Is it Right for Google to show a detailed Map

jijo.thomas

Google has recently introduced the Map search all you need to do is visit www.maps.google.com and put the name of the city that you wish to get the details, it has a unique search that will show you the Pubs,Clubs, Schools, Clear road direction and even the name of the Society. With the increase in terrorism is it right to make such information available to everyone also with the satellite version it would tell you the Latitude and the Longitude of that place.So should this be blocked. Isn't it a threat to the nation. Awaiting your Comment I belive it should be banned. What Say?:SugarwareZ-158: :SugarwareZ-158: :SugarwareZ-158:

atulbhasin

If you take it positively - If Google can see it, anyone can see it! It is a major security concern. It is an oppurtunity for our DRDO to find out a solution to hide such sensitive establishments.

ranga_pec

All these information is already available for US and they did not face a threat due to this. I do not see why india needs to be worried.

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
don't look at this from the bad side. it is helpful for me to find places before i visit some place. i believe that they should increase it's capability and update regularly....

icecubez

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yeh jijo..look at the positive side...also before launching this service, the concerned authority of our nation wud have been in talks with google, and when they think it doesnt hamper the security of our nation, we shudnt worry ! no offense !

kash_pvr

probably its dangerous for the defence of a country....but most of the highly secretive installation are...basically "secret!" ... so they might not show up on google search... if it does get pop on the regular search over the internet then it is not secretive enough and the governments should think about chagin the place.!!

moreover it provides easy access to various places...places you would'nt have seen or known..!! :)

PS: most of the R&D establishments related to Defence ministry are built underground or inside hills...this is true...atleast in the case of americans :D

I think there is no need to fear about it. Google maps provides us many facilities like gives the layout of roads, the places of cities, state borders, geographical attributes, restaurant reviews and satellite images. Google presents the Street View perspective, enabling you to see houses, storefronts etc.

jayashreemarg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
This is a good valid point mentioned by you. But it cannot be taken back as it has lot of benefits to offer for millions of online visitors.

Last edited by a moderator:

gauravsri

It doesn't provide details for high security government places. Also, maps are old and not showing the latest security details.

Anololkapa

I think. If they service is to provide map, then it is more beneficial to the users if it more detailed. But i think also that it should have limits, like blurred maps on private places

NalaLyla

Not sure if Google maps are provoking terrorism, cuz if person is up to damage somebody - s/he would find a way for it.

poornima lagadapati

Google has recently introduced the Map search all you need to do is visit www.maps.google.com and put the name of the city that you wish to get the details, it has a unique search that will show you the Pubs,Clubs, Schools, Clear road direction and even the name of the Society. With the increase in terrorism is it right to make such information available to everyone also with the satellite version it would tell you the Latitude and the Longitude of that place.So should this be blocked. Isn't it a threat to the nation. Awaiting your Comment I belive it should be banned. What Say?:SugarwareZ-158: :SugarwareZ-158: :SugarwareZ-158:

Yes there may be chances but Google is such a great thing won't let mistakes done. Don't take it badly