Difference between PGDBM , PGDBA , PGDM, MBA, MMS ?

paradise_fan

<h2>MBA Full Form, Difference between PGDBM , PGDBA , PGDM, MMS</h2>​

Whats the difference between PGDBM, PGDBA, PGDM, MBA, MMS Degrees?

There's a lot of confusion these days and I myself was wondering a few days back what the difference was and I found out the answer so thought of sharing it with all of you.

Keep-Calm-And-Read-Difference-Between-Pgdbm-Pgdba-Pgdm-Mba.jpg

PGDBM = Post graduation diploma in business management
PGDBA = Post graduation diploma in business administration
PGDM = Post graduation diploma in management
MBA = Masters in Business Administration
MMS = Masters in Management Studies

All of this is equivalent to an mba degree.

India has accepted the UGC format for course content and hence all UNIVERSITIES can give degrees, so they give a MBA degree, also known as MMS in mumbai.

All reputed institutes on the other hand, design their own courses according to industry feedback to gain reputation and hence they are not under the UGC, which means they cannot offer degrees and hence they offer diplomas.

The difference between all these degrees is only for name sake. At the end of the day, institute reputation matters more than the name of the degree and so you can call it whatever you want, at the end of the day.. its equivalent to good ol' MBA :pop2:

Last edited by a moderator:

rakshanda

Hi guys,
I have completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) in ISBM (Indian School of Business Management and Administration). at Mira Road Bombay. really Is an institution which provides young Indians a path for development in their career as well personal and professional life.
(isbm org mira road)

bbageek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
All these dubious course names make us difficult to decide a proper course of study. However, at the end there's really not much difference. I would just go for a most reputed (or common) course, so that you don't have to explain its meaning to everyone. Yeah, I will just go for an MBA!

All are different in degree by different institute and university.
PGDBM:-it is a diploma Degree for business management
PGDBA:-It is a diploma degree in business analyst.
PGDM:- It is n post graduate diploma in management provided by est B schools
MBA:- It isa master degree business program provided by University.
MMS:-It is a course for master degree in management

Same Institute providing post graduate diploma in international business Management.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to to know which of these post graduation courses in the near future would have more scope whether it is

Is it necessary to do Post graduate courses after your bachelor's degree.

neenadsarangj

Was looking out for mba full form but by reading this article helped me clearing confusion on PGDBM, MBA, PGDBA, PGDBM, PGDBM. Thanks Management scholars

neenadsarangj

<h2>MBA Full Form, Difference between PGDBM , PGDBA , PGDM, MMS</h2>​

Whats the difference between PGDBM, PGDBA, PGDM, MBA, MMS Degrees?

There's a lot of confusion these days and I myself was wondering a few days back what the difference was and I found out the answer so thought of sharing it with all of you.

All of this is equivalent to an mba degree.

India has accepted the UGC format for course content and hence all UNIVERSITIES can give degrees, so they give a MBA degree, also known as MMS in mumbai.

All reputed institutes on the other hand, design their own courses according to industry feedback to gain reputation and hence they are not under the UGC, which means they cannot offer degrees and hence they offer diplomas.

The difference between all these degrees is only for name sake. At the end of the day, institute reputation matters more than the name of the degree and so you can call it whatever you want, at the end of the day.. its equivalent to good ol' MBA :pop2:

:SugarwareZ-064:
When an Institute is not affiliated to any University or autonomous body that conducts management courses cannot offer MBA degree hence degree obtained from such Institute is known as Post Graduate Diploma in Management PGDM.
while
MBA Universities can grant Degree.

mp_connect

Management Paradise Admin
Yes, do note that you should take admission in a PDGBM programme only if it is approved by the UGC or HRD ministry of govt of India.

ManviJain

A degree from a good college can make all the difference. My friend had her post graduation courses from ITM Institute of Technology and Management and that made the job search a cakewalk for her. She got shortlisted for some of the best companies. Her subject knowledge helped her get shortlisted for good jobs.

The beginning of a good career is definitely in a good college. That is the reason I recommend ITM Institute of Technology and Management. The staff there is well versed with the subjects and have a thorough knowledge. They act as guides and help the student grasp the subject very well in post graduation courses.