NMIMS MPSTME: Achievement at IBM's The Great Mind Challenge 2008

onlygeek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
attachment.php

Four students of Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering (MPSTME), NMIMS University who designed a project on ‘IT Enabled Academia’ have been adjudged first in the state of Maharashtra in The Great Mind Challenge 2008 (TGMC) contest conducted by IBM.

It is a pioneering contest under the company's Academic Initiative programs, which provide student programmers with a unique opportunity to develop innovative solutions using open standards-based IT tools under grueling real time situations.

The members of the team were:

1. Abhinav Jauhri

2. Abhishek Dey

3. Pulkit Karwal

4. Zubeen Dedhia

All are from Third Year B.Tech Computer Science Branch of MPSTME. They were guided by Prof. Ketan Shah, Head of Information Technology Department

The project entitled ‘IT Enabled Academia’ had the following provisions:

1. Provisions for combined classes, guest lecture, faculty timing preferences, room capacity, various lecture durations etc.

2. Provisions for the faculty to put lecture plan, teaching slides/exercise for their lectures that’d be accessible to students.

3. At the day end, students could give online feedback/suggestions online.

4. Strategic data and graphs creation facility for administrator and college / university authority to see utilization for resources.

Over a thousand projects were submitted. 330 projects were shortlisted for first-interaction i.e. a presentation and finally 20 teams were invited for a felicitation ceremony at Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore) on the 16th April, 2009.

The IBM’s ‘The Great Mind Challenge’ is a step in the direction which involves application of theoretical knowledge.

The Challenge in 2008 enabled participants to get a hands-on experience on IBM software products, namely (Tivoli, WebSphere Application Server/ WebSphere Application Server Community Edition, DB2/DB2 Express-C, WebSphere Portal and Forms and Rational) and Eclipse which is Open Source on a Linux platform.

Attachments

• super-jauhri.jpg
    super-jauhri.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 4,992
Last edited:

MURSHADALI

hi first i would like to congratulate to ur award
and for ur work also which u have done it was also good
congrates again bye.