are ethics important in advertising

shylu

Marketing a product and want lots of traffic for that product...then wht is the mantra... Its none other than ADVERTISING and advertising through media.

But in this process, companies show their products superior to other products thus indirectly affecting the image of other similar product and making that product inferior... can this be termed as ethical on the part of advertising managers or ad agencies.

We see tooth paste ads and we often see the other pastes are demonstrated as inferior and they are removed asking the viewers to use their tooth paste.

this is quite unethical. If you want to stand in the market, try different things but not degrade other products..

So..I feel ethics are important in advertising.

what is ur say on this topic? Please pour your comments

venkatmannem

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thanks for the suggested u posted on the ethics in marketing but in real practice which is company is maintaining ethics all companies are surplus of customers finding a strategi which have no ethics in achiving profit

anagha.ingle

i think that ethics are important in advertising but cannot be followed at all times....after all i guess its a trade off between ethics and what makes business sense...its left to the advertisers where they must draw the line...i guess its sorta like the difference between a lie and a white lie....

avanishah4

ethics in advertising works on a very thin line.. nowdays its acting smartly.. if u wanna hv a good mrkt share, sm of these tactics shud be adopted.. many products hv cluttered in the market.. me too aproach caninot work if the ethics are followed... its upon one to decide hw far one can go with ethics.. after all it all starts with money and ends in money..

cheers
avani

agnii

ethics in marketing/advertising is non existant!! and honestly.. d bottomline is profit.. u ve to create a product diffrentiaition.. esp when it comes to products like toothpaste .. etc.. it's all fair in business!!

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Think about this scenario "You are required to sell a product to a consumer.So you talk about your product and finally you will say(directly or indirectly) that there is no other product in the market offering such kinda features".This is nothing unethical cos finally you have to sell your product.For selling you need to convince the consumers why they should buy your product.For simply convincing you are comparing your product with others.Ofcourse advertising is about convincing the consumers in an indirect way.If they claim it directly then the ad is not good.I can't comment about the product.

-Deepak.

sweetchocolate

according to me ethics are important in advertising or in any field...... but one can hardly find ethics in marketing/advertising.. at the end of the day one looks out for profit.. one has to gain attention for its product inorder to hav higher sales, esp when it comes to products like toothpaste .. etc.. so n de end it would b said dat its fair in business.......

vaibhav_1234

ethics in advertising!!!!! not really needed, because alll you need is to deliver or make your potential customer understand your product, so no matter what you advertise, the ad which has more appeal will surely attract customer rathr than an ethical ad e.g.( sprite,axe,)

rahul.vani

Guys,

Ethically marketing is about creating awareness about your products for which der's already a need with the target customers ..

But now Marketing is more abt creating advertisements in such a way dat .. u create need for ur products.. Compel customers to buy ur producs..

BeLegit4u

ethics in advertising works are important for many reasons. I you want your product to sell, ethics are neccessary.
It should be developed with the intrests and ethical values of the customer in mind.
Consequently, advertising is all about money and money controls the market.

Legit

Archit Mahawar

ethics are important in making a goodwill of a company. in field of advertising if you show any unethical thing this might create a bad impression about your product in the eye of your consumer.

rajricky

ethics cannt be defined in these terms..n there is always a war between the compititors for there products to be delevired to potential customers..n every thing is fair in lv and war...

abhimails

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hiii friends,
its true that companies need to follows certain ethics wen they r advertising but wen u actually look at reputed companies, they avoid faking about their products coz they know and realize the cost of being caught.

abhimails

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
The short sighted nature of many businesses is the main factor leading to the absence of ethics. the business jus cant think of its own benifits, it needs to care for the society too to sustain success......

punitatinup

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Marketing a product and want lots of traffic for that product...then wht is the mantra... Its none other than ADVERTISING and advertising through media.

But in this process, companies show their products superior to other products thus indirectly affecting the image of other similar product and making that product inferior... can this be termed as ethical on the part of advertising managers or ad agencies.

We see tooth paste ads and we often see the other pastes are demonstrated as inferior and they are removed asking the viewers to use their tooth paste.

this is quite unethical. If you want to stand in the market, try different things but not degrade other products..

So..I feel ethics are important in advertising.

what is ur say on this topic? Please pour your comments
Hey can any 1 teach me how can i post my data and get data from here...

alpanansethi

hey

interisting views from u ppl
i have worked in an ad agency and i do believe that ethics r imp in advertising
as a matter of fact it is imp in and field, ya there r so many agency who work otherwise , but eventually it does boil down to one person and his decision, but wat confuses me is even if as an individual u r ethical but wat if u r working in an organization which practices things u would never support , then wat ??