Should Computers Replace Teachers

anant1a

A teacher has his own Place which cannot be replaced..

But Due to Artificial Intelligenve Computers are taking partial Place of Teachers and with lot of Research and Experiments it wont be wrong to Say that Teachers have been Replaced by COMPUTERS

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I would say, a big NO

Teaching is not a mechanical job, but also an emotional job. A teacher is a person who is responsible for the upbringing of the future of the country, when the parents are not working, so in a way, he/she acts as a parent for those 8 hours.

Would u see parenting feasible by a computer ? NO... right ?

A teacher has to see how a student understand, and then teach him/her in a manner in which he can grasp, sometimes make the topic humorous if its difficult and even attend to the difficulties of the students, where it is academic or personal. So, all these things can't be done by a machine.

I would say that a teacher can take the aid of a computer while teaching, but replacing the teacher, is impossible.

You have trully expressed my feeling about this subject. i totally agree with you.

saigopal

If Human brains can be replaced by a computer chip then Replacement of Teachers by computers is acceptable.

Sai

ankitgokani

MP Guru
With the present wide use of computers, in the course of teaching, more and more teachers are in favour of using computers as an aid in teaching their students or in appropriating the latest information from the Internet. However, I am not a believer in the argument that computers may in the future take the place of teachers in teaching students.
Firstly, the creators of any education program and software need to be teachers or workers in the education system, or programmers who had previously worked in education. Therefore, although students may learn knowledge by computer, the skills and ideas ultimately emanate from the teaching staff.
Secondly, while the computer may offer a correct answer or explanation to students, the comprehension capability of every student varies from student to student, making it is impossible for the computer to offer an explanation catered to a student’s particular level of understanding. However, the teacher is able to undertake this task, as he or she possesses expertise in teaching. For example, when a teacher discovers that many students cannot understand professional knowledge, he or she may offer explanatory examples. The computer, however, may only analyze a question in terms of a simple right or wrong response.
Finally, the teachers are invariably responsible for carrying a dual role. Most teachers act as not only an educator, but also a kind of father or mother-figure in taking care of students in school. The teacher is able to assist parents in solving a child’s mental problems other than imparting daily knowledge. The computer, which is purely an algorithmic electronic device, cannot hope to assist in this regard. In summary, the computer may not play a major role in education in comparison to the benefits of a teacher bestows. However, it is critical that teachers improve their old teaching modes by using computers at some level of educational teaching.

GENERATION GAP

Causes:
• different levels of understanding the issues
• lack of tolerance
• desire to impose one’s point of view(no real communication which has the aim of detecting everybody’s needs and possibilities)
Solutions:
• more openness
• real communication:more time spent together
• desire to know the opposite side and to respect a different view, to accept it
• wish to share each other’s experience
• children can learn from parents,but parents can also learn from children

Education in the largest sense is any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character or physical ability of an individual".In that case I don't believe that computers can replace teachers.The duty of teacher is not only to teach the students the portions in the syllabus, teacher plays the role of a parent, a guide & even a good friend.Teachers can play a good role in overall development of a child which a mindless computer can't.