Is it fruitful to be 100% honest at work space?

gurpreetsingh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
By this question I mean really 100% honesty. When we want a leave the most common reason we give is "I am sick , I can't come." Is this attitude right? Not talking just about morals but in case we tell the truth that "I am not feeling good enough to come to the office" Does that create a wrong impression?? Sometimes we give lame reasons for not completing work on time. Are such lame reasons acceptable? If not than what kind of impression co we create when we say such almost baseless things!! The question is simple: Is it really fruitful to be 100% honest at work?

shreyadas

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well over here let me start with this very common but a fact quote

"you need to say a lie to cover up another lie already said and hence the chain starts"

Hence according to me staying honest would be very helpful for you on priority basis, because its no one else but you need to answer to your self - your inner guilt (PS - this depends on what kinda person you are !)

you would go on lying but you might never know there would be someone who is known to all your lies not necessarily your boss it could be your colleague or so ............and BOSS as a matter a fact truth possess witness and facts to quote although it is said that you cannot prove the truth - i would say that sometimes you can when it is objective and not subjective and in your limits.

For all the liars at the office -- BEWARE because there's gonna be a truthful and honest person whom you know and fear from within but you might show........but you know you are conscious about them

hmm at the end i would say it varies according the kinda of support the one who lies receives from their superiors ---

well over here i salute the skills of the liar who can create a intangible wall of supremacy which actually does not exist

uff that was too much said by me.. guess got everything out of me this time

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Lame excuses or even if it is serious reasons, sometimes it is considered really odd and not believed. It is really not being 100%u0025 honest to others, it is just being honest and trustworthy to yourself. Like Shreya says, one can never stop with a lie.

The best part of being true is, you don't have to remember what you said. A liar always has to remember all his excuses so that he will have maintain the same story.

Lets not consider to be a liar but someone who can adjust well in the adjust according to the given situation, sometimes you might have to tell a lie for a good reason and it does happen.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
It depends on the situation, sometime you can't be 100%u0025 honest at workplace. You may have to mend according to how things work.

I believe if someone stick to honesty in every single act of life then you are going to put you in a lot of problems. Sometimes we have to follow dishonesty for our survival. Always listen to other ideas and advice but do what you want to do.