interview question,,,

nick18_in

MP Guru
You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass
by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there

could only be one passenger in your car.

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma

that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and
thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend
because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect
chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find

your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble
coming up with his answer.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and

let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for

the bus with the woman of my dreams."

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box

aspire

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In my GIM Interview ,I was asked , In what way have u created trouble for your company ....

I replied .. I have made my replacement a really difficult task ...

got me thru

regards

shailesh

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hmmm... what's the safest answer for " Do you have a Girlfriend ? " , i was asked so many times and no matter what i replied i always ended up having an argument....
at GIM the professor got so annoyed by my global answers that he asked me " If I ask your name , would that also start with 'it depends ' ? "
got thru anyway
cheers
CS

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
ch21599 said:
hmmm... what's the safest answer for " Do you have a Girlfriend ? " , i was asked so many times and no matter what i replied i always ended up having an argument....
at GIM the professor got so annoyed by my global answers that he asked me " If I ask your name , would that also start with 'it depends ' ? "
got thru anyway
cheers
CS
If u have one.. say so, or else say u don't... but do remember to think on why or why don't u have a gf... too!

aspire

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I am attachin a file containing hr quiestions
will be very beneficial for u guys...
regards

shailesh

Attachments

• hrinterviewquestions.doc
    164.5 KB · Views: 80

aspire

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In the MBA entrance interview how do I justify my decision to pursue the MBA programme?

When you are asked this for God's sake don't tell the panel that you are looking for a "challenging job in a good firm with lots of money, status and glamour". That is the first answer that most candidates think of. Unfortunately it is the last answer that will get you admission. In the answer to a direct question on this subject you must convey to the interview panel that you have made a rational and informed decision about your career choice and your intended course of higher study. There are broadly six areas which your answer could touch upon :

Career Objectives : You could talk about your career objectives and how the two year MBA programme will help you achieve them. This implies that you have a clear idea of what your career objectives are and how you wish to achieve them. For example you may want to be an entrepreneur and wish to set up your independent enterprise after doing your MBA and then working for a few years in a professionally managed company. You could explain to the panel that the MBA programme will provide you with the necessary inputs to help you run your business enterprise better. But then you must be clear about what the inputs you will receive in the MBA programme are.

Value Addition : That brings us to the second area that your answer should touch upon. What is the value you will add to yourself during your two year study of management. Value addition will essentially be in two forms knowledge and skills. Knowledge of the various areas of management e.g. marketing, finance, systems, HRD etc. and skills of analysis and communication. You will find it useful to talk to a few people who are either doing their MBA or have already done it. They will be able to give you a more detailed idea of what they gained from their MBA.

Background : Remember, there must be no inconsistency between your proposed study of management and your past subject of study or your past work experience. If you have studied commerce in college then management is a natural course of higher studies. If you are an engineer this is a tricky area. You must never say that by pursuing a career in management you will be wasting your engineering degree. Try and say that the MBA course and your engineering degree will help you do your job better in the company that you will join. But then you should be able to justify how your engineering qualification will help.

Opportunities and Rewards : You could also at this stage mention the opportunities that are opening up in organizations for management graduates. Highlight with examples. At the end you may mention that while monetary rewards are not everything they are also important and MBAs do get paid well. You must not mention these reasons as your primary motivators even if that may be the case.

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
gaurav200x said:
If u have one.. say so, or else say u don't... but do remember to think on why or why don't u have a gf... too!

hmmm... why are the professor's interested in my love life ? neways i was in the middle of a break up at that time.. couldnt tell that to them.. could i ?

aspire

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ch21599 said:
hmmm... why are the professor's interested in my love life ? neways i was in the middle of a break up at that time.. couldnt tell that to them.. could i ?
I think u should discuss these relationship problems with harsh jain , he is quite good at this ... quite an expert .. I think once u ppl were lucky enuff to have an informal interaction

regards
shailesh

rohit_pn

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Re: interview

Here comes a hilarious interview... (I-Interviewer. C-Candidate)

I: Tell me about yourself.

C: I am Ramesh. I did my Tele Communication
engineering from Don Ation Onli Institute of Technology.

I: Don Ation Onli Institute of Technology.? I had never heard of
this college before!

C: Even I had not heard of it before getting an
admission into it . What happened is - due to cricket world
cup I scored badly in 12th.I was getting a paid seat in a good
college. But my Dad said - "I cannot invest so much of money".
(The Dad actually said - "I will never waste so much of money
on you"). So I had to join this college.

I: ok, ok. It seems you have taken 6 years to complete your
engineering.

C: Actually I tried my best to finish it in 4 years. But you
see, these cricket matches and football world cup, and tennis
tournaments..It is difficult to concentrate. So I flunked in
2nd and 3rd year. So in all I took 6 years. These cricket
matches really affect exams a lot. I think they should ban it.

I: Good to know that you want cricket matches to be banned.

C: No, no.. I am talking about Exams!

I: Ok, What is your biggest achievement in life?

C: Obviously, completing my Engineering. No one ever thought I
could complete it.

I: Do you have any plans of higher study?

C: Are you kidding? Completing 'lower' education itself was so much
of pain!!

I: Let's talk about technical stuff. On which platforms have
you worked?

C: Well, I work at SEEPZ, so you can say Andheri is my current
platform . Earlier I was at Vashi center. So Vashi was my
platform then. As you can see I have experience of different
platforms ! (Vashi and Andheri are the places in Mumbai)

I: And which languages have you used?

C: Marathi, Hindi, English.
By the way, I can keep quiet in German, French, Russian
and many other languages.

I: Why VC is better than VB?

C: It is a common sense - C comes after B. So VC is a higher
version than VB. I heard very soon they are coming up with a new
language VD!

I: Do you know anything about Assembly Language?

C: Well, I have not heard of it. But I guess, this is the language
our ministers and MPs use in assembly .

I: What is your general project experience?

C: My general experience about projects is - most of the times
they are in pipeline!

I: Congratulations. You have been shortlisted for the next round of
interview. You will soon hear from us. Thanks.

prakar

Give an example for Creativity?
Creativity mean picturing new one in the mind and bring it to reality, For example melting the old used candle and mold it with newly designed candle. Creativity makes something different and comes out with new idea, It is quite interesting and challenging. it helps to put lot of questing to bring new product . To keep on developing ourselves we have to think different for all the possible way to satisfy the needs and wants of the people. The people always wants new products which is new and creative different from other.