Advertising is a Diplomatic way of telling a Lie

mad

wat u think is it a diplomatic way to telling a lie

wats ur ideas friends:SugarwareZ-064:

udaytulasii

I don think so...'cos companies just cannot survive saying lies regrding their products and services.Customers are capable enough to scrutinize the value of products,'cos they're the ones who buy and use them.
Companies are becoming Customer Conscious..they are it playing it safe by maintaining good relations with customers.Being ethical in their approach is a necessity for survival.

raman_103

Yes U r correct, It's a Lie

If we talk about Indian Market there are various examples

1. fair & Lovely - your all fairness creams - fair color on your face within 4 weeks , which actually doesn't works

2. Regarding the Average of Bike or Car - km/per liter is not correct.It is under such conditions which are almost un avaliable to a common man.

3. Charges by Banking, Insurance companies are hidden, not shown in ADvt.

4. Maggi Noodles we all make them but I never get my noodles completely cooked within 2 minutes.

we can also talk about

1. Misleading Advertisements

2. Unethical Advertisements

undergoing in the market

Thanks

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Yes Buddy this is right but nt all times.Advertisement is a platform to sell your product.Ofcourse you can tell lies thru the ads but tht lie shudn't give a bad name to ur product or to your organisation.Lying is gud as long as people enjoy it.Some ads are there which doesn't tell a lie.Recently I saw an ad frm Hindustan Times for the Lead India.The ad portrays the real life situation where a politician jus escapes from his duty when he sees a log lying in the middle of the road disturbing the traffic.There are some ads which really makes you think.So ads can't be completely said as diplomatic way of lying.As always there are two sides for a coin.

-Deepak.

varunkohli.jim

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
First of all I must appreciate the efforts of all the members out here in this thread as most of the members of this thread are new to MP...... well done friends... and welcome to MP and yaa Enjoy MP
So advertisement according to me in Indian Context is the procedure of making people fool..... as rightly given example above in this thread most of the companies tries to fool out the viewers...
I think there must be strict action taken in regard of this.... as if we take example of Bollywood Movie "Traffic Signal" there was a boy who was inspired from the Bill Board of Fair & Lovely stating that it would make you fair.... blah blah blah... and start spending his money on the same product...
What impact does it had given?
Companies sometimes without understanding the worst part of the message which their advertisement is conveying start promoting out the advertisement.... which at last is sometimes harmful for the society...
Come on.... why should we be fooled off.... Is there no rules as such to stop these all advertisements..... As in USA advertisement have to be passed from the sensor board.... should there be any such rules in India...
or we would be fooled forever?

meeta

i think ads r platform to show all positive quality abt a product....
diplomatically hiding the negative ones if any....

gsrane

hi!
No,it is not so,it cannot be a diplomatic way of telling a lie.Today huge investments go in building a brand and promoting it thru advertisements.ads are means to imbibe ur product in the minds of the customer. the consumer today is too intekkigent to differentiate between a lie and a genuine product. many a times the value of the product is disgused as a status symbol,hence we may feel that it is not worth the price,but actually the price is for the status symbol u get and not solely the product.hence,advertisements can never be consiered as diplomatic lies.

avena.suri1

:SugarwareZ-064: well I agree that people are misusing this media and making illicit claims..my brother has been using n number of creams to treat his acne. And no success :( I was really disappointed with the fact that the products were big names and it shattered my trust on these brands. I have friends who used fairness creams and had no luck at all with it. These are all myth shakers and i believe consumer court should make laws more stringent towards advertisement media and there should be legal compliance which has to be implemented with efficacy

simran_bhatia

advertisement is nothing but the way to tell a lie which benefits the company... so i agree with the points being raised so far....

imran_q

Diplomatic - Yes ......LIE - Depends (very situational)........it has been a topic of ages that advertising is a diplomatic way of telling lie../...if you notice carefully enuf...it makes you remind of your own needs.......(not always)

shylu

hi buddy !!

ofcourse not.. Its not a diplomatic way. Its their survival.

Yes, they do exaggerate their product and its benefits. But then, if ads werent there, we would have not known many products.

They say "CAVEAT EMPTOR" rules applies in AD World. That is to say.."BUYER SHOULD BE BEWARE" before purchasing.

thats something we dont really have time for..later repent..

But we are aware of products only through advertisements.

thanks...good start buddy..

Glenvinl

Interpretation of the advertisment is up to the viewer. Advertising is usually regulated by a broadcasting Authority, so misleading the viewer/consumer can have legal consequences

pushpraj23

It would be more correct if we say that advertising is only for selling product be it diplomatically or by forcefully or by anything that result in selling higher volumes of product.