My College Rocks !!

pooja.teku

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hmmmm my colledge rocks would never say so but still got to say it not all that bad (rocks for one reason ma frnds there hehheh)
I am doing ma BMS from R A PODAR colledge .R A Podar is a colleges that has been given an A+ rating by NAAC
Firstly to start with BMS in podar was started just four yeas back n is tryin to develop.

The Faculty: To start with da vic prici of our coll Mr. S J GUJARATHI wont say much about him coz he realy has his spyies around everywhere u never know..... but yea has imence knwoledge (thanks god he never thought us) give loads of practical example n is not all that bad ... he does hate our batch due to few students n that the reason that he gives why he has never thouht us...
but the new faculty is realyyyyyyy gr8 we have very good prof who realy make the lec very interestin n its not like the old dayz when we use to sleep in the class spl prof like Nikam sir teachin us HRM n our logiatics prof he is way tooo goodd man he realy make the lec veryyyyyyyyy interestin n i can just go on n on about the prof coz this year thanks to gujrati we do have gr8 n i say the best prof

Infrastructure:The building of podar looks antique... i hate the audi its realy bad u know ....wat else to say hmmmm yea we have air condistioned class n the best part is that we have a balcony i guess Podar is the only coll that has a balcony in a class ....the classroom rock mans ......

Festival: thanks to our vice prici we dont have any festival the one we had cyonezer has been scarped our prici wants to have only one festival for the whole coll that is ENIGMA but yea got a say ENIGMA does rock
we also have an intra coll festival RAPPORT it dam cool ... during rapport the whole coll looks alive i just loved it but sadly this year as i am in ty cant participate

The food coner:Studies apart, No other college can top Podar in the Food and Entertainment department. with hotels like Mani’s, Dpz,Ram Naik,Sherry’s,Chinaman etc...(Amazing Food at verrry low costs) and the college canteen does not look all that gr8 (famous for its strong coffee, misal pav and chinese), one is never hungry.

The library is well equipped..... books that we need are alwayz there n if not they do c to it that they r made available....The library subscribes to many periodicals including ‘The Economist’ and News Week’ and 8 news papers......

And wat else to say hmmmm there is also enough space in front of the College.....The campus is okidoki...ther is a huge playground in front of the college

i forgot the crowd of podar it not all that hi fi ..... a more on the Padhakoo side but still not all that bad
to conclude i would only like to say that the coll is gr8 i realy loved it will never forget this whole experience of three years ..... it does have itz bad points but no one is perfect u c so how ever ma coll is i realy m proud to be a PODARITE... n one more thing One must study in Podar for the podar experience

daisychauhan

Hi All,

I am from FORE School of Management, New Delhi.

FORE Stands for : Foundation for Organizational Research and Education.
(FORE) is a center of excellence in Management Education, Research, Training and Consultancy.

FORE has been able to reinvest its surplus and provide ideal infrastructure and facilities to students and faculty to promote an environment for learning.

The unique philosophy of FORE since its establishment in 1981, lays emphasis on being reasonable and fair as well as flexible. Constant upgradation of myriad management skills attains utmost importance in order to achieve competence in the fast changing corporate environment. The MDPs organized by FORE have set out to achieve this objective.

Courses Offered:

PGDBM - Full Time - 2 Yrs
PGDBM - Part Time - 3 Yrs
MCA

We are to have the largest greatest Faculties. Many are former IIM faculties, having high academic credentials with a wide variety of national, international and industrial experience are a part of the FORE family. Eminent experts from the corporate sector and other reputed institutions, who visit FORE.

Ultimately FORE is the BESTEST

lonelysom

well guys....now its my time to explain my colg details... well iam from IBMT, bangalore. its a pure MBA colg. its a avg colg. but students of IBMT always rocks.placement is 100%. but for a good placement u have to work hard. studies and faculty....is just good, not best. but our hostel is one of the rocking hostel.our colg, purely collects guys from MAT. well in all total i can rate my colg 6 out of 10.

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hmmm....I m an active member on this site but somehow I missed to introduce my coll, so here it goes....

The Name: IIPM Mumbai

About IIPM Mumbai: Well many of the students have a wrong notion about IIPM that its not good, very high fees, take admission only after u try for other institutes and so on...but I would like to say that it is not far behind than other premier institutes. The tag line "Dare to think beyond" is apt for the institute because it give a great exposure to a student; academic wise and also makes the student mentally tough.

Courses offered: Only 2 courses are offered i.e. BBA and MBA. BBA is a 3 year undergraduate course and MBA is a two year PG course. As far as specialization goes MARKETING is compulsary and there is an option between HR and FINANCE. So its a dual specialization.

The Campus: Though the campus is not that big enough but its never the less good enough. Its a seven storey tower with a floor dedicated to PLANMAN CONSULTANCY and also has a big conference room.The canteen is good with all the kind of foodstuffs. The classrooms are vast which can accomodate around 60-80 students but it is not centralized AC which is most needed. The library is good enough with lots of books to read on various subjects. Recently it has purchased another tower which has a roof top swimming pool, but we still has never got a chance to see the tower from within.

The Faculty: The faculty is awesome here with lots of knowledge and experience, though there a very few permanent faculties. The other faculties which teach the subjects come from various B-schools frm Mumbai.

The Expertise: I feel this is one area where they put a lot of importance and that is the communication skills. Since the very first trimester till the last trimester the communication skills are sharpened so that there is no fear when we go in the market.

The course: The course is very vast and inclusive with 72 subjects in the two years of MBA. Though I feel that some subjects are unnecessary and should include other specialization subjects frm the 1st trimester itself. The most important thing is the 10-12 days of foreign tour. I went to LONDON and it was simply superb. There we have to attend seminars for 2 hrs and the speaker comes frm well recognized companoes all over the world like BRITISH TELECOM. And we also get to do site seeing .....its like party time for 12 days...

The events: The events are also fantastic. It has LORD OF THE LOUDS as an annual event which is a rock concert supporting a particular cause. It also has a freshers ball which is a real treat for the freshers.

Most important---The Placements: Since the last year there is a rise in the no. of companies coming for placements. A lot of foreign companies are also coming frm Dubai and Singapore. The average salary is 4.3lacs pa.

Finally the crowd: Well I must confess that mostly the rich students come here to do PG. But its still fantastic. I have made some of my best friends within a year and I can never 4get this place as it has given me the most beautiful person on this earth...my GF...:)

So this is all abt my coll and yes it rocks!!!:SugarwareZ-191:

pratikbharti

MP Guru
Well being for so long on MP, I just missed out on the introduction of my college...

Kindly see the attachment below for all the details.
In case of any queries, feel free to mail me anytime on [email protected]

punit_87

Hey IIPM is too controversial... The BBA + MBA in 3 years made a lotta news n i guess tht was d highlight of d controversy surrounding IIPM.....pple r still sceptical bout the degree out there.... Btw wat tests does it accept apart frm CAT?

and Rohan i wuld appreciate if u clear mah doubts bout it... u wuld be d best person to talk bout it as ur studyin in it... Do lemme knw... Thnx

black_mamba

ima from NMIMS...doin B.com(hons)[1st Yr.]...this is the new course started in NMIMS where till now only PG Course were taken......
from this year(2007) they introducd 2 Under-Graduate Course...
B.com(hons) n BBA...both being 3 yr. Course....!!!!

n sure to say NMIMS roxxx da best...!!!

purush_tiwari

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
IMDR was established in 1974 as a constituent unit of the Deccan Education Society.

It took over the MBA programme of the MBA Centre of the University of Pune and the DBM programme, run in the BMCC (a sister institution)
since 1968.

Affiliated to the University of Pune, the IMDR was also a recognised centre for research leading to Ph D. Autonomy In 1977, the IMDR became AN AUTONOMOUS INSTITUTION by voluntarily delinking from the University of Pune. Since then it has carried on its activities, independent of the University or other statutory bodies.

The rationale of this step was stated in these words: "...to make our teaching programmes, methods of teaching and examination more comprehensive, more flexible and more result-oriented....".
www.imdr.edu

reminicism

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi Kartik... i saw this thread today..well if i tell about my college ull definitely say that i am bragging..well let me tell you in detail then..

Introduction:
International Institute of Information Technology (I2IT, pronounced ISquareIT), is at the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, Hinjawadi, in Pune, India.(yeah companies surround us)

I2IT is an autonomous institute inaugurated by Bharat Ratna, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the Honorable President of India, on the 28th of May 2003. Awarded the ‘Maharashtra Information Technology Award 2006’ for achievements in field of IT education I2IT is one of India’s premier technology schools. To tell you the truth,it more technical rather than a management institute. (Awarded one of the best technological school in India). it is financed by Finolex cables.(Finolex's own playground you can say)

College Infrastructure:
Phew that's where i would be scoring high lol.
The college will be finishing it new "technology and Incubation centre" hosting various companies inhouse to have the students an indepth knowlegde of the corporate world even before setting foot on it. It will promote research facilities and provide supercomputing facilities too. ( not this because supercomputing facilities are available only in defence and some geographic analysis dept across India)

It has tie ups with many international institutes and universities. Some of them are Dominican University, Chicago, USA
Lawrence Technological University, USA
Russian-Indian Centre For Computing Research (RICCR), Moscow, Russia
Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Russia
ESSCA, Hungary
ESEO, France
ESIGELEC, France
EPITECH, France
Hunan Science and Technology Vocational Institute, Changsha, China
China Jiangsu / Changzhou College of Information Technology, China
MAE FAH Luang University, (MFLU), Thailand
University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, (BUPT), China
Information and Communications University, (ICU), Daejon, Korea
Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Sahmyook University, Seoul, Korea
... phew

It also has academic alliance with some companies like ALTERA,Cadence,CA (computer associates),FLUENT,Intel (we have multicore labs inaugurated by Intel last year),SAS,SAP, TIBCO,Giesecke & Devrient etc

Streams:
We have various other streams besides management like AST (advanced software technology..creepy guys eek), ANT (advanced network technology), Embedded technologies etc etc etc..and under each stream we have diverse sub funcations and specializations.
Simply in management we have so many specializations like MBA Program in Management, MBA Program in Information Technology, MBA Program in ,Telecom Management, MBA Program in Oil & Gas Management etc
We also have international programs which encourage students exchange programs with other institutes and universities abroad.

Faculty:
the faculty truly speaking are very encouraging..i agree to it that few of them are not worth but on an average faculty is wonderful. some are experienced for 25 years, some 15 years etc and passouts of IIM, ex faculties of IIMs etc. you can see their efforts in the students reports yourself. the teachers interact with the students one to one basis if necessary and the hostel houses some faculty members too for private tuition or extra workloads. most of the faculties are PhD in their filed contributing to about 20-30% of the total faculty strength.
well the basic thing is that the students are very happy about the faculty and proud of it ..seriously

you wont believe that there is always a guest lecture or corporate talk almost 2/3 times a week. if its not for MBA then maybe for other streams like AST or ANT... some companies or speakers come frequently..from abroad or nearby..

Student:
what can i tell about the students... they are much more happy than the management people to be a part of this institute. the basic thing is that there is less stress on students as compared with other colleges.. ours have some 2/3 lectures a day..sometimes 4/5 but not stressful ones.. and students have this cool behavious for that reason.. well we belive in " work hard, party harder" rule.. lol
most of the students get placed except for few who screw themselves..
the highest packgae in our batch is 7.5 lpa and the lowest is 3.4 lpa

hostel:
well this is the best part of the institute i can say... there are three hostels.. nalanda,takshashila, mithila.. hosuing thousands of people in single seater, two seater, three seater or four seater rooms. you can avail of ac room by paying some extra bucks.. and there is nothing like gals section or boys hostel.. rooms are alloted as per first come first serve basis..although..

internet is available 24*7 in hostel and wifi in academic building..
hot water/cold water option..
room cleaning staff every morning..
online notices from warden..and online compliants coming up soon..
we have out own gaming server like CS servers etc..
we have a peer to peer file sharing facility too ..
all students share their data (whatever they want to share..movies,songs, videos, files etc..anything on DC++)
thers is also ip messenger service for fast ip to ip file transfers..chats etc
you will love the hostel facilities..in fact hum ko bigar ke rakha hai hehe

oh i almost forgot...online notifications are also done thorugh mails..
like class cancellations..class recheduling...
and there is online digital library from where we download the slides and reading stuffs..(no need to xerox..no need to ask someone..paperles world eh!)

Lab resources:
wow how can i miss this... its an extensive list..
here it goes..(sorry i had to copy paste lol)
ADVANCED SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY

Oracle 10g
DB2 UDB 8.2

Application Server Technologies
IBM WebSphere
Oracle 10g Application Server
JRun/Tomcat

Application Development Technologies
C, C++, VC++
Java Technologies
.Net Enterprise Framework

Software Development Life Cycle
Software Analysis, Design and Development
Visual Paradigm V4.1
Rational Suite with XDE for Java and .Net
Rational ClearCase
System Architect

Software Testing
WinRunner V7.6
Rational Robot
Rational Functional Tester

Data Warehousing and Data Mining
SAS V9
Oracle 10g

Extended Enterprise Solution
SAP R3

Enterprise Application Integration / Middleware
TIBCO
IBM MQ Series
MS Host Integration Server

Business Process Management
TIBCO iProcess

EMBEDDED SYSTEM DESIGN

Micro Controller Based Design
8051 Family
Rabbit Family
AVR Family
ARM Family
Proteus-VSM Simulation Tool
RIDE Cross Compiler
Kyle Cross Compiler
PC-Lint Testing Tool

Digital Signal Processing
C-Based Simulation Tools for DSP
TI Family Processors (Integer and Floating Point)
TI-OMAP Family Processors
SPARTAN FPGA Tools

Real Time Operating System
u-COS
RTLinux FSM Labs

Smart Card Technology
Giesecke & Devrient Development Tools

MICROELECTRONICS AND VLSI

IC Design Lab
Cadence Suite
Vericity Verification Tools

FPGA Design Lab
Mentor Graphics FPGA Advantage
ALTERA Quartus II
Xilinx WEB PACK ISE

NETWORKING AND TELECOMMUNICATION

Networking Lab
Routers
Cisco 2600 / 2500 / 1700 Series
Switches
Cisco2950 / 1900 Series
Intrasys Switches
D-Link Switches
Cisco Pix Firewall: 515 Series
Boson and RouterSim Simulators

Telecom Lab
Logic Analyser
Digital Storage Oscilloscopes
GL Commmunications Inc Products:
Dual Ultra T1 / E1 Analyzer
ISDN Analyzer
SS7 Analyzer
ATM Analyzer
GSM Analyzer
Trau Analyzer
STM-1 (OC-3) Analyzer
VoIP Packet Gen and Packet Scan Setup
Protocol Application Development Tool Kit

Wireless Lab
Linksys Wireless-G Routers
Linksys Wireless-G Bridges
CDMA Demonstrator
GSM Demonstrator
GPS Demonstrator
Logic Analyser
Digital Storage Oscilloscopes
Advanced Simulation Software's

Optical Networks Lab
Temperature Stabilised Optical Source Modules
WDM Multiplexers
Fused Fiber Couplers
PC based Optical Power Meter
STM-1 (OC-3) Analyser
Fiber Termination Kit

Network Management and Security Lab
IP Traffic Test and measurement Software
ZTI Inc
Checkpoint Safe@Office 400W series Appliances
Cisco Pix Firewall: 515 Series

Computer Associates Inc Lab
CA Unicenter Network and
System Management
CA Unicenter Network Performance Option

COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS

Gambit
Flow Lab
Fluent

COMPUTER ASSOCIATES LAB

Network Management System
CA Unicenter Network and System
CA Unicenter Network Performance Option

Access Control Management
eTrust Audit
eTrust Access Control
eTrust Siteminder B to E

Software Analysis and Design
Allfusion Erwin Data Modeler

Database Technology
Open Ingress

TIBCO LAB

TIBCO BusinessWorks
TIBCO Adapter for ActiveDatabase
TIBCO Adapter for Files
TIBCO Adapter for SAP
TIBCO EMS
TIBCO Adapter SDK
TIBCO iProcess

SAP LAB

SAP R3
SAP CRM
SAP BW

MATLAB

MATLAB 7.0
SIMULINK 6.0
COMMUNICATIONS TOOLBOX 3.0
COMMUNICATIONS BLOCKSET 3.0
SIGNAL PROCESSING TOOLBOX 6.2
SINGAL PROCESSING BLOCKSET 6.0
FILTER DESIGN TOOLBOX 3.0
RF TOOLBOX 1.0
NEURAL NETWORK TOOLBAR 3.0
FUZZY LOGIC TOOLBAR 2.1.3
CONTROL SYSTEMS TOOLBOX 6.0
FIXED -POINT TOOLBOX 1.0
LINK FOR CODE COMPOSER STUDIO 1.3.1
REAL-TIME WORKSHOP 6.0
EMBEDDED TARGET FOR TEXAS INSTRUMENTS C6000TM DSP 2.1
FILTER DESIGN HDL CODER 1.0
IMAGE PROCESSING TOOLBAR 4.2
PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION TOOLBOX 1.0.5
OPTIMIZATION TOOLBOX 3.0

Intel@ Multi-Core Lab
The Lab comprises of the following hardware and software

Hardware:
Dell OptiPlex GX620 Small Form Factor
Intel® Core™ Duo Processor 820 (2.8 GHz)
2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB, IntelEM64T
D620 Integrated Base Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Integrated Intel 945GM Express Chipset
With Windows XP Pro OS preloaded
2 GB NECC Dual Channel DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Memory
80 GB Hard Disk
1.44 MB 3.5" Floppy Drive for Small Form Factor
USB Entry Keyboard / Optical MOuse
24X / 8X Max CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

Software:
Intel C++ compiler, Intel Visual Fortran, Intel Math Kernel Library, Intel IPP, Intel Vtune Performance Analyzer, Intel Thread Checker, Intel Thread Profiler, Intel MPI Library, Intel Trace Analyzer and Intel Threading Building Blocks

Pheww... that was exhaustive man...in fact i missed out some points too here and there..
Have fun guys.. its an intitute for having fun as well as gathering knowledge at your own pace...(dont point your fingers at me if u get pampered lol)
Three cheers to I2IT...

get_amazed

one name:- IIFT Delhi.
(Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi.)
Will be joining soon. Will tell the lives from the heights of MBA.

XIME !!!!!!!!!!!! eightth wonder of the world.. . this college really rokcs... coz v studyy there...... and coz its learning and fun together