Test format for IELTS

navin_c

MP Guru
Test format for IELTS
The ELTS test offered a choice of six modules covering five broad areas of study of UK tertiary education, plus one non-specific area. The six modules were:

Life Sciences
Social Studies
Physical Sciences
Technology
Medicine
General Academic

There was also a Non-Academic test for vocational candidates.

Each candidate was required to take three sections in their subject area or module and two common tests in the General section:

M1 Study Skills G1 General Reading
M2 Writing G2 General Listening
M3 Individual Interview

A further feature of the test was that the three subject area modules were thematically linked: candidates were required to write on a topic connected to one of the texts in the Study Skills paper. Similarly, in the Interview the candidate would be asked to discuss a topic already covered in M1.

julie20099

All candidates need to complete four modules of Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing to obtain an IELTS Test Report. Listening and Speaking modules are same for all candidates but students may choose to one of the following two versions of Reading and Writing Modules:

* Academic Training Modules - It assesses whether the candidate can study undergraduate or postgraduate courses in English medium. The admission to academic programs of overseas institutions is based on the results of these modules.
* General Training Modules - Though, this test does not test full range of formal language skills needed in academic environments, it emphasizes on survival skills of a candidate in broader areas of social and educational scenarios. These scores are meant for students who want to immigrate to Australia, Canada or New Zealand, complete their secondary education or undertake non-degree training programmes in English-speaking countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

theyouthexpress

Thanks for sharing such a great info about IELTS Test because I don't know much about this test format...Thanks mine friend...:SugarwareZ-191:

Last edited by a moderator:

davehelms1989

I am highly impressed with such a good and extra ordinary information. It is very helpful for me because I am very weak in speaking and reading module. I want more tips for particular this two module for study more. I will appear IELTS exams in future. Thanks for information and keep it up.

jahangeer100

Hi dear Friends today i want to thanks you about sharing this topic. So explain with us about Test format for IELTS is very informative for me.keep sharing keep creating
blessings

aqeelfhr

Too many persons face difficult to listen the pure accent. 30 minutes listening period is too much. A new comer think when it will complete and we will move to next section.