Improving skills in DI

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
thanks a lottt for the posttt

Kind request to all the members:

Instead of just posting thanks, it is advisable to make some sound contributions. You can make make some good postings in the projects sections, or the articles section or the big fight section.

Post some nice jokes in the laughter section. This will increase the user participation also.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
hey gaurav thanx man! can u post practice papers of DI contains ( deductive reasoning)
I don't think i've any more sectional papers. What u can do is check out the previous years CAT papers and other exams and the sample papers and practice their DI/DS sections.

Rave_Knuja

Hello Gaurav!
I wanted to ask a Que. regarding DI n LR.
many of my freinds told me one can only score in this sections by practising as many sets one can. I have practised accordingly but to my parody am still not gettin a good score.Is there any other way you can suggest to improve the DI and LR section ?

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Hello Gaurav!
I wanted to ask a Que. regarding DI n LR.
many of my freinds told me one can only score in this sections by practising as many sets one can. I have practised accordingly but to my parody am still not gettin a good score.Is there any other way you can suggest to improve the DI and LR section ?

Hi Rave_Knuja (cool nick by the way :smile: )

Let's take DI first. The essence of DI is to be able to comprehend and calculate very fast. Since managers are supposed to be good at deduction, hence, they should be able to assimilate and analyse a lot of data. This is why your skills in DI are tested.

First you need to understand what is going wrong... Is it that you're slow in understanding the questions, or whether you make calculation mistakes, etc. Why it is said that one must practice a lot of questions is to get that experience from a wide variety of questions, so that once you have the question in front of you, you just know what to do with it.

Speed can be taken care of only when you have achieved sufficient amount of accuracy. Moreover, as you keep on doing more and more type of questions, you get the flair and then your speed automatically goes up.

As for LR, there is no hard and fast rule. The more you solve in it, the more you understand the different types. Everytime you solve a question, find out its correct answer and see what is the reason behind that answer and how different was it from your own thinking. This way, you will be able to think correctly while solving LR questions.

If you have more doubts, feel free to ask me.