Succession Planning

rasrajmishra

Today's scenario in the corporate world...what should be better option for the Succession Planning whether Internal or external succession planning...

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I feel internal succession planning is better than going for a head hunt outside. The reason being employees within the organization who qualify for these kind of posts would have already been with the company for a pretty long time proving their loyalty to the organization, would have a deep knowledge and experience about that industry and the working of that particular company and most important of all would know about the quality and way to engage optimally the resource of utmost importance that is the human resource..the best example would be that of Cyrus Mistry in case of the TATAs.

Succession planning is a procedure for determining and building internal people with the prospective to complete key business leadership positions in the company. Succession planning raises the accessibility of knowledgeable and able employees that are ready to assume these roles as they become available.

camryn643

Banned
Succession planning is a procedure for identifying and developing inside those with the opportunity to fill key organization leadership positions within the company. Succession organizing increases the option of experienced and capable staff that are prepared to assume these jobs since they turn out to be readily available.

jayashreemarg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Internal succession is a good idea to go with rather than external succession where the success is measured as a probability.

Last edited by a moderator: