Talk to your Potential Customers Rather Interact

sunandaC

Consumers are getting smarter and making choices. We are no longer telling them what to buy, they are listening to other consumers and paying attention to word-of-mouth marketing now more than ever.

It's time for advertising executives to stop scratching their heads and pay attention to overwhelming statistics that show consumers now want to be interacted and engaged with. Stop shouting at them - in today's society if it's not interactive it's just interruptive.

Now, we can all sit back in our high back chair and look out our windows and ignore what consumers are saying, but I'll be the first to tell you that you just might be the next business that closes their doors if you don't pay attention. The revolution of how marketing is changing is critical and if you don't pay attention, you are putting your business at risk.

When we engage and we interact with potential customers, they listen. They are more receptive to hearing our message and paying attention to our brand. Studies are showing that consumers are willing to engage with and buy from brands that interact and engage with them.

I know I write for a tough crowd that always wants statistics - I don't blame you. I have a few to share that I think will have you taking a closer look at interactive marketing if you aren't already.

Performics and ROI recently did a study on 3,000 individuals and found the following:

34% of those who participated said that they have used a search engine to find information on a product, service, or a brand after they saw an advertisement on a social networking site.

30% learned about a new product, service or brand on a social networking site.

32% said that messages about printable coupons on social sites resonate with them.

28% of those responded said that messages about sales or special deal notifications resonated with them.
The study also showed that that one in four respondents have four or more active social network accounts and more than one quarter of them access their Facebook or Twitter Account at least once a day via their mobile phone. Are they finding you and your products or services? Are you talking to them?

When we look at traditional means of marketing, we can see that consumer behavior is changing and that potential customers do not like to be interrupted with our marketing messages. They are screaming at us "enough is enough."

Are traditional marketing methods really dying? I think you can answer that on your own without any research statistics. All you have to do is think of your own lifestyle and those around you for a moment.

How many times do you flip past an advertising page when you are reading a magazine?
How many of you block channels on your television? If you don't block the channels how many of you fast-forward through the commercials?
When was the last time you picked up the yellow pages?
Do you have a spam filter on your email inbox?
How often do you change the radio station when you hear a commercial?
Consumers are just like you - as a matter of fact they are you.

As consumers, we have become so bombarded with marketing messages that not only have we become desensitized, but we have started to acquire our own series of filters to counteract the overstimulation.

Consumers are getting smarter and making choices. We are no longer telling them what to buy, they are listening to other consumers and paying attention to word-of-mouth marketing now more than ever.

It's time for advertising executives to stop scratching their heads and pay attention to overwhelming statistics that show consumers now want to be interacted and engaged with. Stop shouting at them - in today's society if it's not interactive it's just interruptive.

Now, we can all sit back in our high back chair and look out our windows and ignore what consumers are saying, but I'll be the first to tell you that you just might be the next business that closes their doors if you don't pay attention. The revolution of how marketing is changing is critical and if you don't pay attention, you are putting your business at risk.

When we engage and we interact with potential customers, they listen. They are more receptive to hearing our message and paying attention to our brand. Studies are showing that consumers are willing to engage with and buy from brands that interact and engage with them.

I know I write for a tough crowd that always wants statistics - I don't blame you. I have a few to share that I think will have you taking a closer look at interactive marketing if you aren't already.

Performics and ROI recently did a study on 3,000 individuals and found the following:

34% of those who participated said that they have used a search engine to find information on a product, service, or a brand after they saw an advertisement on a social networking site.

30% learned about a new product, service or brand on a social networking site.

32% said that messages about printable coupons on social sites resonate with them.

28% of those responded said that messages about sales or special deal notifications resonated with them.
The study also showed that that one in four respondents have four or more active social network accounts and more than one quarter of them access their Facebook or Twitter Account at least once a day via their mobile phone. Are they finding you and your products or services? Are you talking to them?

When we look at traditional means of marketing, we can see that consumer behavior is changing and that potential customers do not like to be interrupted with our marketing messages. They are screaming at us "enough is enough."

Are traditional marketing methods really dying? I think you can answer that on your own without any research statistics. All you have to do is think of your own lifestyle and those around you for a moment.

How many times do you flip past an advertising page when you are reading a magazine?
How many of you block channels on your television? If you don't block the channels how many of you fast-forward through the commercials?
When was the last time you picked up the yellow pages?
Do you have a spam filter on your email inbox?
How often do you change the radio station when you hear a commercial?
Consumers are just like you - as a matter of fact they are you.

As consumers, we have become so bombarded with marketing messages that not only have we become desensitized, but we have started to acquire our own series of filters to counteract the overstimulation.

Hi, i really thanks to you for sharing the report on Potential Customers and it will also help those who are planning for assignments. Well, i am also sharing a presentation which would help others, so download and check it.

Attachments

• Potential Customers.pdf
    252.4 KB · Views: 0