What is Captive Product Pricing?

joshi.murgha

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey Friend's I am searching for Definition and meaning of Captive Product Pricing.

If anyone have some information on Captive Product Pricing.
Please Share with me. Thank you.

raj_verma61

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey Friend's I am searching for Definition and meaning of Captive Product Pricing.

Captive products are those products which have to be necessarily used with an accompanying product. Captive product pricing is the pricing strategy for these kinds of products. Generally, the accompanied product is priced low because it is one time purchase. Captive products experience repetitive purchase and are hence priced higher. It is a product mix pricing strategy for a low mark-up on accompanying product and a high mark-up on the captive product.

The low price of the accompanying (generally the core product) attracts the customers. This product cannot be used without its supporting captive products which result in frequent purchases prices at a higher rate. However, care must be taken not to make the captive product so expensive that it makes the purchase of the core product unattractive.

For example, printers are generally low cost compared to the ink cartridges which are expensive and have to be bought again from time to time.

bhautik.kawa

Hey Murgha,

Here i am up-loading Captive Product Pricing, please check attachment below.

Attachments

• Captive Product Pricing.pdf
    235.3 KB · Views: 0