Career Profiles in Banking and Finance domain

gyanjourney

Hi Guys,

I would like to enumerate some of the career profiles in the Finance domain.

• Corporate Banking
  • Retail banking
  • Corporate Credit-Credit Appraisal
  • Investment Banking- M&A, IPO, Underwriting
  • Financial Risk Management
  • Insurance Industry
  • Fixed income/Money markets - Trader/Dealer
  • Investments Management(Fund/Portfolio management)
  • Equity - Buy Side/Sell side
  • Financial Operations-Backoffice

Kindly add to above list, if i have missed out something.

Regards,
GyanJourney
GyanJourney.com

thenewsamaritan

A detailed analysis of some of the roles:
Corporate Banking - Credit analysts and managers, basically analyse the needs of the client, the risk involved in giving credit to the client, structuring of the credit line etc.

Retail Banking - Sales managers, officers, relationship managers - driving the sales of products of products

Fixed Income - bonds etc (since you get a fixed income from these instruments) - like the above post said traders, dealers

Investments management - Relationship manager, Investment advisor or manager - you have a portfolio of investments (can be an aggregation of equity, mutual funds, real estates, commodities like gold, real estate and even more) and the primary responsibility one has is to increase the value of the portfolio of the client.

Last edited:

thenewsamaritan

Equity roles are like Equity research, trading roles (usually NBFCs and Private banks recruit for these roles..but the skill set required here is great)

Last edited:

PR_mp

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Haha, how much are these finitiative guys paying you to spam forum @ rajat ?

C'mon you think people on this forum are not smart enough to make out your tactics. And how well do you think it will reflect on the credibility of your company?

vineetm82

Corporate Banking - Credit analysts and managers, basically analyse the needs of the client, the risk involved in giving credit to the client, structuring of the credit line etc.

Retail Banking - Sales managers, officers, relationship managers - driving the sales of products of products

Fixed Income - bonds etc (since you get a fixed income from these instruments) - like the above post said traders, dealers

Investments management - Relationship manager, Investment advisor or manager - you have a portfolio of investments (can be an aggregation of equity, mutual funds, real estates, commodities like gold, real estate and even more) and the primary responsibility one has is to increase the value of the portfolio of the client.

Hi Rajat, thanks for specifying the roles. Can you pls tell what roles are offered in a wealth management profile? Thanks in advance.:bounce:

vineetm82

hey friend, well i think that this link can help you to know the roles offered in a wealth management profile...ok
so just check it out....

Reliance Capital

Hi i checked the link but couldn't find any WM profiles. I think i put in a wrong way. I want to know the profiles which are offered in campus under wealth management and how i can prepare (for placements) so that i get those roles.
Also if someone can please help and tell me which companies offer wealth management profile apart from banks. I know anand rathi.

Please help....:peace:

abhishreshthaa

Hi i checked the link but couldn't find any WM profiles. I think i put in a wrong way. I want to know the profiles which are offered in campus under wealth management and how i can prepare (for placements) so that i get those roles.
Also if someone can please help and tell me which companies offer wealth management profile apart from banks. I know anand rathi.

Please help....:peace:

hey vineet, so friend i think that answer for your first question that what are the profiles offered by the companies, well will be WM profiles constitutes of starting from Analyst, Associates, Vice President to the Managing Director of the company so obviously company will try to offer post of Analyst or Associates in the Campus.
and now your second questions answer that companies in WM apart from Banks..
well i think there are Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) who also undertake WM work . well for clear understanding of that i am posting i file which consist names and information of different NBFC, which i think can help you out...

if any queries feel free to reply friend...

vineetm82

hey vineet, so friend i think that answer for your first question that what are the profiles offered by the companies, well will be WM profiles constitutes of starting from Analyst, Associates, Vice President to the Managing Director of the company so obviously company will try to offer post of Analyst or Associates in the Campus.
and now your second questions answer that companies in WM apart from Banks..
well i think there are Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) who also undertake WM work . well for clear understanding of that i am posting i file which consist names and information of different NBFC, which i think can help you out...

if any queries feel free to reply friend...

Hi, i didn't get any file dear, where can i access the file?
Also i visited the link given by Rajat. Finitiatives have a course on Wealth management is it good? Please help.:help:

abhishreshthaa

Hi, i didn't get any file dear, where can i access the file?
Also i visited the link given by Rajat. Finitiatives have a course on Wealth management is it good? Please help.:help:

HEY vineet, sorry friend i forgot to upload the file in last post here is the file...

Attachments

• Nbfc_Companies_6nov2008.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 10

AllenMass

Corporate Banking - Credit analysts and managers, basically analyse the needs of the client, the risk involved in giving credit to the client, structuring of the credit line etc. Penny stocks can increase ones trading profits in spades with a lot less risk. One need to be able to do a quick scan of the thousands of penny stocks that there is in the market and knows which ones have the highest percentage of going up.

PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS IN INSURANCE

1 the impact of the prudential guidelines in the insurance industry

2 the role of insurance in the development of steel industries in nigeria (a case study of osogbo steel rolling company)

3 an appraisal of agricultural insurance in a developing national like nigeria (a case of naic between 2000 – 2010)

4 analytical study of merger and acquisitions in the insurance industry in nigeria

5 marketing of life assurance policies in nigeriaproblems and prospects

6 management of risk in agricultural financing (a case study of nigeria agricultural and commerce bank plc, enugu branch)

7 the role of nigerian deposit insurance corporation (n.d.i.c) in managing financial distress (a case study of citizen bank of nigeria plc)

8 the role of insurance scheme in health services in nigeria

9 contributions of insurance in the management of risk in nigeria oil industries (a study of shell petroleum plc)

10 developing cooperative insurance in nigeria, problems and prospects

Banking & Insurance project topics

1. health insurance
  2. group insurance
  3. miscellaneous insurance
  4. hrm in insurace
  5. MOTOR INSURANCE
  6. rural insurance
  7. CRM RELATED To INSURANCE
  8. Risk and Insurance Management
  9. "MICRO INSURANCE
  10. Liability Insurance
  11. private sector banks and its profitability (icici bank )
  12. "role of LIC in Indian Insurance Industry
  13. non traditional business
  14. marine insurance
  15. marketing in insurance
  16. role of actuaries in insurance
  17. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN INSURANCE INDUSTRY
  18. role of insurance agents- marketing people in insurance
  19. children policy in insurance and its future prosps
  20. Third Party Motor Claims
  21. life insurance agents
  22. crop insurance
  23. recruitment in insurance sector in india
  24. "financial planning in insurance
  25. accident insurance
  26. 'comparative studies of life insurance companies'plz
  27. insurance awareness in india
  28. M&A Insurance
  29. Reinsurance
  30. Credit insurance

Hi Guys,

I would like to enumerate some of the career profiles in the Finance domain.

• Corporate Banking
  • Retail banking
  • Corporate Credit-Credit Appraisal
  • Investment Banking- M&A, IPO, Underwriting
  • Financial Risk Management
  • Insurance Industry
  • Fixed income/Money markets - Trader/Dealer
  • Investments Management(Fund/Portfolio management)
  • Equity - Buy Side/Sell side
  • Financial Operations-Backoffice

Kindly add to above list, if i have missed out something.

Regards,
GyanJourney
GyanJourney.com

Hey gyan, you shared a very nice list and i am sure it would help many people. I have some information regarding corporate banking, insurance industry and would like to share it with you. So please download and check my presentation.

Attachments

• Corporate Banking.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Insurance.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0