Would u take or give dowry for your marriage?

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi evrybody,
Dowry is so much a part of Indian sytem. Even though there is rule restricting it ( in paper works) we all know it is practised even now.

But i am proud to say that KANNUR is a one place which i know in kerala when dowry system doesnt exist (probably due to the rule of Marxist party at that time..... dont know the exact info about the initiator, but hats off to u guys). If a boy asks for dowry it would be considered shameful on his part to ask becoz that would mean he's not capable enough! Infact the groom is suppose to buy evrythng for the bride for marriage ceremony...interesting naaa.

So now tell me have any of ur family members taken or given dowry? Or would u give or take dowry?

COME ON.... let us see how we are progressing!!!!

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
hi evrybody,
Dowry is so much a part of Indian sytem. Even though there is rule restricting it ( in paper works) we all know it is practised even now.

But i am proud to say that KANNUR is a one place which i know in kerala when dowry system doesnt exist (probably due to the rule of Marxist party at that time..... dont know the exact info about the initiator, but hats off to u guys). If a boy asks for dowry it would be considered shameful on his part to ask becoz that would mean he's not capable enough! Infact the groom is suppose to buy evrythng for the bride for marriage ceremony...interesting naaa.

So now tell me have any of ur family members taken or given dowry? Or would u give or take dowry?

COME ON.... let us see how we are progressing!!!!
Very interesting topic...

I totally agree that dowry is a very bad practice and in my opinion, the guy who asks for dowry shamefully , can not be considered capable from any angles... These days guys and girls should become self dependent, so that they can take care of each other and their parents also.

Rightfully what Munshi premchand said "Agar mera bas chale toh mai dhahej lene aur dene walon, dono ko goli maar dun" [If had it been my will, i would have shot both the ones who take and those who give dowry]

roshcrazy

MP Guru
no, askin for dowry..is a crime...if d guy or his family happens 2 ask dowry..i guess they jus cravin for money...

so many families mentally torture d gals for money...even after gettin dowry..they want more n more and they harass d gal n keep askin for more....

i strongly believe tht such ppl must be punished.infact these days action is been taken agnst such crimes...i had been to central jail durin my IV...majority of ppl were locked up bcoz of dowry...

dowry must certainly nt be encouraged..

mando25

I completely agree. Till a few months back, I was under the impression that with our generation, the system of dowry is finally meeting it's end. But when some of my friends started to get married, I was shocked with their thinking. They treat dowry as a right and have already planned for the money they are going to recieve.
If this is the condition of the educated youth of today, it is not hard to imagine what would be happening with the less educated.

cpswain

why not Dowry?whaen I have spent so much on my education n up bringing.then why should not i paid for this.the girl will enjoy the better life with me.when i'm getting so ,much with out any risk,why should not I...

roshcrazy

MP Guru
why not Dowry?whaen I have spent so much on my education n up bringing..

well fren,u spent sooooo much on education for urself n ur upbringing nt for d gal u gettin married to......if u regret soo much tht u spent on ur education, i guess u shdnt hv taken up studies...u spent ur money on urself n on ur will..tht was ur choice..wht has d gal u gettin married got 2 do wid it...!?!!!?!!

then why should not i paid for this.the girl will enjoy the better life with me....when i'm getting so ,much with out any risk,why should not I..
:SugarwareZ-064: trust me, no gal wud enjoy such so-called better lyf ..:|
i wonder, wht makes u call it BETTER LIFE!?!!

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Why not a dowry?Husband is going to take care of the girl,gng to become his wife, for her entire life.So in this world nothing comes for free.So we can have dowry.

-Deepak.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
cpswain said:
why not Dowry?whaen I have spent so much on my education n up bringing.then why should not i paid for this.the girl will enjoy the better life with me.when i'm getting so ,much with out any risk,why should not I...

deepakraam said:
Why not a dowry?Husband is going to take care of the girl,gng to become his wife, for her entire life.So in this world nothing comes for free.So we can have dowry.

-Deepak.

So, u u guys and all the guys out there (who are in the favour of dowry)

here are some questions...

1) Why do u want to marry and get a burden.... Don't ask for burden and hence, u won't need to ask for money also...

2) And if u still feel the need... then why study or work....

Cpswain, why do u need to study or work? U could simply get married to a well-qualified, high-earning girl and instead ur parents could give dowry to the girl....

How would u feel then? Ur comments on 'why i should not get paid for it' seem very cheap here.... more so like a hooker saying... i did so-and-so as u asked and now pay me... Pls don't feel upset, but the word "paid" reflects this. If u're taking a risk in ur life, so is the girl... Do u really want to prove that u're a big loser who isn't capable of taking care of her, but needs his papa's money ??

I am sorry to say guys, but this is narrow-minded thinking... Who says girls want to sit at home and earn free bread.... Look around and u will find girls who are equally ambitious as guys and want to do something in their life and support their families.

So is ur asking for dowry justified... ??

Deepak, let me ask u.... why do u think that a husband alone will take care of the girl.... i feel the girl contributes equally as the boy... unless u are thinking that the girl is some house-maid...

Yep! nothing comes free of cost.... U get married to a girl who would be taking care of u the rest of her life, give u ur family heir, take care of ur parents.... Isn't all this the cost she is paying through marriage (according to ur definition)

Then in this so-called transaction, where does money come into play.

If u guys think, that u're doing a favour on someone by marrying them and asking for a payment for them.... Think again.... Girls would prefer to show u the "middle finger" and walk away...

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
So, u u guys and all the guys out there (who are in the favour of dowry)

here are some questions...

1) Why do u want to marry and get a burden.... Don't ask for burden and hence, u won't need to ask for money also...

2) And if u still feel the need... then why study or work....

Cpswain, why do u need to study or work? U could simply get married to a well-qualified, high-earning girl and instead ur parents could give dowry to the girl....

How would u feel then? Ur comments on 'why i should not get paid for it' seem very cheap here.... more so like a hooker saying... i did so-and-so as u asked and now pay me... Pls don't feel upset, but the word "paid" reflects this. If u're taking a risk in ur life, so is the girl... Do u really want to prove that u're a big loser who isn't capable of taking care of her, but needs his papa's money ??

I am sorry to say guys, but this is narrow-minded thinking... Who says girls want to sit at home and earn free bread.... Look around and u will find girls who are equally ambitious as guys and want to do something in their life and support their families.

So is ur asking for dowry justified... ??

Deepak, let me ask u.... why do u think that a husband alone will take care of the girl.... i feel the girl contributes equally as the boy... unless u are thinking that the girl is some house-maid...

Yep! nothing comes free of cost.... U get married to a girl who would be taking care of u the rest of her life, give u ur family heir, take care of ur parents.... Isn't all this the cost she is paying through marriage (according to ur definition)

Then in this so-called transaction, where does money come into play.

If u guys think, that u're doing a favour on someone by marrying them and asking for a payment for them.... Think again.... Girls would prefer to show u the "middle finger" and walk away...

I agree wit u gaurav. I am completely shocked to see that even in this site we have educated people thinking that dowry is their right. really shameful n shocking!!!!

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

-Deepak.

I am sorry, but its very SHAMEFUL of u people who are educated speaking about dowry as your right. TOday men are not the only breadwinner at home. Even women work. we can even see that at certain place women are running the home n men are just wasting the money on drinks n gambling.
Whats the guarantee that u people would take good care of the women you marry? IF U ARE TAKING MONEY FROM HER FOR "YOUR" LIFE ITS BETTER INSTEAD OF BRINGING TO YOUR HOME U BETTER STAY AT HERS.
R u running an orphanage or institute where u say come marry me n alos submit the money.. i'll take good care of u!!!!!!!!!
If people are spending to educate a boy then they are equally spending on a girl child's education. That is the reason why i am able to give my opinion in this site.
I think we get such of thinking because of our family's thinking. The way in which they have moulded our thinking.
So people, please educate your child morally well or else we are going to have many future geeks who are INCAPABLE of taking care of their girl

rajee_85

Dowry taking is a crime and one should be punished for it. But unfortunately most of the people don’t think like that. Even my cousins got married by giving heavy dowry. If one is not willing to give dowry they don’t get married. What happens to our educated men, in fact people who are well educated they demand more dowries? How could dowry be eliminated? How could law be enforced properly when whole society is doing this crime?

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
How could dowry be eliminated? How could law be enforced properly when whole society is doing this crime?

I think it i very difficult to report and then prove such crimes. I think the responsibility should lie with the guys... They should be bold enough to say .... "Dowry?? No, Thank You!"

Only when they learn to say NO, can they become a real man, and only then can this be eliminated...

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii everyone...
so here are my views:

1st of all unlike others i wud really like to thank those guys who dare to say taht they have no problem iin taking dowry!!! atleast they have guts to say taht!!! which is considered as the 1st step in changing the behavior!!!

we all have different opinions ..its only whn we stick to our rationale then we are able to talk...abt those who condemn the "guys" should actually refrain..i wud better be presenting my view rather than insulting( ya i did feel like that after reading the harsh comments) them!!!

first.. what is dowry??
is it anything taht is given by bride's family to groom ..or is it smthing which is forcefully taken frm bride's family?
if the groom demands sm money...so still the situation is much better as bride has always the option to move on...so i dn't feel anything bad in that!!!

if the person is satisfied with watevr he has got then its an ideal case!!
but if the person pretends to be satisfied...here comes the catche!!!then its a problem:he may / may not demand dowry afterwards...then also i feel its more of bride's freedom to actually stay or leave...

but whn she is nt led to leave...then its crime...fr which legal action can be taken...

after all this the problem is taht girls usually dn't complain as they have been tld taht they have to stay with their partner , doesn't matter wat he does!!so in order to be taht guddy guddy papa's girl...she stays back!! they dn't think taht their one such step actiually leads to hell ...their life as well as their chidren!!!

so many a times wat we sarcastically call as women empowerment is really needed there although a strict warning is to APPLY YOUR BRAINS B'FORE REACTING!!! as many a times girls do hullaboo without any reason jus to have media empathy( few recent dowry cases on news channels were found to be foaxed!!)

take care
anu

akila2187

the main problem with india is tat many females r unaware about the law and rule tat protects them frm dowry abuse... very few literate women kno about the organisations who work for their rights...... firstly they need to be made known.... and secondly the places where such practises exsits the women are totaly illiterate and unaware of these laws....

for this the groom need to be made to kno tat he too can raise voice againts his family if they demand dowry .... by this this system and be reduced.. and again my spreading the awareness about these rules and the organisations where these women and seek help ... can create a huge difference........

arora

no dowry.... if u think dat jus bcoz u will take care of ur wife, u can take dowry, then u 2 should pay her bcoz she too will take ur care along wid ur family... infact u need to pay more....

sheetal k

for this particular question ther is no thoinking that is to be done, it needs to b spontanious a clear cut straight no! its then i would say v hv progressed!it needs to be implicit!