Salary Capping

ankitgokani

MP Guru
In professional sports, a salary cap (often called a wage cap in the United Kingdom) is a limit on the amount of money a team can spend on player salaries, either as a per-player limit or a total limit for the team's roster (or both). Several sports leagues have made salary caps mandatory, both as a method of keeping overall costs down, and in order to balance the league so a wealthy team cannot become dominant simply by buying all the top players. Salary caps are often the major issue in negotiations between management and players' unions.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I would say this is mandatory atleast in IPL where the players salary will soon touch the Bill Gates personal wealth.The salary is not proportional to the no.of runs they have scored in IPL.The team which was cheapest in the tournament went on to win the cup.I would recommend some capping should be there in the money.On the otherhand if there is capping the salary the endorsement rates will increase.So ultimately its gng to be a always-win situation for the players.

-Deepak.

rosemarry2

MP Guru
In professional sports, a salary cap (often called a wage cap in the United Kingdom) is a limit on the amount of money a team can spend on player salaries, either as a per-player limit or a total limit for the team's roster (or both). Several sports leagues have made salary caps mandatory, both as a method of keeping overall costs down, and in order to balance the league so a wealthy team cannot become dominant simply by buying all the top players. Salary caps are often the major issue in negotiations between management and players' unions.

hello dear,

Well, i found some information on Effect of Salary Caps in Professional Team Sports on Social Welfare and wanna share it with you and other's. So please download and check it.

Attachments

• Effect of Salary Caps in Professional Team Sports on Social Welfare.pdf
    255.5 KB · Views: 0

jayashreemarg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Salary Capping is the limit placed on a salary paid out to employees set and enforced by the government or another organisation.

Buyrakhi

The gap between rich and poor, the haves and the have nots, will continue to widen as long as the current world economic system is in place. What will it take before a revolution takes place and the people are willing to stand up and say "NO MORE". History will repeat...It's just a matter of time...