an additional 15 minutes is provided at the end of the 2 hours for the essay writing section.

XAT 2010 :

XAT bulletin is expected to be available in first week of September at selected Axis Bank branches on payment of cash. After that the candidates have to log in XAT website and choose the ‘Paid at Axis Bank mode of payment’ to fill the online form. Then the candidates have to download the PP form and mail it to XAT Office. Candidates can also obtain the XAT bulletin from XLRI by making a demand draft and first registering through XAT website by choosing Demand Draft option. After mailing the printed form to XAT office the candidates will receive the XAT bulletin from XAT office. Candidates also have to choose the institutes where they want to apply for through XAT.

Important Dates(Tentative):

Date of Entrance Examination: 1st week of January, 2010-3rd January is the most heard date.
Date of availability of XAT bulletin and online registeration: 1st week of September-End November, 2010
Last date for receipt of XAT PP form: First week of December, 2010

Some TIPS to crack XAT

Tips to crack the XAT

An e-book on Group Discussion and Personal Interview Tips For MBA Aspirants by Kartik Raichura-Founder and CEO of ManagementParadise.com
please find in the attachment below.

Want to know about the various programmes at XLRI.Please check the following link:
http://www.managementparadise.com/f...chool-business-human-resource-jamshedpur.html

Please let us know about your doubts, we willkeep you updated with the latest news.

Attachments

• gd.pdf
    62.1 KB · Views: 23

mm_syed5

Also one should focus on higher algebra to do well in XAT.... unlike in CAT its only upto SSC level concepts

swatisharma

hi Kalpana....Im currently in the final year of BBA..
Can you please help me regarding XAT...I wanted to know what all institutes accept XAT scores...Im terribly nervous...
Please help!

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi Kalpana....Im currently in the final year of BBA..
Can you please help me regarding XAT...I wanted to know what all institutes accept XAT scores...Im terribly nervous...
Please help!

Hey Swati,

There are 60 other Management Institutes who are selecting students from XAT 2009.
XAT / XLRI Online Registration

please have a look at the careerforum detailed information:
INSTITUTES ACCEPTING XAT SCORES

And nervous for what???good amount of time in hand to prepare...examination in January.

Any help please tell us

Regards,
Kalpana Heliya
MP Team