Indian Heroes : Indian Entrepreneurs/BIOGRAPHIES

yshah84

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
all this info is really gud...bu can any1 has a combined report on this subject...can post it in word document or pdf format...pls

prasadrao

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
its definitely a good thread as v get more info on the emminent entrepreneurs
its only only influential or motivating but also creates a sense of curiosity to be working in their shoes and work wid dedication

khaitansaket

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
its without doubt that MS Oberio has been one of the great entreprenuers of india....so if u get chance please go through his biography

nithinsnair

C K Ranganathan, chairman and managing director of CavinKare, has
shown the world it is possible to beat the multinationals even in the most difficult
market of fast moving consumer goods.
Ranganathan's journey, which started from a small town of Cuddalore in
Tamil Nadu, has been an amazing one. A business which he started with only with
Rs 15,000 is now worth Rs 500 crore (Rs 5 billion).
He learnt the first entrepreneurial lessons from his father, Chinni Krishnan,
who started a small-scale pharmaceutical packaging unit, before moving on to
manufacture pharmaceutical products and cosmetics.

vineesrockin

:SugarwareZ-079::SugarwareZ-079::SugarwareZ-079::SugarwareZ-079::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279::SugarwareZ-279:

TechKishore

Good Thread. Also read Vir Sanghvi's book Men of Steel. Good one about entrpreneurs. Can also be read from his blog virsanghvi.com.

JUST BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

They are famous and well known, I would present you with the list where the personalities have worked like heroes but never got any appreciation for that.

As the new generation of Indian shooters gunned down a record number of medals at the Glasgow Games, former shooter Roopa Unnikrishnan who battled the system and became the first Indian woman shooter to win a CWG gold medal - rifle prone at Kuala Lumpur Games in 1998 - is happy that her favourite sport is progressing in the right direction.

Roopa, who had won a silver in 50m rifle 3 position in Victoria in 1994 to improve on Soma Dutta's bronze in 1990, said recalling her heydays: "Playing a sport in India, especially if it was not cricket or maybe tennis, used to require a certain amount of philosophical resignation, at least when I was in the thick of things in the 90s and early 2000s."

The former shooter, who won the Rhodes scholarship and went to Oxford and now works as a consultant in USA, has not forgotten the harrowing experiences especially at the Anna University when she was told that shooting was not in their list. "What did the broader Indian system do? The visionary, if controversial, TN chief minister Jayalalitha did reward my CWG silver with a check for importing shooting equipment and a commitment to support my travel. On the other hand, as an FC who had "only" 96% in my exams, I was told by Anna University's interview board that shooting was not in their list of sports. This after I had already started winning medals for India. They sniggered at my certificates and medals. That year, they selected a district level rower and a tennis player. Where are they now, I wonder?" she said in an email interview to TOI.

Asked how she got hooked to the sport, Roopa, daughter of a former top cop, said: "My parents, Unnikrishnan and Jayasree, first introduced me to shooting when I was around 12. Having had the chance to try a shot while visiting a police range, I was hooked. Annie Oakley was certainly on my mind, as I pestered my father to take me to the shooting club in Chennai. My first true competition was at Madras Rifle Club, where I used an old Anschutz (rifle) lent by AR Krishnamurthy and soon I began to stack state juniors awards and women's trophies with the Kirkee fire Indian shots which had a 50 per cent chance of shooting high or low on a target." Roopa credits her success to the guidance of coach AJ Jalaludin. "The coaching instructions from my coach often had a layer of wisdom that spanned beyond the sport into life," she said.

The former shooter?, who won the Arjuna award in 1999, also says, with a tinge of sadness, that her achievements went mostly unrecognized. "I came back to India two days after the medal ceremony (in 1998), and some small part of my heart hoped that at last there would be some kind of recognition. I got off the plane, and there they were - the same people who had been there through thick and thin - my family, Jalal-uncle, a few friends and one person from the Madras Rifle Club at the airport. I suspect that was the last straw for me. In many ways, I had worked hard to keep playing the sport for my country while also keeping my education going. The scales tipped that day at Madras airport," she said.

"My letters to Tatas was rewarded with a letter from Ratan Tata and a check for Rs. 5,000. Another one to Indian Bank asking for support for my shooting netted Rs 50,000. That was it.

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think we must include the biographies of Founders of new age companies like - Flipkart, Snapdeal, InMobi, Sheroes, RedBus, Zomato, Shopclues etc?

senpayal571

Ratika Shetty
The landscape of Indian business is evolving at the speed of light. The ideologies and principles of the younger generation are more refined and businesses are going beyond the usual mapping defined a decade ago. One who deserves a worthwhile mention on broadening the horizon is Varun Manian. At a very young age, he managed to not only surge as an entrepreneur but also look out for the welfare of society.

Last edited by a moderator: