Microsoft offers to buy Yahoo for $44.6 billion

dhiren_te

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Microsoft Corp made a bid to buy Yahoo Inc for $44.6 billion in cash and stock, seeking to join forces against Google Inc in what would be the biggest Internet deal since the Time Warner-AOL merger.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
This is phenomenal news dhiren .. thanks for sharing ..

Do you think its a real bid by microsoft or just a stunt by yahoo microsoft alliance to shoot up the stock price of yahoo inc which is at its all time low !?

dhiren_te

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I guess this is Microsoft's answer to Google...Going by the words and ideas expressed by the Microsoft's CEO Steve Balmer..I guess this would be one of the biggest mergers....Only time will tell :SugarwareZ-299:

clalife

few weeks back I thought AT&T would try to buy Yahoo. As Google is assumed to be willing to get into the wireless business, with a business model based on advertising (so much cheaper than AT&T), it would become a big threat... so buying yahoo would have helped them. but gates was faster ;)

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
few weeks back I thought AT&T would try to buy Yahoo. As Google is assumed to be willing to get into the wireless business, with a business model based on advertising (so much cheaper than AT&T), it would become a big threat... so buying yahoo would have helped them. but gates was faster

Gates has also acquired a stake in FACE BOOK making it worth 15 bn USD.

Once the Giant acquires Yahoo, the online business models will change drastically giving google a run for its money.

I'm hopeful of a few innovations comming from the REDMOND giant on web advertising and improvment of Yahoo Publishing Network.